The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendlie results and implications for RWC

3 posters

Go down

Friendlie results and implications for RWC Empty Friendlie results and implications for RWC

Post by emack2 Sun 14 Aug 2011, 3:53 am

Recent results of the matches recently,discounting the Bok training runs in the first two 3Ns matches
France won,but let Ireland back due to indiscipline,Ireland have lost both matches,Scotland winning
last week. England won narrowly versus Wales last week ,a stronger England side despite dominating
lost to Wales side with 14 men for a quarter of the match,lost Gavin Henson to injury no cutting edge.
Australia lost to All Blacks and Samoa,beat a Bok side trying to play RWC style Rugby.
Samoa beat Australia,and Fiji,Fiji beat Tonga,all Blacks beat Australia and Fiji
Italy beat Japan,but had to fight all the way 4 tries to three,Japan recently won Pacific Ocean Crown
What if any thing do these matches to have shewn any light on the RWC or indications of changes
in style especially as it is in the NZ wet weather period will it make any differences? thoughts?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Friendlie results and implications for RWC Empty Re: Friendlie results and implications for RWC

Post by welshjohn369 Sun 14 Aug 2011, 5:56 am

Not sure what friendlies you are talking about. I only saw TEST matches this weekend.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Friendlie results and implications for RWC Empty Re: Friendlie results and implications for RWC

Post by Shifty Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:29 am

I don't think anything has been learnt really.

Japan need to realise it's no good having these awful lapses, Italian players scored tries with no Japanease player getting a hand on them.

Italy clearly needs more strength in depth, I never thought I'd see the day a Japanease team could scatter the Italian pack with a driving maul and score a try like that.

South Africa are putting a C side out for the most part, the World Cup will be about depth and giving players Tri Nations experience will help them in the tournament, short term pain, for long term gain.

Fiji really need a set piece, they look very weak at the moment, and poor in defense, their leaking far too many soft tries.

England have reverted to their stereotype, crash ball rugby, with no invention and a huge pack that dominates games. They have three quarters of the game but can't score points.
It's clear their back line is unbalanced and Wilko is a far better option at fly Half than Flood, simply because he keeps the score board ticking over.

New Zealand look as though their in second gear, they will peak during the World Cup, I just hope they don't burn themselves out in the pool stages like in previous years.

Australia look efficient but not dazzling, and I think if Ireland have O'Connell and O'Gara in their team for the World Cup game, they could turn them over. The Irish have a nasty and aggressive pack and I wonder if the Aussies are street wise and tough enough to deal with it.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down