The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sale Sign Johnny Leota

3 posters

Go down

Sale Sign Johnny Leota Empty Sale Sign Johnny Leota

Post by MBTGOG Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:14 am

Sale Sharks have completed the signing of 27-year-old Samoan international centre Johnny Leota.

Leota recently played in the Pacific Nations Cup for Samoa against Fiji and subsequently against Tonga.

He has represented the Highlanders 24 times in Super Rugby and has been a member of the Manawatu side in the ITM Cup since 2004.

Leota missed part of the 2010 season through injury but has fought his way back to full fitness and has been part of the 25-man squad preparing for the World Cup.

Leota will join up with the Sharks once the World Cup is finished.

"Johnny is a great signing for us and I am sure he will fit in well at the club," said Sale Executive Director of Sport, Steve Diamond.

"He is playing well and I have had my eye on him for some time. He is a great defender and a great line breaker with ball in hand.

"Fans will remember when we signed Graham Bond nine years ago and what an impact he had. Johnny is a very similar player and we have high hopes for him."

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7092913,00.html

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Sale Sign Johnny Leota Empty Re: Sale Sign Johnny Leota

Post by Geordie Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Is he any relation to Wasps favorite Trevor?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:02 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Is he any relation to Wasps favorite Trevor?

Probably distantly. Johnny Leota's wife Liana is a professional netball player for the Southern Steel and NZ, I wonder if she'll be looking for an English club netball side too?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down