The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton

+2
Grizzly
sodhat
6 posters

Go down

Everton Empty Everton

Post by sodhat Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:19 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14570624.stm

I hadn't realised that Everton haven't signed a single player this summer, barring a loan signing of Eric Dier.

Just how frustrating must this be for Everton and their fans? They are a solid PL club, generally occupying the top half of the table, and yet they still can't find the money to bring anyone in. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but surely there must be some money somewhere they could invest? An example would be teams like Stoke or Fulham -- no mega rich owner, but able to buy and sell based on continuing income from being a PL side, with good crowd numbers...where does Everton's money go?!

I am willing to be taken to task here if there is anyone that knows more on the subject -- just strikes me as odd that they have zero transfer activity!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Everton Empty Re: Everton

Post by Grizzly Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Good spot.
I must admit I actually applaud them - Moyes clearly thinks he has a squad that us able to compete, his biggest challenge is keeping hold of his stars because there are plenty of depserate clubs out there who will pay the money to lure the likes of Jagielka, Arteta etc.
Despite being an Arsenal fan and a big fan of Jagielka, I kind of hope Moyes strategy works but this sport keeps confirming that money talks....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:29 pm

All there money goes on day to day running and repaying debt they already owe.

It must be frustrating being an Everton fan at the moment but at least they havent lost any of there key players.

In my work, you can actually get Everton tickets cheaper cos there is a deal going round where you can buy them in bulk. Tickets to Stoke are going for £15!!! Thats good for a Prem game.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Just read on the BBC that Bill kenwirght has said they can't buy players cause they can't borrow money from the bank.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:27 pm

I wonder if a ground share might be a decent idea for Everton and Liverpool.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I wonder if a ground share might be a decent idea for Everton and Liverpool.

Laugh Next.......

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I wonder if a ground share might be a decent idea for Everton and Liverpool.

it's a possibility but unlikely i'm afraid

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down