The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?

+18
Davie
hodge
Raymond
cabbagesandbrussels
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Mike Selig
bradman99.94
Smile
trommer54
LivinginItaly
ShankyCricket
msp83
Makrish
Carrotdude
Liam_Main
english warrior
Fists of Fury
activereactive
22 posters

Go down

What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?  Empty What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?

Post by activereactive Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

What Kind of Indian Comeback in the 3rd Test would you like?

Yahoo India batting 1st scoring 500+, England 1st inning 89 all out, following on, all out for 124 runs in the 2nd inning. Yahoo

activereactive

Back to top Go down

What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?  Empty Re: What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:48 pm

How about England skittling them (again), before grinding them into the dirt.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?  Empty Re: What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?

Post by activereactive Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:How about England skittling them (again), before grinding them into the dirt.

It happened once, twice, but It would not be repeated anymore.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

I'd like the kind of Indian comeback that is relieved to lose 4-0 and belive me that's the only thing thats going to come out of this tour. Because the many Indian posters on here may clutch at numerous straws, but their team has been crushed in to the ground and left looking weak, and lacking technique and even worse spirit. So a 4-0 whitewash to England where India get some kind of success like making just over 300 runs in an innings is the 'Comeback' i would like. You never know, it might happen!! Very Happy

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

You ask this on a English site?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

Liam_Main wrote:What Kind of Indian Comeback would you like?

You ask this on a English site?

laughing choice is yours laughing

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

Your optimism is commendable, active, and I'm not arrogant enough to assume that we will beat you as easily as we have in the first two games, but it really is hard to see past another England win.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

India haven't even made 300 in this series, I can't see them getting anywhere near 400 never mind 500
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:03 pm

Liam_Main wrote:India haven't even made 300 in this series, I can't see them getting anywhere near 400 never mind 500

laughing Ok then India batting 1st scoring 350+ Eng 89 all out following on 124 all out in the 2nd inning. laughing

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Makrish Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

I predict... Dravid to make another century, Tendulkar another 50, and India to make about 300. England to make 450-550, and India, having spent another two days in the field, bowled out for 200-250. England cruise to a 10 wicket win, or an innings win.

Makrish

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

activereactive wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:India haven't even made 300 in this series, I can't see them getting anywhere near 400 never mind 500

laughing Ok then India batting 1st scoring 350+ Eng 89 all out following on 124 all out in the 2nd inning. laughing

Your batsman struggled against a 2nd string Northants side, more like you's will be bowled out for 89 and 124
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 8:59 am

I don't know what kind of a comeback, but I hope a long ovrdue comeback does take place. The signs are good, the regular opening pair of Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir should be back, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman can atin their regular positions. The leader of the bowoling attack too should be back, an Indian bowling unit led by Zaheer Khan does make a serious difference.
Most importantly, this time India will have 4 bowlers including a main spinner who would be trying to get a wicket or 2.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Sat 06 Aug 2011, 9:39 am

msp83 wrote:I don't know what kind of a comeback, but I hope a long ovrdue comeback does take place. The signs are good, the regular opening pair of Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir should be back, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman can atin their regular positions. The leader of the bowoling attack too should be back, an Indian bowling unit led by Zaheer Khan does make a serious difference.
Most importantly, this time India will have 4 bowlers including a main spinner who would be trying to get a wicket or 2.

Its gonna be like how I described in OP.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 9:44 am

India to score 342, England 319, India 321 and England 296. Zak with a 5fer in the first innings, Mishra to get 6 in the match. Gambhir to score a ton, Sehwag, Tendulkar and Dhoni 50s.
KP to score a ton for England, and Strauss a 50.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

msp83 wrote:India to score 342, England 319, India 321 and England 296. Zak with a 5fer in the first innings, Mishra to get 6 in the match. Gambhir to score a ton, Sehwag, Tendulkar and Dhoni 50s.
KP to score a ton for England, and Strauss a 50.

And India managed to deny Eng an access to number 1 test team.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

Bopara picked 🤦 🤦 🤦 🤦 Doh Doh

Congratulations to India on winning the 3rd Test

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

So Ravi Bopaara managed to upstage the much talked about James Taylor, yet again!. Thought Taylor deerved a call up.
They Ravi gives them the additional bowling option, but none of the England captains he played under, seem to have placed a lot of trust on that part of his game.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

Bopara is quite frankly CRAP.He is among the worst cricketers to have played for England in recent times.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

England have definitely played the better cricket by far, however in both matches we have also had dodgy periods with the bat. I expect India's much vaunted batting lineup to produce at least once during the series, so I think the next two matches will be closer. Still tipping England to have the edge though.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by trommer54 Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:07 am

not keen on white wash as i think it can devalue the series a bit have huge respect for india but as england supporter would take 3 -1 and run off delighted

trommer54

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

In the aftermath of India losing Zaheer, I think the series is England's.

Reckon India may bat first this time round, and it'll be intriguing watching England batting for a win, rather than bowling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

Rain is predicted. Fielding first may be the best option to both teams.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bradman99.94 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Bopara picked 🤦 🤦 🤦 🤦 Doh Doh

I'm intrigued; how did the 4th Test go?

bradman99.94

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

I would like to see some fight from this Indian side and I suspect we shall in the next test. Harbajhan is no big loss, I've said for a while he's been poor the last 3 years or so. Gambhir and Shewag are back which means they can drop the out of depth Mukund (who never was a better player than Vijay) and Raina (Rohit Sharma had a better technique anyway). Zaheer is a big loss however, but then so is Trott for England.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the series finish 2-1 or 3-1, particularly if England get complacent (but I can't see that happening with this England side). The downside to this is of course it leaves open to all kinds of "India would have won had it not been for the injuries" nonsense...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

India bat first make 700 with Tendlukar stranded not out on 99.
England follow on and Botham sorry Bresnan hits the fastest double century in test cricket to give them a narrow lead with 20 over left.
Due to a series of bizzare injuries during the changeover England are forced to open the bowling in the fourth innings with KP who takes 10-1 (1nb) leading to a stunning victory. Geoff Boycott literaly explodes.
Indian fans incesnsed with their teams loss depsite such a strong comeback in the first innings take to the streets of England burning effigies of Dhoni. This intimidates the silly kids off the streets saving our twon centers form damage.

This would be pretty good.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Bopara picked 🤦 🤦 🤦 🤦 Doh Doh

One bad selection a loss doth not make....

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

I'm torn...

Part of me does wish India would show some backbone and fight this summer. They owe it to the greats of the game who will "bow out" very soon; Sachin, Dravid, Laxman

The other part of me wants an England whitewash which will prove to anyone who still doubts our credentials that we truly are the worlds very best.

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:India bat first make 700 with Tendlukar stranded not out on 99.
England follow on and Botham sorry Bresnan hits the fastest double century in test cricket to give them a narrow lead with 20 over left.
Due to a series of bizzare injuries during the changeover England are forced to open the bowling in the fourth innings with KP who takes 10-1 (1nb) leading to a stunning victory. Geoff Boycott literaly explodes.
Indian fans incesnsed with their teams loss depsite such a strong comeback in the first innings take to the streets of England burning effigies of Dhoni. This intimidates the silly kids off the streets saving our twon centers form damage.

This would be pretty good.

I hope Indians will not riot.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Active, you started tucking in to your humble pie yet?

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:33 pm

Indian comeback..... Erm

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

Raymond wrote:Active, you started tucking in to your humble pie yet?

I am ready mate. Once the game is over.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:46 am

Maybe making 300 in the second inning so the game goes to 4 days?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Maybe making 300 in the second inning so the game goes to 4 days?

Indians making 300 for the 1st time!!!

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:23 am

A short-lived one

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

activereactive wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:How about England skittling them (again), before grinding them into the dirt.

Hmmm

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

dummy_half wrote:
activereactive wrote:

Hmmm

Laugh aawwwkkkkwwwaaarrrrdd laughing

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

The Indian squad visting these shores are a total embarrassment to India and the cricketing world.

No backbone, no fight. Bangladesh would put up more of a fight!!!

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

Ireland probably could

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

Maybe taking an easy slip catch would be a start?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat 13 Aug 2011, 12:07 pm

activereactive wrote:

I think you should start now.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 13 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

Any more predictions Active?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Sat 13 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

Indias last resort at The Oval is to try some hurtful insults to the batsmen.

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Sat 13 Aug 2011, 9:51 pm

activereactive wrote:

I had my humble pie, its been long flushed way.

Jokes apart, England has won the series with more than a clear upperhands, 1st game with 196 runs, 2nd 396 something, and @Edgebaston an inning and so many runs,
Yahoo There is no question England is the right claimer ofr the #1 rtest ranking. may England keep it for many years. Yahoo

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:23 pm

activereactive wrote:
activereactive wrote:

I had my humble pie, its been long flushed way.

Jokes apart, England has won the series with more than a clear upperhands, 1st game with 196 runs, 2nd 396 something, and @Edgebaston an inning and so many runs,
Yahoo There is no question England is the right claimer ofr the #1 rtest ranking. may England keep it for many years. Yahoo

Thanks for that Active, I'm sure once India have sorted out there selection problems etc they'll be right up there again. 2nd hopefully though not 1st haha Wink
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:43 am

i think the india old boys will retire, and they will have to start again, with players like, pujara, raina, kohli, roht sharma......

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 14 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

I can't see them retiring till another 2-3 years yet. There still quality batsman don't doubt them all of a sudden after a couple of poor knocks.

Raina, Kohli and Sharma are certainly the future though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

Stellar Key wrote: Indias last resort at The Oval is to try some hurtful insults to the batsmen.

You mean some hurtful insults to the batsmen of their own team???.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun 14 Aug 2011, 5:14 pm

Answer to OP: none unless they earn it by playing well. England could pay them no greater respect than by upping their performance even more - ie drop no catchable catches close to the wicket.

What this series has shown is that the greed of Cricket Boards often works against their players. This Indian side when properly prepared is not 3 thrashings out of 3 worse than this England side. The BCCI's agreement to this tour now has left the players overtired and undercooked by all the recent ODI stuff, coupled with trying to cope with totally different Test conditions here than in the WI so recently.

India's ridiculous schedule ruined a potentially cracking competitive series.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down