The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website

+2
bogbrush
socal1976
6 posters

Go down

Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website Empty Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website

Post by socal1976 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

Again I have no idea why the thread I started on the Bogbrush/Legendkillar method of analyzing tennis talent was deleted. I finally pin both BB and legend down in a completely untenable position and then the record of the thread is deleted. Poor form Legend. I frankly don't get the over moderation that takes place on this website. What exactly was so evil about those two threads that they had to be wiped out of the record. There was nothing abusive, I took exception with a tennis argument and made my argument based on analysis of tennis and not on personal attacks or name calling. All the participants involved seemed like they had thick enough skins and were discussing the issue civilly. Yet again the long of big brother comes out and snuffs out debate, I think this is getting to be too much with censorship.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website Empty Re: Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website

Post by bogbrush Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:02 pm

I don't know about the moderation but I do know you are misrepresenting big time when you suggest you "pinned" any argument of mine.

Unfortunately, since I know that comment is incorrect I can't vouch for the rest.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website Empty Re: Why do we have a problem with over moderation at this website

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:12 pm

PM for Socal (dont worry, its nothing bad) OK

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

Hello, Bogbrush nice to see you today.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

socal,

You had no-one pinned down whatsoever. You started a thread insinuating what and how people base their arguments. You say it is not personal, yet you make it so by incriminating people and names. This is not acceptable hence I deleted both threads.

You choose to take comparisons of your favourite player personally. Did I throw the toys out when Murray loses? Did I throw the toys out when you compared Simon to Murray? No. All I can say is socal, grow up. People were debating civally and respectfully. Ramming your opinion down someones throat isn't debating and saying they are wrong wrong wrong is poor form.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

He, he....give it a break of a couple of weeks in the schedule of top players and Hewitt becomes GOAT, fights are scheduled at Charing Cross, Safin and Stepanek are into groupies... Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Chazfazzer Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:28 pm

The thing with the arguments on here, and on the old 606, is that no one ever wins them. I've looked at these forums for about 5 or so years now and have never once seen a person say 'actually, you know what, I think your opinion might be right and I've got it wrong this time.' The debates just go round and round with the combatants repeating the same arguments again and again, and it never goes anywhere. If it does become obvious that someone has the upper hand, the person on the defensive will usually just slope off, reappearing in a few days time when the thread has been forgotten about.

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

Legend, you said yourself people were debating civilly. I wasn't insulting anyone and neither were you until this very post. It's funny you talk about cramming one's opinion down people's throats but I am not the one deleting threads. And in no way could my thread have been seen as an attack. I attacked your faulty tennis logic and proved that by your own methodolgy. In terms of cramming opinions down anyone's throat we are here to discuss tennis matters in a civil manner and until this very post that is what we were doing till you shut off debate.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

socal you proved nothing. You trying to claim victory over your nonsense logic. If you can't handle peoples opinions, agree to disagree. Like you said, you 'attacked' doesn't sound civil does it? You argue in the face of facts (as per Wimbledon 'draw rigging')

Like I said, If you can't handle peoples opinions or perceptions, debate it. Not attack it.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

Locking the thread guys - it's being looked into

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down