The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals?

+5
Turkster
doctornickolas
PenfroPete
Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour
gavstar
9 posters

Go down

AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals? Empty AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals?

Post by gavstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

AWJ has been way off the mark for some time, 'who will replace him '? you all cry, Well we need more muscle and grunt at 4 and 5. Lets start the ball rolling Who's out there? Erm Erm

gavstar

Back to top Go down

AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals? Empty Re: AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals?

Post by Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

Alyn is an excellent player. Second row is a tough position with a lot of competition even within the Welsh squad. People are quick to criticise but I've always been impressed by him.

http://www.trevorbrennanrugbytours.com/

Back to top Go down

AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals? Empty Re: AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals?

Post by gavstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

and the competition for 4/5 is..........

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

All I'll say is we're lucky to have AWJ - and also lucky there are no Autumn Internationals this coming season, the boys would be blydi knackered after the RWC AWJ lost his mojo, who's out there for Autumn Internationals? 590675
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

sorry my mistake about the AI's, but you will see AWJ exposed at the rwc , unfortunately. start looking out there for next year now. Erm

Last edited by gavstar on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

For Argentina i would say AWJ sits this one out with Brad and Charteris playing at 4/5.

Post WC I would like to see Ian Evans at the Ospreys get a decent run together and start pushing for contention again. He's a big awkward lump at 6'8" and he was part of the 2008 GS side but has been blighted by injuries since and needs some consistent game time free of injury.

Other than than I think Lou Reed also need to up his game a bit and push on this year.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

I reckon he needs to leave the Ospreys for pastures new, he's gone downhill badly since the new coaching setup there, hope then he'll get back to his best.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

I have advocated,

4. L Charteris
5. R Jones

ever since I saw Ryan Jones have outstanding regional and international gametime at 5, IMO that he is a country mile ahead of his Os team mates AWJ or JT, and Bradley Davies it seems also has lost his mojo. Don't know why he (Gatland) doest give Ryan and Luke a start

Ian Evans doesn't seem to have put his hand up since he has come back from injury, or has he folks, haven't heard much of him performance wise?

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

AWJ was average for about 2 years but has played very well in the past two/three games. We have 3 good second rows (Davies, Charteris, Jones) with probably Ryan as back-up. Does this answer your question?
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour wrote:Alyn is an excellent player.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I was a prop and am not good enough for Wales. Secondly the topic is about Alun-Wyn Wink
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:Ian Evans doesn't seem to have put his hand up since he has come back from injury, or has he folks, haven't heard much of him performance wise?

Well he played 20 times for the Ospreys last season, 18 starts and 2 sub apprerances, and did quite well.
Sadly he did get yellow carded twice, though that was just him throwing his weight around against the Scarlets and Blues.
Though at 2.05 m (6' 9"), and 116 kg (18 st 3 lb) you would think Wales would be interested, him and Charteris would be a hell of a combo! Though if Ian has the grumps for any reason we may find ourselves down to 14 men Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

AWJ is our most consistent lock. I am glad that people don't notice him so much - he is maturing and just gets on with his game. He does a lot of the donkey work defending at breakdowns, and his goal - line defending was awesome on Saturday.

Davies & Charteris are fighting for the same shirt.

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

Ryan Jones and Ian Evans (mark2 after intense coaching ) could be a great combination. someone said why was charteris at the front of the lineout, er....to secure our very shakey ball, and on opposition lineout to make things difficult for the opposition....but our lineout coaching is poor. censored

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down