The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic

2 posters

Go down

Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic Empty Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic

Post by socal1976 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

It doesn't get an easier for the top seeds. All eyes have to be on these two matchups now that murray and Nadal are out. It looks like we will defintely have at least one surprise finalist. Who could that be? At this stage it is too wide open to tell but who are your predictions of the player that will rise up out of the upset portion of the draw? I look for Roger to get some revenge on Tsonga who was a bit fortunate in their wimbeldon quarter match. Tsonga is a great talent but has difficulty reproducing great performances. Cilic and Djoko, it will be a tough matchup, a Croatia-Serbia derby match. Novak still looks rusty and maybe susceptible in the earlier rounds.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic Empty Re: Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

socal1976 wrote:It doesn't get an easier for the top seeds.

Technically I suppose playing the World No 29 is not any easier than playing the World No. 30. But wasn't it a couple of days ago that facing JMDP meant a tough draw?
I see no problem for Novak, but if Tsonga can serve well, he can beat Fed again.
From the other half Berdych would seem to have the easier path.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic Empty Re: Matchday Canada: Fed v. Tsonga, Novak v. Cilic

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

I don't believe that Cilic is 22 yrs old.

I think he's probably closer to 27.

They probably lost his birth certificate in the balkan war.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:08 pm

Julius, I thought for sure Delpo would make more of a surge this us hardcourt season than what he has showed so far. Maybe it is still too soon for people to think he can repeat what he accomplished in the 09 open. Djokovic played a great second set. Still working away a bit of rust, but I can't see either troicki or Monfils beating him. Looks like unless Jo Willy can pull off some magic that we might just have a rematch with Roger and Novak. In my opinion, the funnest of the big three rivalries.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down