The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan?

+2
GSC
Crimey
6 posters

Go down

Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan? Empty Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan?

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:07 pm

Arsenal have sold Ivory Coast utility player Emmanuel Eboue to Galatasaray for a fee of around £3m. The Turkish club announced the deal on Tuesday, adding that the 28-year-old has signed a four-year contract. Eboue made 214 appearances for the Londoners but was not handed a squad number ahead of the new season.

"Everyone at Arsenal thanks Manu for his contribution and wishes him the best of luck," read a statement on Arsenal's official website. Galatasaray are not in Europe this year after finishing eighth last season, 36 points behind champions Fenerbahce.

Eboue, who joined Arsenal from Belgian club Beveren in 2005, must wait for his debut with the start of the Turkish season put back to 9 September because of an investigation into match-fixing allegations. Arsenal sold Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona in a deal worth a potential £35m to the Gunners on Monday, while there is a chance fellow midfielder Samir Nasri could join Manchester City.

Meanwhile, Arsenal have announced that Carlos Vela will spend this season on loan in Spain at Real Sociedad - subject to a medical. The Mexican forward played 13 times for the Gunners last season, but also spent time with West Brom on loan from January.

Was he important enough to warrant a replacement? Just doesn't seem like a good time to be Arsenal fan, he might not be a brilliant player, but without any significant transfers into the club for the first team, bar Gervinho, and with the end of the transfer window looming close, it must be a worrying time to be an Arsenal fan.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan? Empty Re: Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan?

Post by GSC Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:13 pm

Eboue has never been good enough. Like Bendtner, he was dead weight.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan? Empty Re: Emmanuel Eboue sold to Galatasary, Vela moving on loan?

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Eboue has never been good enough. Like Bendtner, he was dead weight.

But surely the idea would be to get rid of the dead weight and replace him with a higher quality player, which there doesn't seem to be any plans to do that. Wouldn't even Eboue be better than nobody?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:17 pm

Might as well cash in on a reserve player while he has value. I doubt Eboue would've featured much either way.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

Eboue was one of the few players for whom I had a genuine distaste -- his manner irked me a lot, perhaps unreasonably so.

Anyway... I don't think Arsenal will miss him in terms of his ability, but in terms of being a body to fill spaces where required they might.

I'm sure Wenger has a plan formed and has targets lined up to come in -- but he needs to make sure he gets them because the top 4 isn't going to be easily attained this year.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:26 pm

Eboue wasn't good at all, won't be missed but he will be missed around the Arsenal dressing room.

Great character, but another one leaving the Arsenal demise yes!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

this what irks me, people last said bendtner , eboue, cesc vela should be sold cos they don't want to be there and now their being/been sold, we're in a "crisis"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

Arsenal need to sign players now. Fabregas gone, Eboue gone, Nasri going, Wilshere injured (no info on when he is due back), Diaby injured back in September we are told but not sure how good he is anyway can be either excellent or rubbish. Bendtner and Vela probably going. If Djourou and Gibbs now have hamstring injuries they are going to be out for at least a couple of weeks. Rosicky is not good enough and the jury is out on Arshavin and Chamakh who I think still have potential if playing in the right formation. Therefore overall the situation looks bleak. Don't think we can change much for away leg at Udinese. However surely the squad needs some more experienced and quality players in before our next two PL games against Liverpool and Manchester United.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:02 pm

Forgot Gervinho suspended for 3 next three PL games and probably Song as well. New experienced faces are needed now to bolster the squad and give Arsenal a chance of at least contending for a CL spot this season.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

I think people are a bit harsh on Eboue, I was never his biggest fan but think Wenger messed him around when he tried turning a pretty good RB into a RM/RW and instead Eboue lost his defensive positioning skills and never really had the pace to trouble down the flank.
Still he was a good squad player who could play in 2 different positions and would also allow us to bring off someone like Walcott and put the most defensive Eboue on to change our tactics and by more defensive.

Like above I'm worried that we had little strength in depth last season and now we've sold a lot more than we've bought. If Sagna gets injured we've only got our new signing Jenkinson to cover. If Gibbs (very injury prone) gets injured we've only got Vermaelen (out best CB) or Traore (also injury prone, not proven) to cover. If Song gets injured we've got Wilshire (not really a DM) or Diaby (not really a DM) to cover or Eastmond (not proven).

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down