The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stade de Gaelique

5 posters

Go down

Stade de Gaelique Empty Stade de Gaelique

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:26 am

Came across this story while browsing HS- http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=153277

Most probably just paper talk but if it is true then its a bloody Poopie idea. Hasn't dubland got enough drug-dens? It does however raise the subject of stadium redevelpment. Along with developing hurling in weaker counties I'd like the GAA to invest in a bit of revamping for some of the worst grounds in the country rather than building a new one in the capital. As a Royal I'd love to see a modernisation of Pairc Tailteann, the pitch seems fine but the stands and the grass bits needs a lot of work. It'd be great to see PT as a neutral championship venue. Brand spanking new pairc ui choamh, semple and gaelic grounds would be good for the munster hurling too and decent grounds for smaller teams like Louth. The capacity should be realistic also so we don't end up with a bunch of redevelpoed white elephants.

A lot of grounds need more than a lick of paint, so what would you say is the worst venue in the country and if the GAA has money to burn on a project like this what would you like to see happening with the stadiums?
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Stade de Gaelique Empty Re: Stade de Gaelique

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 18 Aug 2011, 5:40 am

I would like to see all the ground's mentioned redeveloped and a new stadium built because the g.a.a are loaded and can easily afford both. The hurling in weaker counties should also be addressed, I don't know how you promote something that there is no interest in but im sure they can work something out, maybe entice them with free turf or sheep if they are from the country.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Thu 18 Aug 2011, 7:27 am

The last thing Ireland or Dublin need is a new stadium. Redevelopment of all our stadiums is the way to go as half of them are falling down. I like the idea of Paric Tailteann being redeveloped, given the name and its association with the ancient Tailteann Games.

Forget about promoting hurling in counties and putting money into a black hole. Instead put the money in strengthening hurling in the counties where it is actually played.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:36 am

[quote="bluemoda"]The last thing Ireland or Dublin need is a new stadium. Redevelopment of all our stadiums is the way to go as half of them are falling down. I like the idea of Paric Tailteann being redeveloped, given the name and its association with the ancient Tailteann Games.

Forget about promoting hurling in counties and putting money into a black hole. Instead put the money in strengthening hurling in the counties where it is actually played.[/quote]

100% argee the counties who are not as competitive in the Liam McCarthy and at the higher end of the Cristy Ring should be the ones most incouraged and given funding. The G.A.A. needs to work from the top down when it comes to this and needs to start now before another generation of youngsters is lost to other sports.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:05 am

Not really convinced we need a new stadium dublfcynwa, parnell could have an upgraded capacity to accomodate fixtures with crowds bigger than its current capacity but still no where near filling croker, for 30k, 40K attendances e.t.c.

For hurling the GAA definately needs to put in more effort. They've ploughed tons into Dublin and there could be a potential in any county with a reasonable population for both codes. To promote small ball they could take lessons from how other sports make an impact outside there trad niche, like the NFL in the UK & Germany, rugby and how soccer exploded in the USA. We can try and hold big hurling games in neutral venue's in football counties, improve the exposure to hurling in the school curriculum and introduce a secondary championship for lesser-only counties.

Bluemoda is right though, for the game to spread elsewhere we need hurling to remain strong in in its own traditional heartland. New modern looking stadiums will be great for both codes.

(BTW moda I PM'd you yesterday)
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

The g.a.a have enough money to do both, yes the revamping of theese ground's that have been mentioned should be a priority I totally agree with that and I don't think this new ground will happen anyway.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

When the 60 million is spent on casement it will leave only brewster and ballybofey as s.... holes.
Seems Ulster is leading the way again.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down