The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers 24-14 Eagles

5 posters

Go down

Steelers 24-14 Eagles Empty Steelers 24-14 Eagles

Post by Grizzly Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 pm

I've never placed a great deal on pre-season games but with the formation of the 'dream-team' I think everyone is keen to see how the Eagles gel.
This wasn't a game played between 3rd string players, and it's interesting that Vick was picked off 3 times and went 5/12, VY was also picked off once in a 4 turnover performance.
Big Ben played 2 series and drove the Steelers to 2 TDs.
The form can't be taken literally but would this worry any Eagles fans ?

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Steelers 24-14 Eagles Empty Re: Steelers 24-14 Eagles

Post by Pr4wn Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:26 pm

The limited time these guys get together in training camp could really show in the early part of the season.

The same goes for my Bucs. We got hammered by the Patriots last night and our offensive line totally caved.

There's gonna be a lot of penalties in the early part of the season.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Good call on pens, I think the Steelers were called for 9, Steelers O-line still has the same old problems allowing 3 sacks.

I'd be more worried about your D-line mate, giving up 200 yards on the ground to a non-running team would be a worry.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Vick looked just as bad a year in Cincy, I'm not worried in the slightest. I mean Rex Grossman took that defense apart a week ago, and nobody's crowning the Skins.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Apparantly we're 6-26 in our last 32 road preseason games O_O
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 pm

GSC - I agree, but the record books will probably show Eagles to have played 3rd choice starters in those games, the fact so many starters played large chunks of the game tells me they're a few sessions short of being on the same page

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Does still emphasize just how vanilla the Eagles keep their plans in preseason.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Grizzly wrote:I'd be more worried about your D-line mate, giving up 200 yards on the ground to a non-running team would be a worry.
Our OL was dominant last night, especially in the run game. Rookie Nate Solder looks much better than I expected him to be so early on, he’s got obvious flaws in his game when it comes to pass protection, plays too upright, gets off balance, over commits and gives up the angle inside but his run blocking is very good. Logan Mankins is top 5 at his position IMO and Sebastian Vollmer is a top 3 RT. Dan Koppen and Dan Connolly are both better than given credit for. Overall I expect them to have a good year.

Not sure why the TB OL was so bad, I’d like to think it was all down to us but I doubt it. Jeff Faine vs. Vince Wilfork without help is a mismatch. Andre Carter first abused Donald Penn then James Lee. One play in particular, where Penn got turned around and then tried to block Carter with his backside, made me lolz. Ted Larsen took a beating from the interior as well. I really like the potential of this defense if we can get Albert Haynesworth on the field as well. Him and Wilfork in the middle of a 4 man line with pressure coming off the ends in the shape of Carter and Jermaine Cunningham makes me Smile .

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 am

Penn wasn't terrible but lee really was awful. Larsen got shredded too.

I really hope it was a blip. We're a better team than last night's performance showed.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 am

Normally I don't pay much attention to preseason -- I mean, historically, when the Cards have gone 4-0 in the preseason, we have been almost guaranteed to go 4-12 in the regular season. This year, with a truncated off-season, it's all up in the air. I think, rightly or wrongly, people are putting more emphasis on preseason and there are some legitimate concerns because teams have such a limited time to integrate their rookies and FAs and gel, and bad preseason performances will create a certain amount of uncertainty and angst amongst the faithful -- the real concern will be if there are recurring issues that continue to surface in the final 2 preseason games.

That being said -- Vick was awful, but I think he'll be fine.

I also think you should expect a lot of penalties in the early games of the season.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 am

Pr4wn wrote:Penn wasn't terrible but lee really was awful. Larsen got shredded too.

I really hope it was a blip. We're a better team than last night's performance showed.
Penn was pretty bad last night:
TB first possession-beaten on 3rd down by Carter-Freeman pass incomplete,
TB second possession-beaten by Carter who almost recorded a sack-Freeman pass incomplete,
TB third possession-beaten by Carter-attempts to block with backside- laughing,
and that's just what stood out when watching the game.
Steelers 24-14 Eagles Tumblr_lq5gbjjzhl1qjqzt1

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down