The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This has just been beyond embarassing so far

4 posters

Go down

This has just been beyond embarassing so far Empty This has just been beyond embarassing so far

Post by GSC Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Bangladesh offered more of a fight. This series can't end quickly enough for India. Yes they've lost Zaheer Khan, but you can't be so reliant on 1 bowler that without him you end up with a near enough 500 run depicit after the 1st innings. They need to go away and look at the way the team is run and how it prepares for big series like this, because the way this team has performed in this series is beyond an embarassment.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

This has just been beyond embarassing so far Empty Re: This has just been beyond embarassing so far

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:31 pm

I think they just played too much One day and T20 IPL stuff and not enough Test Cricket, They were both knackered and underdone at the same time sadly.

I still have no doubt they'll be a serious force in the one day series and T20 but they may struggle in the rest of this test series.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

This has just been beyond embarassing so far Empty Re: This has just been beyond embarassing so far

Post by GSC Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Its not exactly an isolated incident though. After the 1st test the attitude was, India always start slow, they'll play themselves into the series. Always being on the backfoot too start seems lazy and unprofessional to me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm

England who are a very good side have bossed the Indians into submission, whilst India themsleves are broken and have lost their nerve and will to win.
Giving credit to England is a better way of loking at it.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Smile wrote:England who are a very good side have bossed the Indians into submission, whilst India themsleves are broken and have lost their nerve and will to win.
Giving credit to England is a better way of loking at it.

They certainly deserve lots.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Oh full credit to England, they've been professional as ever. I just expected a lot more from the #1 side in the world. To have a side 120-8 on day 1 and end up getting hammered isn't the hallmark of great teams.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 am

I'm not even convinced England have had to play all THAT well - yes, we've had spells of playing to our potential, but we've not hit the heights of intensity that the recent Ashes series reached - there has been some sloppiness in the field and a few occasions where we've got into trouble with the bat before fighting back.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am really disappointed with the Indians - OK, they've had some issues with injuries that have weakened them, but surely they normally have more of a bowling attack than just Zaheer (Kumar is an honest pro but needs to add a yard of pace to become a real threat at Test level), and their fielding has been atrocious. Add to that the most highly regarded batting line up in the world having failed to reach 300 in any of 6 innings (partly from good bowling but mostly by exploiting technical weaknesses in the batting against either short balls or lateral movement), and you have a totally one sided contest.

Just to put the series to date into perspective, England have scored 2218 runs for the loss of 41 wickets (54.1 runs per wicket), while India have scored 1461 runs for the loss of 60 wickets (24.4 runs per wicket). Scary domination...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down