The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i want to watch RTE online from the North!

5 posters

Go down

i want to watch RTE online from the North! Empty i want to watch RTE online from the North!

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:17

i am vaguely familiar with the idea of IP adresses and how there are proxy thingies and what have you and some how I can make RTE think I'm down there when I'm up here by streaming through a southern based something or other.

I just havnt had much luck, not without spending money anyway.

Is anyone on here fluent in the ways of watching foreign channels online?

maybe I should contact my local Sinn Fein representative! RTE, I'm an Irishman! (when theres a rugby match on anyway! Whistle )

Is there much liklihood of finding it on Justin TV?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

i want to watch RTE online from the North! Empty Re: i want to watch RTE online from the North!

Post by rodders Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:51

Where are you at Clive? I can pick up rte on analogue.

I think you can get it on digital freeview if you suscribe but I think most of NI should be able to pick up rte using an analogue ariel?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

i want to watch RTE online from the North! Empty Re: i want to watch RTE online from the North!

Post by Thomond Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:52

I tried sending you a PM Clive but it's stuck in the outbox,hope to get you an internet link if you're alriight with that.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:55

I'm up the north coast. my tv has freeview built in, so not sure if you can still use it in the analogue way, but i'll give it a go.

We have BT Vision, and the strange thing is occasionally it gets confused and channels one and two are RTE from time to time instead of BBC. This caused me great distress numerous times when i was looking to watch The Apprentice. On this occasion, I wouldn't mind my BT Vision doing it again!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:56

You can just watch it on the website if you're based in Ireland (32 counties Ireland)

http://www.rte.ie/live/
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:56

Thomond wrote:I tried sending you a PM Clive but it's stuck in the outbox,hope to get you an internet link if you're alriight with that.

thomand, that would be excellent, chhers mate, hope that PM makes it through! Ale

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:58

Did you check your inbox,Clive?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:58

The game is available on an Island of Ireland basis on the RTE website, so no need for streams.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 19:59

Notch wrote:You can just watch it on the website if you're based in Ireland (32 counties Ireland)

http://www.rte.ie/live/

na notch, sure currently its Holby City and it says ROI only and it won't play. I remember it being selective. Some programming is allowed, some isn't. Will the rugby be available?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:01

Thomond wrote:Did you check your inbox,Clive?

Yes Thomand thanks! Hug

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:02

Yes, scroll down. Island of Ireland. No TV stations in the UK have the rights so there is no conflict.

It may be selective depending on your ISP. I've never had a problem using the RTE player.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:02

Notch wrote:The game is available on an Island of Ireland basis on the RTE website, so no need for streams.

Yes Notch your correct! The other programmes all say ROI Only, but rugby says Ireland Only. Good Man!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:03

I'd keep the link in mind if you're looking for rugby on Sky!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:05

clivemcl wrote:
Notch wrote:The game is available on an Island of Ireland basis on the RTE website, so no need for streams.

Yes Notch your correct! The other programmes all say ROI Only, but rugby says Ireland Only. Good Man!

Good spot Notch! Happy times! Hug
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:06

Thomond wrote:I'd keep the link in mind if you're looking for rugby on Sky!

Yea! The quality is great for what it is!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 4:24

could someone message me the link? Thanks

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 4:26

You've got mail

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down