The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...?

+4
beshocked
RuggerRadge2611
wales606
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

Who will score the most tries

Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_lcap11%Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_lcap4%Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_lcap7%Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_lcap61%Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 17 ]
Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_lcap11%Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_lcap6%Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Empty Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:04 am

Three Matches six teams, two games are friendly warm ups, the other a Tri-Nations match.

I am guessing this will be a semi-indicator on initial form going into the RWC 2011.

Saturday, 6 August 2011

England v Wales 14:30

Scotland v Ireland 14:15

New Zealand v Australia 08:30

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Empty Re: Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...?

Post by wales606 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:07 am

NewZealand because they are at home, so will probably beat the Wallabies and should match or edge the try count.

Ireland are playing away with a weakish team

Scotland...score tries...what???

England - Wales is too close to call and will probably be a close match with neither team running away with it (which will encourage more goal kicking - therefore less tries) - although id be happy if proved wrong and both teams go out with an attacking risk mindset.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...? Empty Re: Which International team will score the most tries this weekend...?

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

wales606 wrote:Scotland...score tries...what???

Scored more than Wales in the 6N champ thumbsup
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

Someone put Scotland! Wow!

Has to be New Zealand.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

Its not a bad Scottish side but I dont think their game with Ireland will be a try frenzy. Ireland are weak but not stupid. Though I do think Scotlnd stand a good chance of a valuable win. 2 or three tries

New Zealand should win this weekend but I dont think the Aussies will let them run away with it, though the kiwis are a hell of a counterattacking team and they will pounce all over any Aussie mistake. 3 or four tries to the Kiwis 2 or three to the Aussies

Wales and England will probably be a slug-it-out-fest, though i do expect tries, I would have expected more with players like Hook, Henson, Flood, Ashton and Foden.

But England have an experienced and strong team that wont buckle, Wales have unfortunately picked the same stodgy midfield that doesn't deliver.

The bookies are offering odds for England to win by 65 points but are not doing the same for the Welsh. I guess they are unsure of what might happen but are erring on the side of England winning by 15-20 points but possibly opening it up if the Welsh don't turn up. England to score 3 or 4 tries, Wales to score 2 or 3.

Kiwis are the most likely to score the most tries

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:47 pm

I think the NZ/Aus game will be high-scoring. Maybe 6 tries to 3 to NZ.

NZ will get the most tries this weekend - no surprise there.

Looking at the other games I think they will be pretty close so Aus might be the 2nd highest scorers of the weekend!

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

CANADA or USA ???

http://www.tsn.ca/rugby/story/?id=373198
http://usrugbynz.com/2011/08/04/o%E2%80%99sullivan-names-eagles-for-canada-clash/
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:57 pm

beshocked wrote:Someone put Scotland! Wow!

Has to be New Zealand.

I did too. I think Scotland have a great oportunity to put an inexperienced Ireland side to the sword. I know our defence is normally a strong point but I think with so many new combinations there are bound to be gaps. The question is whether or not Scotland can expoit them. I think they can.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
wales606 wrote:Scotland...score tries...what???

Scored more than Wales in the 6N champ thumbsup

Correction

Scotland...score tries...at home...what???
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

wales606 wrote:
Correction

Scotland...score tries...at home...what???

It's true. Mind you there was a rumour going around last season that the scoreboard at Murrayfield had to be re programmed because it was only set to increment in 3's for the home side.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:51 am

And the answer was...!

New Zealand and Wales, followed in a tie between Australia and England, Scotland then Ireland.

The tri nations match didnt have as much flair as we all hoped.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:51 am

maestegmafia wrote:And the answer was...!

New Zealand and Wales, followed in a tie between Australia and England, Scotland then Ireland.

I would say in terms of flair:

NZ 9.5/10
Aus 5/10
Wales 5/10
Eng 4.5/10
Scot 3/10
Ire 2.5/10

Apologies if that seems harsh but I understand it was the first match for the NH sides for some time and they will all most certainly show more flair in the weeks/months to come. I thought Wales played well despite the loss and Ireland will be a substantially different team next week.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

maestegmafia wrote:And the answer was...!

really?

Takes a lot to please some people. Sometimes wonder if youre getting the same match up there.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down