The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV

+6
Red Army Kid
Bobby Roode
theundisputedY2D2
Enforcer
randy-poffo
ADMIN
10 posters

Go down

TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV Empty TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV

Post by ADMIN Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 am

TNA President Dixie Carter announced that starting in February, all TNA programming (PPV, iMPACT!, Xplosion) will be airing on Challenge TV on Sky, Virgin and Freeview.

Word is that there is talk of re-branding the network, with programming specifically aimed at young males.

TNA sources have claimed that the deal puts them in more homes in that market than WWE.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV Empty Re: TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV

Post by randy-poffo Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:44 am

This could be a good thing in the long run for TNA with more homes around the UK being able to get Challange with out having to pay an extra subsrciption payment.
I think when Impact was getting broadcasted on Bravo it was the channels highest rated show and getting more viewers than raw on a week to week basis.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV Empty Re: TNA now to be shown on Challenge TV

Post by Enforcer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 am

I'm really pleased this has finally been sorted, since Bravo stopped showing I haven't seen any TNA, but it was my preference over wwe. I'd have to agree that this will help TNA in the UK as Freeview has so few channels (compared with Virgin/Sky) that the chances of people stumbling on it are much higher.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:30 pm

It's a good move for TNA to get on Freeview, theoretically they'll get more viewers over here. Has anyone heard what kind of numbers they got when they were on Freeview for a couple of months? It'd be interesting to see if there was a significant jump in viewing figures.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:22 am

I'm also tempted to sack off Sky and get a Freeview HD box to be honest. TNA is one the few programmes I watched that wasn't available on Freeview. Save myself £24 a month.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Army Kid Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:14 am

This is certainly good news for Dixie Carter and the rest of TNA. I know they are light-years away from matching the WWE in terms of ratings, but as said above, this deal WILL put their programming in more homes than the WWE, including my own. Smart move. I'm not the biggest TNA fan, but I'll be definately getting back into this, come Feb 8th.

Red Army Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 am

The only problem with the deal chalange and TNA have got is the timing the shows are going to be shown over here,it's going to be aired here on a tuesday night which is almost a week after it is aired in the States so it will be hard to avoid spoilers.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 am

Pretty impressed that the PPV's are going to be shown on the normal channels away. This could be a huge move for TNA as they will get massive exposure to an audience they may not have had 3 months ago when they were on Sky! I welcome it :cheers:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Great News, had to watch online since i got rid of Sky!

Just hope aiming at young males theyre not planning on going all PG like the competition!

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:26 am

I only have freeview so am looking forward to this, I dont mind knowing what is going to happen before hand either as long as its entertaining when I get to see it!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 am

yeah this should be great business for tna, and hopefully casual viewers will give them a chance now. I only got into tna since I could watch it but not wwe so others will surely do what I did. Anyway, when does challenge come on freeview then? Pretty sure it isn't available now?

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 am

Its meant to be from the 2nd of Feb and is taking over Channel One I think, Freeview channel 20

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 am

Cool, thanks david

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down