The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam?

+9
fa0019
Jenifer McLadyboy
disneychilly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mckay1402
emack2
Boyne
beshocked
Biltong
13 posters

Go down

Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam? Empty Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam?

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:34 am

We all are aware of the toilet SA rugby is in at the moment, week by week we realise that the preparations suck. Players are rusty, out of form, seems unmotivated and I am sure the general mood in the camp is unknown. The only fortunate thing is they can only go up from there.

But to lighten my mood, I thought it would be "lekker" (nice) to look past the Puff Daady era and post RWC.

So because this is my game , I am going to select a young, hip , happening and exciting springbok team, one that will run 600 meters in a match, use angles, be unpredictable and play the rugby we haven't seen since Nick Mallet coached the team.

So I am starting with my coaches.

Head coach, Nick Mallet
Assistants, John Mitchell and Carlos Spencer.
Technical director, Rassie Erasmus.

1. Beast
2. Bismarck
3. Jannie
4. Gerhard Mostert
5. Andries Bekker
6. Heinrich Brussow
7. Jean Deysel
8. Willem Alberts
9. Francois Hougaard
10. Patrick Lambie
11. Lwasi Mvovo
12. Johann Sadie
13. Jaque Fourie
14. JP Pietersen
15. Riaan Viljoen.

16. Coenie Oosthuizen
17. Schalk Brits
18. WP Nel
19. Pierre Spies
20. Dewald duvenhage
21. Juan de Jongh
22. Gio Aplon

Whatya, think boys?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam? Empty Re: Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam?

Post by beshocked Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

How can you talk about an exciting Springbok team and not include Schalk Brits?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam? Empty Re: Whatya think of my hip, happening, exciting Bokteam?

Post by Boyne Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Ireland by 12

Whistle

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:38 am

beshocked wrote:How can you talk about an exciting Springbok team and not include Schalk Brits?

I did fix that. I forgot about him for a moment.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

Boyne wrote:Ireland by 12

Whistle
laughing Yahoo Yeah vs, Namibia!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:47 am

"Are you on de Ganja Man?de MAIN MAN is missing Peter de Villiers Coach?"

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:48 am

It was the Ganja that made me leave him out. I call it an epiphony.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:48 am

cannon fodder
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

mckay1402 wrote:cannon fodder

I assume you are talking about your team there than?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:53 am

I was answering your question Biltong. With PDV at the helm any SA team you put out is cannon fodder. it's sad to see
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

My question is about my hip, happpening NEW team , not PDV's team.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

Loving your work, biltong OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:59 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Loving your work, biltong OK

thanks, AsLongAsBut100ofus, someone has to do it, cause it doesn't seem PDV can.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

Biltong

In that case it's quality. Gutted that Lambie chose SA over the old country but he looks to be class.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

Like Mallett coaching too. Great man to have. No Jake White though?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

Have you no better tight head than Jannie?

BJ? CJ? If either could stay injury free. Have not seen much of Nel, but I hear he is good.

Viljeon ahead of Aplon?

I love the way Hugh Bladen pronounces the Dutch/Afrikaans sounding players names btw.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

Props.DuPlessis,Beast,[SteenKamp]
Hooker DuPlessis[[Rapelle]
Locks Hargeaves,Mostert[Bekker]
Loosies Burger,Alberts,Juan Smith[Broussow]
Scrum half Hougaard [Pianaar]]
Fly half Lambie or Grant[not sure who i`d start]
mid field Fourie,DeVilliers[De Jongh]
wing Habana,Mvolo [Pietersen]
Full Back Aplon[Vil joen]
Head Coach John Mitchell,[and Forwards Coach] Backs
Backs Coach Carlos Spencer
Ok so i`ve been smoking it too,BUT that would be a damned good post RWC team.
Reality is a pair of former All Blacks Coaching the Boks a big NO -NO
Truth is PDV is a political appointment,which is obvious to anyone outside SA.
Even Money Bet he reachs RWC SEMI stage he`ll be re-appointed for another period.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

Jake White was the man that started this game plan, not sure whether he has any other ideas, want to see what he does at the Brumbies first.

Jennifer McLayboy, we actually don't have anything better, I think CJ is past it, BJ Botha doesn't impress me at all, I don't know if you watched any Super15?, but Riaan viljoen has aboot like Francois Steyn, serious speed, good positional play and a very exciting player.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:20 am

Alan, the stuff you are smoking is a little too strong.

Hargreaves isn't physical enough.
I don't think burger and smith will be around for too much longer.
Grant is not young enough anymore, I beleive hougaard and Lambie can be our combination for the next 8 years at least.
I want habana to retire, he seems to have gotten a little big headed, and his performance shows because of it.

If PDV remains as coach, I WILL buy an All Black jersey.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:30 am

Hi,Biltong thats as maybe,I don`t claim to be an expert on Bok players.
But that squad would be a good sound base to build on,you need some experience.
As to the All Black shirt why not,England and Wales are using them already,
Adidas or Whoever must make a fortune out of new strip every six months or so.feel sorry for P arents with the kids pestering them for the latest new shirts.
Us old men just sit in pyjamas,teeth in a glass ,and drool at the tv being senile.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:32 am

laughing

You are in a very good mood this morning alan, what's up.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:40 am

PDV will not survive anything bar a respectable loss in the SF... even if they get there and they're blown away by NZ he'll go.

The knives are being sharpened already.

In terms of your team..rather than Mostert I reckon next season with Matfield gone, Juandre Kruger will come into his element.... easily a better prospect than Flip.

Viljoen is too old... if he was going to make it, he would have done so by now. a trim Frans Steyn is a player the next coach could build his team around.

Real question on SA replacing JDV... De Jongh is very suspect in defence, no one else really putting their hand up.

Also not convinced with Hougaard at 9. Think his service is slow and he's not an out & out 9.
I'd wish Rory Kockott gets back to form as when he was at the sharks he was awesome for a season or 2.

Good team though... its always difficult to find out who is being carried by senior players, who is a real prospect etc.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:46 am

That's why in place of de Jongh i have Johann Sadie.

I agree on Frans Steyn, but I get the impression he has a bit of an attitude problem.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:47 am

biltongbek wrote:Jake White was the man that started this game plan, not sure whether he has any other ideas, want to see what he does at the Brumbies first.

Jennifer McLayboy, we actually don't have anything better, I think CJ is past it, BJ Botha doesn't impress me at all, I don't know if you watched any Super15?, but Riaan viljoen has aboot like Francois Steyn, serious speed, good positional play and a very exciting player.

Yeah I do watch a fair bit of S15. No expert on the Boks though. I just thought Aplon is A/ Young and B? Ahead of Viljoen at the moment.

CJ has not had a great time since the last RWC (And believe me I am acutely aware of this, having seen him at close range for the last few years at Leinster) BJ is solid enough but not world class, then again neither is Jannie!

Boks are famous for their props, but it looks like it could be an area of "relative" weakness for them if Jannie is the top of the tree.

I am not saying he is rubbish at all, just not at the top level internationally in the SH

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Did a major thesis on Bok Rugby took best part of two days to collate data,
all evening to write down.intera ction between Bok and AB over the years.
all from a historical viewpoint not as a fan.
Then bang down the cyber gurgler just vanished,having another go over next couple of days,checking notes,recollating.
Hence my post about the penguins early this morning totally p****o**
trieng to stay cheerful

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Yeah, we haven't had a decent tight head for some time now.

I can't remember but didn't Adrian Garvey play tighthead for us.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

emack... enter pick & go rugby into any search engine... you'll find the results of every test match played by tier 1 nations there. Very useful.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

biltongbek

Wasn't Garvey Zimbabwean?

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

Yes, he was born there.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Yeah pick and go rugbys my fave for results and stats.
Has a nice easy filter and world cup scenario builder so you can see who might play who.
Espn rugby has a more comprehensive one and goes down to individuals but can be complex.
Hi ya biltong. Cant really see mitchell being assistant to anyone. Good team though. One for next year when the decks are cleared.
Ive a feeling next 3 years are going to see a lot of young 3N rugby with oz already there and heaps of abs/ boks retiring to NH rugby.
Post GH will be tough. Not a lot banging on the door coach wise. No one really stands out or inspires.
One day id like to see a 87 based coaching line up but jk seems the only one coaching at mo.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 16 Aug 2011, 5:11 pm

What does a technical director do?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 5:17 pm

trains the real boks in a 'secret' location whilst the fake ones take a pounding from other nations in preparation for their shock & awe RWC defence Wink.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 16 Aug 2011, 5:18 pm

Taylorman wrote:Yeah pick and go rugbys my fave for results and stats.
Has a nice easy filter and world cup scenario builder so you can see who might play who.
Espn rugby has a more comprehensive one and goes down to individuals but can be complex.
Hi ya biltong. Cant really see mitchell being assistant to anyone. Good team though. One for next year when the decks are cleared.
Ive a feeling next 3 years are going to see a lot of young 3N rugby with oz already there and heaps of abs/ boks retiring to NH rugby.
Post GH will be tough. Not a lot banging on the door coach wise. No one really stands out or inspires.
One day id like to see a 87 based coaching line up but jk seems the only one coaching at mo.

Martin Johnson might be free soon and he spent a while there if you're interested?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Biltong, just seen the team named, this is actually a bloody good forward pack and backline. Big IF is can Steyn, given front foot ball, resist the urge to find snow in PE's upper atmosphere and actually use the backline he's got? Exciting to see Lambie at fullback. makes me half wonder if it's a ploy they're using naming Steyn at 10 and Lambie at 15 - half expect to see them swap roles.

South Africa: Patrick Lambie, JP Pietersen, Jaque Fourie, Jean de Villiers, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Fourie du Preez, Pierre Spies, Willem Alberts, Heinrich Brussow, Victor Matfield (capt), Bakkies Botha, Jannie du Plessis, Bismarck du Plessis, Gurthro Steenkamp. Reserves: John Smit, Tendai Mtawarira, CJ van der Linde, Danie Rossouw, Ashley Johnson, Francois Hougaard, Butch James

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5457102/Springboks-make-changes-for-All-Blacks-test

Tight Five can bring Spies into the game with assertiveness at the set piece (a better effort than last week's 55 min performance at the scrum), Broussouw will be all over the pill like a rash so ball supply should be enough to warrant an attacking mindset from Steyn if they can inject a bit of pace into proceedings....if Lambie is at 10 then I am sure that we could be looking at a brighter, exciting South African future....

I CANNOT wait for this.

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:51 pm

Chewed mintie, I am still concerned with the amount of ball Steyn kicks away, but you are right if they do switch Lambie to flyhalf in attack we might see some enterprising play
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:53 am

Yes good backline- I'd have had Aplon 15 and Lambie 10 though.
This team worries more than any Ive seen this year. Just depends on their fitness. One weeks not a lot to change that tired looking lot from last week.

Our backline is also big on the pace side- good mixture of speed and size.

Gonna be a ripper...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down