The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nalbandians serve

4 posters

Go down

Nalbandians serve Empty Nalbandians serve

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

Does anyone have a less effective serve in the top 100 than this guy? Murray had break points in practically every game. Nalbandian is the Dementieva of the mens game, should've won a few slams but the serve was always a massive letdown. Nalbandian - you should only serve under-arm from now on!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Nalbandians serve Empty Re: Nalbandians serve

Post by time please Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

One could say the same about Murray a lot of the time! Wink

Don't think Nalby's injuries have helped his serve at all - when the legs are tired, the serve is often the first thing to go.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:24 pm

I've never laughed so much at the number of break points Murray was given from the argie out there, 3 or 4 games sure... but it must've been atleast 8 service games Murray had the chance to break his serve 🤦
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:34 pm

was out to supper, so only watched Nalby break Andy in first game. Scoreline shows it was one way traffic.

Crying or Very sad Dave, but clap Andy, hopefully this is the beginning of a great run!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:00 pm

Andy didn't look all that great for the first set either. Cincy is a very fast hardcourt to, probably the faster than the USO. It was an odd match for sure, two guys who are not overwhelming on the serve playing each other. While both player are excellent returners so that should be taken into consideration. Roger very impressive in opener, Andy not as much.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:03 pm

I think when he was in his prime, his serve was solid, not a powerful weapon but very accurate, a bit like Borg's. Right now he looks as if he's a semi-retired player, I hope he can prove me wrong..
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 2:31 am

Andy has always had a weak second serve Jeremy and I think when he gets in trouble is when his first serve percentage starts to dip. His form hasn't been great so far this hardcourt season. But I actually have a lot of faith in Andy, I really see him being the biggest threat to Djoko in the next 2 to 3 years. I just wish that he would really get a strong disciplinarian coach, listen to him, and stop playing and acting negatively on the court.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:08 am

socal1976 wrote:I just wish that he would really get a strong disciplinarian coach, listen to him, and stop playing and acting negatively on the court.

He has got to really want to himself for this to happen, I think. So many pundits and experts have been begging him to address this area of his game. Federer made that speech about how he, himself didn't realise success until he learned to control his negative emotions on court..........but Andy is either not bright enough (unlikely - he has a pretty sharp sense of humour) or just doesn't want it so badly that he can give up some of the negative behaviour.

It is very, very frustrating but I am not sure who he would listen to. Peter Fleming rolled his eyes about the coaching situation as far away as late last year when asked if Andy needed a coach - his reply 'if he is going to listen to them'.

I honestly think a lot of problems on the serve (he has a good one, after all) would be eradicated if he would enlist the services of a sports pscyhologist, or a coach who was able to get through between the ears, to give him strategies to cope when confidence gets a little shaky.

I know I keep saying the same things, but it is so furious to see him, at best stagnating, but I feel maybe going backwards a step or two.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:54 pm

Well timeplease I am optimistic. He is never going to get back some of the years and opportunities he has squandered. But I still feel that he will get better than what we are seeing and will find away to get a grandslam or two. But with the game he has and the ability he should already be there. To me he needs a really great player with a big rep, he should have jumped on the chance to have lendl coach him. Someone, who doesn't need Andy as much as Andy needs him. Someone whose pedigree and exeprience demands that Andy execute what he is talking about.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 18 Aug 2011, 7:08 pm

socal1976 wrote:Andy has always had a weak second serve Jeremy and I think when he gets in trouble is when his first serve percentage starts to dip. His form hasn't been great so far this hardcourt season. But I actually have a lot of faith in Andy, I really see him being the biggest threat to Djoko in the next 2 to 3 years. I just wish that he would really get a strong disciplinarian coach, listen to him, and stop playing and acting negatively on the court.

Soc I was talking about the Nalby serve here. \regarding \murray \i'd rather say the exact opposite, he's got extra power but lacks accuracy and consistency. Also his second is really little more than getting the ball in play
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down