The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This weekend's competition: The Four Nations

Go down

This weekend's competition: The Four Nations Empty This weekend's competition: The Four Nations

Post by Mercurio Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:02 pm

This Saturday sees one of the best competitions of the year at our club. It'll be the first time I've played in it because I'm normally watching football somewhere on the first day of the season, but me and football are currently going through a rocky patch.

The comp involves 4 teams (you can guess the team names). We meet up at 1145 and are presented with 'native' drinks from our team captain. The comp starts with a 1230 shotgun start. Each nation have a man in each group and the scoring system is a Barracuda (6-4-2-0), so as long as don't come home with less than 54 points, you've done OK and can hold your head high. After the round we continue drinking for another couple of hours, then dinner and then each nation sings a couple of 'national' songs. Then the results are put on the big screen group-by-group to really build it up and whoever has the most points, wins (obviously).

The stories of previous years are legendary.

I am so loooking forward to it Yahoo

Mercurio

Back to top Go down