The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia)

3 posters

Go down

AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia) Empty AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia)

Post by antoineclarke Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:46 am

At last a good all round result. A win over Valencia. No goals conceeded. Carroll getting a goal. Yahoo

Nice. thumbsup

I've been worried about the 3 goals per game average conceeded in the pre-season games. But 2-0 versus a top Spanish club is good. kiss

7pts from our first three games and we're on the way: Sunderland (h), Arsenal (a), Bolton (h). Whistle
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia) Empty Re: AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia)

Post by Crimey Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:48 am

I'm really optimistic about this season to be honest, I think we've done well in the transfer market by buying players who have Premier League experience, although from the outside people will think the signings haven't been good, after some of the flops we've had over the years coming from Spain it's nice to see us bring in some guys we know that will do in the league and it's good to see the England squad full of Liverpool players again rather than just Gerrard and the odd Carragher sometimes.

I think we've got a really healthy group of attacking options in the team now and I am confident even with a couple of injuries our squad now has the depth to cope with it.

The one thing I am worried about is that our squad still has a lot of dead wood, checking our squad it seems that we are right on the edge of going over the squad limit and will go over should we bring in any more signings, and that's when people like Degen, Insua and El Zhar aren't even in the squad, I hope we can get rid of some of the dead wood before the season starts.

Ideally I'd like to sell:

Aqua £7 million
Degen £1.5 million
El Zhar £1 million
Poulsen £2 million

I think we should keep Insua if we don't sign another left back, he's decent enough back up for Aurelio who's very injury prone and I think could do a decent job for us, he's only young as well so could still get better and I doubt we'll get much of a transfer fee for him anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia) Empty Re: AT LAST!!!!! A CLEAN SHEET!!!! (Liverpool v Valencia)

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:52 am

Funny to see no WUMS on this thread.

Great performance by the reds. Aurelio and Downing linking up well. Another goal for Carrol and looks like he's back to full fitness. I dont think many CBs will want to play against him this season.

Aqua looks good when is involved in the game but does seem to go missing if he doesnt see the ball for long, which is a bit of a worry as Kenny likes us to defend from the front.

2 goals and a clean sheet against a top la liga side. Roll on next Sat thumbsup

Argee that we do need to ship more deadwood before the end of the window

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:54 am

I'm not sure I want Aqua at the club to be honest, I would be happier keeping Insua who from his facebook seems really happy to be back with Liverpool where as I think Aqua has an eye on the exit door to be honest, and I would rather keep Meireles than Aqua, I think it might be hard to accomidate both so in the end I'd rather have Meireles who has taken to the Premier League like a duck to water over Aqua who is injury prone and will need more time to adapt properly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:02 pm

Totally agree about deadwood. I'd let them go simply to take them off the payroll and take what we can get.

Not sure why Aquilani hasn't gone: the guy is clearly wanting to stay in Italy and there are supposed to be a couple of clubs after him.

But, remember Lucas. A lot of us thought he was hopeless and the arrival of Roy Hodgson (!) seemed to unshackle him. Here's hoping a couple more of the underachievers start to click.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

I think we've probably got a pretty high asking price for Aqualini so that we can recoup around half of what we paid for him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down