The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots?

+6
golfermartin
oldshanker
1GrumpyGolfer
Maverick
MustPuttBetter
Mercurio
10 posters

Go down

Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots?

Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_lcap31%Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]
Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_lcap28%Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 8 ]
Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_lcap24%Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_lcap0%Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_lcap17%Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 29

Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Empty Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots?

Post by Mercurio Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

Following the thread on pre-shot routines, I got wondering what everyone else does as far as practice swings are concerned.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Empty Re: Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots?

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

I've gone for 2 as that's probably on average correct, but if i need more to 'feel right' i will take more
I'm interested that the most popular so far is none
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots? Empty Re: Practice swings - How many do you take for full shots?

Post by Maverick Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

Always 1 never more, never make a shot without one. Chipping though a few till it feels comfy

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:43 pm

I've gone for as many as is feels right. Sometimes that's 1. Other times two or three where repeating the practice swing would have caused a chunk or thin. It also depends on the lie, if its above or below my feet I want to feel comfortable that I am set up in the right place.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:28 pm

1 for everything from driver to 12 iron (although occasionally none). Trying to keep it to one with the flat stick, but the temptation is to swish it 3-4 times!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

On full shots none, but on "feel" shots probably 2 not absolutely sure?

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

Never take a full practice swing, just waggle the club to get the feel of it, then set myself up and hit it.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:I've gone for as many as is feels right. Sometimes that's 1. Other times two or three where repeating the practice swing would have caused a chunk or thin. It also depends on the lie, if its above or below my feet I want to feel comfortable that I am set up in the right place.
Exactly

Would usually start off with two, plus however many I need to feel good on the shot. If I play OK for the first few holes it drops to one plus the extras.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

Generally it's none for me on full shots although as others have said, I tend to take a couple/few when chipping.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:30 am

I always have a hard time finding the right distance from my feet to the ball, so I tend to make many practice swings.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down