The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackpool fined for 'weakened team'

+4
Mat
AberdeenSteve
hodge
mcshiny
8 posters

Go down

Blackpool fined for 'weakened team' Empty Blackpool fined for 'weakened team'

Post by mcshiny Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:22

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9378679.stm

Took a while but a £25,000 fine on Blackpool has gone through for their 'weakened team' they played against villa back in november.

Seem to recall Holloway saying he'd resign if he was fined, obviously this was a bluff but as a Liverpool fan wouldn't mind if he followed through so we could get Charlie Adam.... Wink

mcshiny

Back to top Go down

Blackpool fined for 'weakened team' Empty Re: Blackpool fined for 'weakened team'

Post by hodge Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:33

no way will Holloway will resign, says a load of stuff and doesn't follow through on it

hodge

Back to top Go down

Blackpool fined for 'weakened team' Empty Re: Blackpool fined for 'weakened team'

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:40

I think it is a joke he has been fined in the first place, same goes with the incident at Wolves. Holloway has a fair point when he says that he has a squad of 25 players that he can pick and choose from when he likes. How the Premier League can justify making every club pick 25 players at the beginning of the season and then fining them when players within that 25 man squad are chopped and changed. Complete joke :x

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:43

AberdeenSteve wrote:I think it is a joke he has been fined in the first place, same goes with the incident at Wolves. Holloway has a fair point when he says that he has a squad of 25 players that he can pick and choose from when he likes. How the Premier League can justify making every club pick 25 players at the beginning of the season and then fining them when players within that 25 man squad are chopped and changed. Complete joke :x

I can understand the Wolves situation as the 25 man squad rule was not applicable back then,but to fine Blackpool is a joke as it's essentially saying the other players are all crap.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Blackpool fined for 'weakened team' Empty FA do NOT have a clue

Post by ronin47 Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 8:59

Hi all, how ya doing

I am not a Blackpool fan, but as a football fan I think this fine for Blackpool is absolutely disgusting.

For the FA to stipulate that clubs must list 25 players at the start of the season and then fine a club on the grounds that they are fielding a weakened team, is totally ridiculous.

I just cannot understand the FA mentality behind this - It Just Does Not Make Sense.

Has anybody got a fax or email for the FA ?

Red Devils Rule
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 9:12

One question about this...

As I understand there is a 25 man squad - but then youth players (under a certain age?) can be played in addition to the 25 men.

Were there any from outside of the 25 man squad in this so-called "weakened team"? If his 11 all came from the 25 then it is as ridiculous as people suggest. If he threw a few youth players in there too then there may be a case to answer

Davie

Back to top Go down

Blackpool fined for 'weakened team' Empty whats the point

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 11:44

whats the point of having to name a 25 man squad if the manager can`t choose who he wants to play from those 25. if i recal blackpool only lost the match in the final few minutes, would the FArce fined blackpool if there had been a draw. complete double standards by the FArce, arsenal and the Mancs regularly change large numbers of players depending on who they are playing and who they play next. Biscuit anyone? :?:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin van Bergkamp Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 16:35

Just goes to show yet again that football is run by idiots whether they be at FIFA, the FA or PL.

Sadly inept sport management isn't unique. Just look at F1 over the years.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Robin van Bergkamp

http://www.picture-u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 20:00

I have to agree with what everyone is saying on here.
This fielding a weakened team is a load of rubbish.
Who are the premier league to decide who is the better player than those playing?
Do they go to all the training sessions?
We have the 25 man squad (and a few kids) rule to take into account.
Why are the cup matches different? Is there an outcry from the powers above when Arsenal or Man U etc play their reserve team in a cup match? No !

Its just a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yes We Gyan Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 20:07

Y I Man
Totally agree mate,hollys a legend Blackpool fined for 'weakened team' 3933776953

Yes We Gyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down