The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
Plunky
Davie
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
George1507
I'm never wrong
superflyweight
JAS
westisbest
beninho
Soul Requiem
kwinigolfer
dynamark
navyblueshorts
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
22 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

dynamark wrote:Kobe beef isn't that a real thing.Not familiar with the gent but Basketball is a great spectator sport in that there is a score every few seconds and always a result .
Lowry has done very  well to say the least in view of the stick he gets.Good lad

Do you think so? It's certainly a great sport to play, but it's pretty boring to watch. 75% of the game is irrelevant. It only becomes slightly interesting in the last quarter when the match is won and lost. I thinks that's the problem with American sport. They concentrate so much on there being frequent scoring, that it becomes routine and lacks excitement when they do score.
I prefer moments of brilliance in sports rather than just constant routine points.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jan 2020, 11:37 am

This furore over the Brexit 50p and the pathetic resistance from Adonis and Campbell is as sad as the desire from Brexiteers for a blue passport.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Tue 28 Jan 2020, 12:41 pm

Oops.
https://twitter.com/rumchampion/status/1221528688438759425

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 28 Jan 2020, 1:04 pm

super_realist wrote:This furore over the Brexit 50p and the pathetic resistance from Adonis and Campbell is as sad as the desire from Brexiteers for a blue passport.

The fight to get back into the EU has to begin now. The more we resist idiocy like the brexit 50p the easier our entry back into the EU will be.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jan 2020, 1:49 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:This furore over the Brexit 50p and the pathetic resistance from Adonis and Campbell is as sad as the desire from Brexiteers for a blue passport.

The fight to get back into the EU has to begin now.  The more we resist idiocy like the brexit 50p the easier our entry back into the EU will be.
No, it won't. The more Remainers don't get over it, the more entrenched positions will become and the less open to reason people will be in the event that a return to the EU looks sensible. Just suck it up - who cares about a stupid coin that'll quickly vanish out of circulation into Brexiteers' pockets a.s.a.p. as some daft 'souvenir'??
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 28 Jan 2020, 2:30 pm

Super I used to take daughter to Leicester Riders games Saturday evening pennies to get in and you are right on top of the action.I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it on tv mind.
West unfortunately I am looking for the opposite result -surely Villa will have to open up a bit so nice open game please .

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 28 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm

I hope that's not beninho they're taking off the field at Wycombe in a helicopter . . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:56 am

More scummy behaviour from football fans yesterday. It's just a game people. How sad are people's lives they'll attack someones home over a bloody football team. Grow up.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 29 Jan 2020, 11:02 am

Yes, sadly as much as I like football it has to be admitted that it is followed predominantly by the lower racist classes.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2020, 11:21 am

McLaren wrote:Yes, sadly as much as I like football it has to be admitted that it is followed predominantly by the lower racist classes.
I don't see any racism in this particular issue Mac, just moronic untermensch behaviour.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 29 Jan 2020, 11:54 am

This wasn't a racist incident but we can be almost certain it was committed by the racist class. (untermensch if you must)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:01 pm

McLaren wrote:This wasn't a racist incident but we can be almost certain it was committed by the racist class. (untermensch if you must)

Are you saying that all the perpetrators were white? I would think that some were not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:06 pm

Don't make me say it. They were working class. Ok, are you happy?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:11 pm

McLaren wrote:Don't make me say it. They were working class. Ok, are you happy?

I'd just prefer if you didn't have a Pavlov's dog reaction to any event as it having roots in racism.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:27 pm

McLaren wrote:This wasn't a racist incident but we can be almost certain it was committed by the racist class. (untermensch if you must)
McLaren wrote:Don't make me say it. They were working class. Ok, are you happy?
picard So all working class are racist are they? You really are a piece of work, aren't you? Made worse because of your professed SJW credentials. Go look up the definition of 'hypocrite'.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:36 pm

Navy

That was sarcasm aimed at super.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:47 pm

He probably thinks all the criticism of Meghan was down to race too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 29 Jan 2020, 1:26 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

Of course it was Mac.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jan 2020, 1:52 pm

So make it obvious. Nothing in the way it was written suggested sarcasm. Maybe Sergio was being 'sarcastic' re. fried chicken?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 29 Jan 2020, 2:00 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I hope that's not beninho they're taking off the field at Wycombe in a helicopter . . . . . . . . .

Not me, though the fan passed away after a heart attack pre game.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 29 Jan 2020, 2:12 pm

Navy

It was aimed at super, only he needs to get it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 29 Jan 2020, 3:51 pm

Westy all I can say is well done to Villa.We should have won but didn't few mistakes lack of clinical finish and Villa showed a lot courage and effort to keep pressing.Good luck

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 29 Jan 2020, 4:46 pm

Cheers dyna. Nyland certainly kept us in the game with some crucial saves.

Played well in parts. Maddison has an off day by his standards.

Looks like it will be City, unless United can somehow turn it round.
Will need some luck in the final. Not expecting much, but if I can get a ticket, will enjoy the day out.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jan 2020, 9:16 pm

In that case, PM him next time.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2020, 9:47 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

In that case, PM him next time.
Please don't

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:25 am

Liverpool could smash almost every record this season. I wouldn't put it past them to win the European cup aswell. Great job by Klopp without buying any superstar names. A great club.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:49 am

beninho wrote:Liverpool could smash almost every record this season. I wouldn't put it past them to win the European cup  aswell. Great job by Klopp  without buying any superstar names. A great club.

…..and for doing it with players who aren't completely loathsome. In terms of the league, they won't be living in the past for much longer.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 30 Jan 2020, 4:55 pm

beninho wrote:Liverpool could smash almost every record this season. I wouldn't put it past them to win the European cup  aswell. Great job by Klopp  without buying any superstar names. A great club.

Klopp could well prove that he's a great manager whereas Pep is a manager of great players.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 31 Jan 2020, 8:36 am

Super, this should be interesting

"Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to give indyref2 update on Brexit day"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51311288
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 31 Jan 2020, 8:42 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

Klopp could well prove that he's a great manager whereas Pep is a manager of great players.

I do think Klopp will probably end up elevating himself to the upper echelons of greatest managers that we’ve seen in the game in these islands, I also think Guardiola should be there in the list. A list for me that would comprise of..
Fergie
Shankly
Busby
Paisley
Stein
Clough
Mourinho

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 31 Jan 2020, 8:47 am

McLaren wrote:Super, this should be interesting

I’m sure it’s just coincidental that Caledonia sounds very similar to Catalonia.

Let’s hope the U.K. govt handles itself a bit better than the Spanish govt did when faced with a separational crisis.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 31 Jan 2020, 8:52 am

JAS wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

I do think Klopp will probably end up elevating himself to the upper echelons of greatest managers that we’ve seen in the game in these islands, I also think Guardiola should be there in the list. A list for me that would comprise of..
Fergie
Shankly
Busby
Paisley
Stein
Clough
Mourinho

Don't forget Wenger who lest we forget revolutionised football in England, his later Arsenal career takes away from how good he was for the first 10 years. Guardiola tends to take over good teams, gets them playing well and then sods off when the going gets tough, the quintessential flat track bully.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 31 Jan 2020, 8:55 am

JAS wrote:

I’m sure it’s just coincidental that Caledonia sounds very similar to Catalonia.

Let’s hope the U.K. govt handles itself a bit better than the Spanish govt did when faced with a separational crisis.
Hopefully, they just pretty much ignore her. Sure they'll get their wish to sod off in the near future, but now is hardly the time.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jan 2020, 9:20 am

Why Mac? The SNP are powerless on the issue, she's rattling a rubber sabre.
Sturgeon has no power to make a referendum happen and she'd be a complete moron to have one now even if she could. Its certainly worth waiting a few years to see if Britain is successful or not.
She is the most pathetic one eyed politician in the country. Everything, and I mean everything she and her bigoted, horribly Nationalist party does is viewed through the lens of independence and she has never given a good reason or justification for Scotland being better off independent.
Ghastly woman

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 31 Jan 2020, 9:32 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
JAS wrote:

Hopefully, they just pretty much ignore her. Sure they'll get their wish to sod off in the near future, but now is hardly the time.

Bearing in mind the current numbers of SNP seats a) in Westminster & b) in Holyrood thats probably the best approach to boost her popularity and mandate even more. It’s clearly not in his nature but Johnson will have to tread carefully here.

Of course the other one that will eventually surface as well is the majority of NI MPs floating the idea that it may be better for them to align themselves to Dublin rather than Westminster.

See the trouble with being a bull in a china shop and lying through your teeth is that you have to continue to lie bigger and bigger until eventually it all goes pop!!! I’m afraid standing with your fingers in your ears going la la la la just doesn’t cut it.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jan 2020, 9:44 am

JAS, they're all liars. You can't seriously believe that any politician is trustworthy.

Would Johnson actually care anyway? It just means that his party would be in forever.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:14 am

JAS wrote:
Braveheart

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:34 am

super_realist wrote:JAS, they're all liars. You can't seriously believe that any politician is trustworthy.

Would Johnson actually care anyway? It just means that his party would be in forever.

Just an observation here...when a Left of center politician is caught lying, the retort never comes back as, “Yeah but all politicians are liars”, the condemnation, vilification, shaming, ridiculing goes into overdrive. Whereas when Tories do it, by far the most common retort is “Yeah but all politicians are liars” as if that’s some kind of valid excuse!!

I rationalise the above by recognising that we do live in a conservative democracy where lying is acceptable. If you vote for lies then you shouldn’t get irked by it when it happens.

Oh...and would Johnson care anyway? Most definitely not, care is not a word I’d remotely associate with Johnson in any shape or form.

On the last part, certainly for a while yes.

Last edited by JAS on Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:36 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:JAS, they're all liars. You can't seriously believe that any politician is trustworthy.

Just an observation here...when a Left of center politician is caught lying, the retort never comes back as, “Yeah but they’re all liars”, the condemnation, vilification, shaming, ridiculing goes into overdrive. Whereas when Tories do it, by far the most common retort is “Yeah but they’re all liars” as if that’s some kind of valid excuse!!

I rationalise the above by recognising that we do live in a conservative democracy where lying is acceptable. If you vote for lies then you shouldn’t get irked by it when it happens.

That's exactly what happens, the left blame the right for their lies and the right blame the left, foolish to suggest otherwise.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:45 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

Just an observation here...when a Left of center politician is caught lying, the retort never comes back as, “Yeah but they’re all liars”, the condemnation, vilification, shaming, ridiculing goes into overdrive. Whereas when Tories do it, by far the most common retort is “Yeah but they’re all liars” as if that’s some kind of valid excuse!!

That's exactly what happens, the left blame the right for their lies and the right blame the left, foolish to suggest otherwise.

Hmmm, not 100% sure you got the point Soul which was that there has been in recent times an awful lot more lies peddled by the right. In spite of which a majority of the electorate find it acceptable. Now is that because
a) They are really good liars and many believe them or b) The truth isn’t really that important. Which one is it?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:47 am

JAS wrote:

Just an observation here...when a Left of center politician is caught lying, the retort never comes back as, “Yeah but all politicians are liars”, the condemnation, vilification, shaming, ridiculing goes into overdrive. Whereas when Tories do it, by far the most common retort is “Yeah but all politicians are liars” as if that’s some kind of valid excuse!!

Oh...and would Johnson care anyway? Most definitely not, care is not a word I’d remotely associate with Johnson in any shape or form.

On the last part, certainly for a while yes.

Why do you only acknowledge the lies of the right. What about the laughable lies of Corbyn  et al. That's why I said they're all liars.
I don't see one side as being any better than the other. Why do you? You can't still be bitter that Labour didn't win, its not like you could genuinely want to have a Labour government with the feeble Corbyn at the helm.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:05 am

JAS wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

Hmmm, not 100% sure you got the point Soul which was that there has been in recent times an awful lot more lies peddled by the right. In spite of which a majority of the electorate find it acceptable. Now is that because
a) They are really good liars and many believe them or b) The truth isn’t really that important. Which one is it?

I get the point 100%, you wish to blame the right for lying and ignore the lies of the left, doing exactly the thing you're trying to bemoan.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:30 am

The vast majority of mps are decent and work hard for their constituents. The whole all mps are liars is based on views of the minority of mps. It's like people who think that the country is to PC or liberal because a minority of people complain about things.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:34 am

beninho wrote:The vast majority of mps are decent and work hard for their constituents. The whole all mps are liars is based on views of the minority of mps. It's like people who think that the country is to PC or liberal because a minority of people complain about things.

It is getting annoyingly "woke" and "offended" though to a ridiculous degree.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:45 am

Nope, it isn't.

A minority of people find ridiculous things offensive. This is then picked up, picked up by the media, and brought to the attention of loads of people who then getting in a frothing mess that the country is becoming this that and the other. When it's really just a very small amount.

Case, in point, being Mr Realist. Who thinks this.

It's like, people want to be offended at each step. A minority get upset, then a bigger group get upset by the minority. People aren't helping themselves.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

Despite his name I think super has fallen for thinking that twitter is real life.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

beninho wrote:Nope, it isn't.

A minority of people find ridiculous things offensive.  This is then picked up, picked up by the media, and brought to the attention of loads of people  who then getting in a frothing mess that the country is becoming this that and the other. When it's really just a very small amount.

It's like, people want to be offended at each step. A minority get upset, then a bigger group get upset by the minority. People aren't helping themselves.

OK, that seems fair enough, but surely their voice is heard louder than it ought to be?
Idiots like Lily Allen, Owen Jones and some of the behaviour of universities with their ridiculous no platforming, safe spaces etc are laughable.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:55 am

McLaren wrote:Despite his name I think super has fallen for thinking that twitter is real life.

I have never been on twitter Mac, and have only ever used it to see if courses are open.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:57 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Nope, it isn't.

A minority of people find ridiculous things offensive.  This is then picked up, picked up by the media, and brought to the attention of loads of people  who then getting in a frothing mess that the country is becoming this that and the other. When it's really just a very small amount.

OK, that seems fair enough, but surely their voice is heard louder than it ought to be?
Idiots like Lily Allen, Owen Jones and some of the behaviour of universities with their ridiculous no platforming, safe spaces etc are laughable.

Celebrities tend to be a big problem, the majority of them lean one way so as to look woke and being in the public eye their voice is louder than most.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 31 Jan 2020, 12:02 pm

Owen Jones, who I find pretty annoying, is no more noticable then Farage. Lily Allen the same with Hopkins. Nothing about trying to look woke , a word I don't really understand, it's just people expressing opinions. Doesn't mean they are the majority, it's still the minority.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next