The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...?

+5
Carrotdude
english warrior
Liam_Main
Duty281
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
9 posters

Go down

Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...? Empty Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...?

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Gambhir lbw Willey (who?) 18
Sehwag lbw Burton ( err?) 8

Doh

Mukunds on 41...where does that leave Indian selection if he gets a big score?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...? Empty Re: Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...?

Post by Duty281 Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah I was about to make the same thread! Between the two wicket takers they have played 19 first-class matches laughing

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...? Empty Re: Gambhir and Sehwag will make the difference...?

Post by Liam_Main Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 pm

And 14 of them have came from David Willey, haven't heard of the other lad
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm

The Indian Batsmen had better enjoy this interlude while they can. Because next Wednesday its back to the same old, same old, where, with or without Sehwag and the rest of the crew India, continue the process of being publicly di-sected by an England team hungry for the Number one spot. I can't wait, wonder if they can? Whistle

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Im not going to get ahead of myself by predicting a whitewash for england in this series or just assuming they will roll England over ...but this must raise a question about Sehwags readiness.
He has played less first class/test cricket this year than Burton!

Mukunds building a good innings now by the looks of it.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Mukund reaches 100, this could cause a significant selection dilemna for India for the next Test, although I think Gambhir and Sehwag will play if they are fit enough.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Makrish Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Dhoni out for 2, seems like he won't be using this match to get back into form..

Makrish

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Will they bring Mukund down the order in place of Raina? Him keeping Sehwag or Gambhir out if they are available is out of the question, but will they think of Mukund at 6 in place of Raina?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

msp83 wrote:Will they bring Mukund down the order in place of Raina? Him keeping Sehwag or Gambhir out if they are available is out of the question, but will they think of Mukund at 6 in place of Raina?

I think they'll stick with Raina before this series he was there form player deserves a place and another chance. Mukund I feel will be left out a dilemma for the selectors though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by longhopmerchant Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Sehwag rarely plays well in warm up games or even 1st Class games. Sehwag in Test mode is a different beast, as his record suggests.

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:32 pm

wow mukund got 100 against a 2nd string northants bowling attack, so what

Back to top Go down

Post by longhopmerchant Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:wow mukund got 100 against a 2nd string northants bowling attack, so what
I'd like to see you score a ton vs any attack

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 pm

i have

Back to top Go down

Post by longhopmerchant Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:38 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i have
sure...

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:39 pm

considering my top score in cricket, is 135 i have!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Islingtonv2 Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:11 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:considering my top score in cricket, is 135 i have!!

well my top score is 354 and i did it all in sixes. mind you my back garden did have small boundries and cousin Phyllis was only allowed to bowl underarm.

Islingtonv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:considering my top score in cricket, is 135 i have!!

CF aren't you a number 8 are you Bresnan or Broad in disguise?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Or are you like Gillespie just a one off score?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 pm

im a bowling all-rounder who bats at 8, i have one hundred and 6 fifties

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down