The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed...

2 posters

Go down

Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed... Empty Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed...

Post by Beer Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

It's 2 years ago to the day that England, Football and the world lost an absolute gentleman from the beautiful game.

July 31st, 2009, Sir Bobby Robson finally succumbed to his ongoing battle with Cancer. Never outspoken. Always gracious. A man who left his legacy on the game which took him from European glory with Ipswich, to PSV, Barcelona and England before finally returning home to manage his beloved Newcastle.

One of the greatest managers this country has ever seen and respected worldwide. His knowledge and love of the game is still prominant in today's game with the likes of Mourinho and Andre Villas Boas being products of his teaching.

Feel free to pay your respects here.

Also, visit the The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, a charity set up in his honour, a truly worthwhile cause.

Thanks,

KB

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed... Empty Re: Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed...

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

Definitely one of the greatest of all times. Like you've already said, he was an absolute gentleman and the world of football will always miss him. You wonder what his thoughts would be on some of the more recent grumbles going on at St James Park.

R.I.P Bobby Robson

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed... Empty Re: Sir Bobby Robson: 2 Years and Still Missed...

Post by Beer Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:21 pm

Totally mate. I love my club but I will never forgive Fat Freddy Shephard for how he treated Bobby.

He'd be gutted, he loved this club more than anything.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

I can understand why every Newcastle fan will always have a bitter taste about that moment. Bobby Robson deserved the best sign off that football has ever seen yet he was royally shafted by Freddy. Newcastle have had their fair share of idiots in charge.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:15 pm

We have mate. Nobody who actually 'loves' the club like the fans. Sadly there are very few owner like that left in football.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

A great man and missed by all.

RIP Sir Bobby rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:54 pm

A legend and his legacy lives on in Jose Mourinho and Andre Villas-Boas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down