The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations To Suarez

+3
Mat
Kenny
Soldier_Of_Fortune
7 posters

Go down

Congratulations To Suarez Empty Congratulations To Suarez

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Considering the the array of talent on show year's in this Copa America, this is a huge honour and I hope he replicates in this form into the new season. Well done thumbsup

PS: JD is he still like Afonso Alves 🤦

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Congratulations To Suarez Empty Re: Congratulations To Suarez

Post by Kenny Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Suarez should be our best player next season , i can honestly see him being golden boot winner . Read on the web that Forlan is available on a free do you think we should go for him ? works well with Suarez .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 pm

I think you've read wrong mate, Forlan's at his current club until 2013- and he's said he's going to see out his contract with them. I don't think he fancies a move back to England anyway.

Did Suarez score a goal or something special?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:25 pm

He won player of the tournament mate.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Oh, well done to him. Be interesting to see if he starts the season on fire, or quite sluggish then.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

I doubt he'd win the golden boot. Seems more of a provider/scorer than an out and out scorer.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

you reckon he will be back and firing for start of the premership season? normally give players coming back from this a rest and then usually takes a few weeks to pick up match fitness. intresting one for dream team

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I doubt he'd win the golden boot. Seems more of a provider/scorer than an out and out scorer.

I know its a different league but 81 goals in 110 games for Ajax suggests he could have a chance .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 am

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I doubt he'd win the golden boot. Seems more of a provider/scorer than an out and out scorer.

I know its a different league but 81 goals in 110 games for Ajax suggests he could have a chance .

Always a little wary of players with high goalscoring records in the Dutch league -- Kezman, Alves, Tomasson all failed at PL clubs. I do think Suarez is a cut above them already though.

More than capable of getting a few goals and he might be up there to challenge if he gets the chances he will tuck them away. I do see him more in the provider role however. He seems to relish it and with someone like Carroll alongside him, I can see him putting them on a plate for him.

Well worth the £20-odd million you paid for him though, he is a fantastic player. Maybe even worth a tenner on top goalscorer...may have decent odds!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:41 am

sodhat wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:

Always a little wary of players with high goalscoring records in the Dutch league -- Kezman, Alves, Tomasson all failed at PL clubs. I do think Suarez is a cut above them already though.

More than capable of getting a few goals and he might be up there to challenge if he gets the chances he will tuck them away. I do see him more in the provider role however. He seems to relish it and with someone like Carroll alongside him, I can see him putting them on a plate for him.

Well worth the £20-odd million you paid for him though, he is a fantastic player. Maybe even worth a tenner on top goalscorer...may have decent odds!

I hink you can safely say we underpaid on this one Laugh and well done to Comoli for making the deal in Jan. As he would have probs cost double that after his performance in the Copa America.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:44 am

I was surprised no one else seemed to go for him, but yes a very tidy bit of business getting in before the Copa.

Comparitively he is a bargain compared to Torres, Carroll, Tevez (mooted price)..

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Well done Luis!

I have to agree with sodhat though that I don't think he'll be our main goalscorer this season, I see him as our main creative force, playing in a role similar to Kuyt has over the past few years but will score more and create more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down