The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham - lack of ambition?

3 posters

Go down

Durham - lack of ambition? Empty Durham - lack of ambition?

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:57 pm

If I were Durham supporter, given how close the battle for the Div 1 title might be, I would be disappointed that they didn't seem to have made much effort to get a victory against Notts. They had a useful first innings lead of 90 but then took 50 overs to reach 181 for 3 in their second innings. Notts finished on 172 for 5 off 54 overs - and it looks as tho their 5th wicket fell sometime before close of play.

If it had been Somerset (for example) in the same position as Durham I expect they would have taken a few risks and tried to score at 6+ an over in the second innings and give themselves at least another hour more to bowl out the opposition.

Am I missing something? Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Durham - lack of ambition? Empty Re: Durham - lack of ambition?

Post by Liam_Main Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

Lack of drive I would say is the problem. If we were looking for the victory we should of put Mustard and Blackwell up the order they get us some quick runs and we give ourselves more a chance of bowling them out. Like you said trying to score at 6+ a over. Also think we should of experimented with a few more bowlers, Stokes and Collingwood. These are a all things we should of done but didn't, little things like this could matter hopefully it doesn't
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

what i dont get is that durham won them cc back to back, and cos they lost a few games in the season after, smith was dithced as captain and no one said why lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

cricketfan90 wrote:what i dont get is that durham won them cc back to back, and cos they lost a few games in the season after, smith was dithced as captain and no one said why lol

The captaincy was taken off Smith because he was in terrible form with the bat and soon after he was dropped. He's just recently he's go back into the side.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:54 pm

As a Somerset fan, we are chasing the leaders so the onus is on us to produce "result" pitches and force games to a conclusion. It is probably harder to be Durham in this situation as they whilst only having a small lead, lead the CC (or did) subconciously they think they can afford to draw, as long as they do not lose. Whereas Somerset, it is win or bust,

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

With most of Durham vs Hants washed out, the only chance of getting a result on day 4 is by Hants setting a target by a contrived declaration. Perhaps they will show more ambition this time....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 13 Aug 2011, 1:45 pm

Hampshire have declared well before lunch on the final day setting Durham a target of 276 in quite a lot of overs. If Durham win at a canter the other title-chasing sides may well be asking for a stewards' inquiry. Shocked

Last edited by Corporalhumblebucket on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misread the scorecard)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 13 Aug 2011, 7:23 pm

On the other hand, if Durham get bowled out they will hardly get any points for this match..... Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

hampshire win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down