The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embrace the Change

3 posters

Go down

Embrace the Change Empty Embrace the Change

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 17 Aug 2011, 12:16 pm

Bonjourno!

Sky have bought the rights to F1. No petition or Concorde Agreement is going to change the fact that Sky have it. It happened in football when they jumped on the money boat Premier League back in 1992 and look where that is now. Full of money obsessed idiots rolling around on the floor because their wallets are too fat.

Fortunately the top F1 stars are already raking in the cash so the extra cash plus they have common sense not to bring their wallets out in the car as extra weight means extra fuel and slower lap times. They are a switched on group of guys.

What’s my point?

I hear a lot of people bleating that they can’t afford Sky let alone Sky Sports. They are whining that the remaining races broadcast on Sky are not shown on the BBC it will cost them roughly £45 each because of the subscription costs. Hefty price I agree. Then they say there will be adverts during the race are the latest rumour bounding round. This is Sky not ITV. Their dedication to live sport is second to none.

That’s fine, but please, football fans have found that the beauty of Match of the day and Radio 5 lives expert sport coverage have plugged the gap for many years of Sky dominated coverage. The BBC get the FA Cup matches live and people are happy. Sure they would like to watch more football, but they can get by with what they have got.

F1 fans I say if football fans can survive then so can you.

Let’s be positive for a minute. If you have got Sky this is going to be a golden age of F1 coverage. Everything the BBC has achieved has been great. The Sky treatment is going to be stunning. HD coverage, 3D coverage, Race Replays, interactive services during the race, build up during the week on Sky Sports news and other Sky channels. Plus coverage online, mobile and tablet devices, through Sky Go.

I personally can’t wait for Sky to take over. I can watch it anywhere I can get internet service, on a beach, in the bath, or even at the race track trying to look for me, Alessandro Ciambella, in the spectators stand!

The BBC gets the final race, Monaco GP, British GP and the run in. It’s not all doom and gloom.

Let’s celebrate the fact that Sky is going to add to the drama of our sport with their comprehensive coverage to all things sport!

Forza Sky!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Embrace the Change Empty Re: Embrace the Change

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 17 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

A quote from the Sky Statement: -

"Subscribers are in for a real treat as Sky Sports gets ready to show every second of every race, qualifier and practice session."

Sounds like its not going to be PPV races and no commercials! Sky will not let us down!

the whole statement is here: -

http://corporate.sky.com/skyviews/sky_sports_hd/f1_sky_sports
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

Bonjourno!

As a sky sports subscriber I am looking forward to F1 getting the full treatment. But I can understand the anger of those who don't have sky sports and will have to pay extra.

But the best things in life aren't free and I'm sure Sky will put on a great show.

Forza YI!

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

The problem is for me at least is that ill be paying 40 a month to watch one sport which is on every other week on average

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

Wow!! What an article from Alessandro. We've found common ground.

I understand peoples frustrations with the SKY deal but if I owned SKY, I would make sure I had the rights to every single sport on earth.

I will miss Coulthard and Brundles commentary though and Eddies jibes. Good riddance to Jake Humphries Very Happy

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down