The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...?

+10
Pot Hale
The Lord Baron Edwood
OzT
pete (buachaill on eirne)
beshocked
ScarletSpiderman
Notch
Cari
red_stag
maestegmafia
14 posters

Go down

How do you think you will feel afterwards if your team get thumped this weekend?

If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Vote_lcap18%If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Vote_lcap82%If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 28 ]

Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Empty If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:35 pm

If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...?

It could so easily happen, we don't know how much either the teams we support have achieved in their summer camps, or how much our opposition have. We don't know whether all the problems have been solved, new game plans introduced or whether we will see the same negativities, exemplified by an opposition who have got it all right.

So come monday and the worst possible out come on Saturday, how do you think you will reflect...?

And how will it effect their RWC chances...?

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Empty Re: If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...?

Post by red_stag Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

I'll feel bad if we get thumped. If we lose thats ok but its never ok to get thumped.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...? Empty Re: If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...?

Post by Cari Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

Depends on how the team played really and what the score is at the end. If it's thumping I'll feel worried more than terrible.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

It's never good to get thumped. I don't care if we put out the Ireland U20s, its never ok for a team wearing the green jersey to get thumped in a test match.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:39 pm

BTW I'm confused now.

The title says "If your team get gets a thumping win". The article says "if your team gets thumped".
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

To be honest getting Thumped is better than losing out to a stupid pen right at the end. I still remember losing out to SA in 99 (wembley) and being so so depressed, and someone saying 'cheer up you almost beat the world champions' and then telling them back 'almost makes it hurt more'.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be honest getting Thumped is better than losing out to a stupid pen right at the end. I still remember losing out to SA in 99 (wembley) and being so so depressed, and someone saying 'cheer up you almost beat the world champions' and then telling them back 'almost makes it hurt more'.

I disagree entirely. For example Ireland v France in 2007 was awful we lost with last kick of the ball. However I much rather than they getting tonked by 30-40 point margins.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

Stag - I'ld prefer to get thumped as I can start looking for scape goats early on! I'm the sort of person who thinks drawing is worse than losing too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

I would feel fine. Why? The team England has put out is not really close to full strength. It will lure Wales into a false of security. We would then probably thump them in their backyard.

It will prove MJ was wrong to pick so many out of form overrated players.

Never nice to lose but I am thinking of the long term.

An overconfident Wales might well go into the world cup with too much hype and bravado then brought crashing to reality by Fiji,South Africa and Samoa.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

red_stag wrote:BTW I'm confused now.

The title says "If your team get gets a thumping win". The article says "if your team gets thumped".

+1

On a somewhat similar note I was walking back from lunch earlier and I thought to myself our of the 22 players playing for us this weekend, if it was my choice as to who played well what 6 would I choose???

Finding it hard I have to say.

Sexton-I want him to have a good game so he gels with Wallace and McFadden
Wallace-I want him to have a good game so he gels with Sexton and so he is recognised by all as an excellent replacement for Darcy
Kearney-I don't really like him from 09 to present I hope he can go back to his running best. ireland needs a solid 15 but one who can counter
Ryan-I'd be delighted if he put in a good showing. Ireland needs locks playing well for the RWC and beyond.
Flannery-Having Flannery back in the mix of things would be great news. We could do with him coming off the bench vs Aus.
Buckley-I'd like him to have a good game because physically he should be a monster and occasionally is. Hope he has a good game and then more of the same!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I'm the sort of person who thinks drawing is worse than losing too.

Really? For example Ireland v Australia 2009. Losing by 7 points for a while and trying to catch them and we get a last minute try and make the conversion to draw.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:52 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:

+1

On a somewhat similar note I was walking back from lunch earlier and I thought to myself our of the 22 players playing for us this weekend, if it was my choice as to who played well what 6 would I choose???Finding it hard I have to say.

Sexton-I want him to have a good game so he gels with Wallace and McFadden
Wallace-I want him to have a good game so he gels with Sexton and so he is recognised by all as an excellent replacement for Darcy
Kearney-I don't really like him from 09 to present I hope he can go back to his running best. ireland needs a solid 15 but one who can counter
Ryan-I'd be delighted if he put in a good showing. Ireland needs locks playing well for the RWC and beyond.
Flannery-Having Flannery back in the mix of things would be great news. We could do with him coming off the bench vs Aus.
Buckley-I'd like him to have a good game because physically he should be a monster and occasionally is. Hope he has a good game and then more of the same!

Create a different thread Pete I think
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

On it.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Typo...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:23 pm

Anytime my team lose I feel terrible..... though some loses are easier to take than others.

Like that draw in Ireland, though gutted that we lost the lead in the last minute, couldn't have been scored by a better bloke, and I think it was on his 100th game or some landmark like that.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

red_stag wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:I'm the sort of person who thinks drawing is worse than losing too.

Really? For example Ireland v Australia 2009. Losing by 7 points for a while and trying to catch them and we get a last minute try and make the conversion to draw.

I agree with SS Stag. Continuing with that logic, winning is worse than drawing Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Baron Edwood Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:43 pm

As an English fan I'd be disappointed but one of our main problems has been settling on a team (okay, until this year anayway) and a thumping would effectively rule certain players out. Jonno has played this one well I think- the big game will be away to Ireland, who have stuffed us every year since 2003 (with one exception).

The Lord Baron Edwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 06 Aug 2011, 2:46 am

i would agree. The big game is the last one for England against their bogey. The middle games against their bogey France, are the big ones for Ireland. A win in France would do wonders for the team. Which reminds me - are France playing anyone this weekend? Or is their first match against Ireland? All of which is completely off-topic, I realise.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:36 am

"If your team gets a thumping this weekend, how concerned will you be...?"

...very.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Messymesina Sat 06 Aug 2011, 7:44 am

I will be very concerned. I fear the worst. We have a full back (it seems in the recent Scarlets tradition) who can't tackle. I predict we will concede 4 tries.
However my greatest concern is Wales' game plan. Are we going to keep the ball in play and simply kick to the opposition?

Messymesina

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:00 pm

If my team (the ABs) ever get a thumping its terrible.
If my other team (wellington) gets a thumping then its just poor but since its happened a few times not that bad
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

Pot Hale wrote:i would agree. The big game is the last one for England against their bogey. The middle games against their bogey France, are the big ones for Ireland. A win in France would do wonders for the team. Which reminds me - are France playing anyone this weekend? Or is their first match against Ireland? All of which is completely off-topic, I realise.

I think France are only playing two games against Ireland tbh.

Makes sense. Ireland have about 45-50 players around and France have 30-32.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 06 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

I don;t like losing by big score to England, though when Wales beat England first up in the 6 Nations we tend to catch fire and they are Wales biggest draw for fans so I can see the logic in facing them, but a large loss will destroy Welsh self belief.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down