The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales team to play argentina

3 posters

Go down

Wales team to play argentina Empty Wales team to play argentina

Post by Liam Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

1. P.James
2. H.Bennett
3. A.Jones
4. L.Charteris
5. B.Davies
6. R.Jones
7. M.Williams
8. G.Delve

9.T.Knoyle
10. S.Jones
11. A.Brew
12. J.Hook
13. J.Davies
14. L.Halfpenny
15. L.Byrne

For me its time to rest players like roberts and warburton because others need game time to prove themselves. I like the look of an experienced side with adam Jones coming back in to prove his fitness. In my view Delve should be our first choice no.8 expecially after the impact he made in the super 15. Byrne back to prove he still has the quality needed for the up and coming world cup. I would only give hook 40 minutes and then bring on scott williams and that should be enought to beat the argies. If you look at the depth and high quality in our backs and also our locks and back row we really would be up there with the best. Without our first choice front row however, we are simply a 6th 7th best side in the world game. Don't know if jenkins is fit if someone has any info on him let me know

Liam

Back to top Go down

Wales team to play argentina Empty Re: Wales team to play argentina

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 16 Aug 2011, 8:41 am

martyr,

I'd be pretty happy with that but Jenkins ahs to play if fit.

Also despite him steady the ship on Saturday and playing well week before Bennett is still far to poor overall for me.

I would maybe give Hibbard a start.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:59 pm

bedfordwelsh,

I would always give hibbard a start over bennett, i'd even play myself before bennett, but hibbard i heard he's only just returned from a shoulder operation, so throwing him into a powerful puma's pack is a bit risky imo. And yes if Jenkins is fit he has to play.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by gacardiff Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:02 pm

Wales team v Argentina: Byrne, Halfpenny, Davies, Roberts, North, Hook, Knoyle, James, Hibbard, A Jones, Davies, AW Jones, Lydiate, Williams, R Jones Reps: Bennett, Bevinton, Powell, Tipuric, lloyd Williams, Stephen Jones, Brew

gacardiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down