The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers)

+3
HitmanOwl
sodhat
Holymiky
7 posters

Go down

Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers) Empty Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers)

Post by Holymiky Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

Hey guys,

I know that some people are critical of WWE's approach when it comes to building feuds and in some cases I agree with those people. Mark Henry has been built up as an absolute monster for weeks and i thought it would end at Summerslam but obviously i was wrong! Anyways I watched smackdown this morning on YouTube because I don't have sky and it made me see something. That something was the ending of building someone up as a genuine contender to the WHC in Mark Henry. The last few months have been based around Orton vs Christian and whilst they had amazing matches it needed to be shaken up a bit and I'm glad they have done that.

In fairness I can't see Mark Henry winning the title though but I think it would be interesting if he did!

What do you people think?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers) Empty Re: Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers)

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

It's good for Henry, but we've been here before. I don't think he'll win the title and I imagine he'll be weakened by clean wins from Orton.

It's happening frequently -- a good two months, then a title shot...then nothing!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers) Empty Re: Current WHC Situation (Contains Smackdown Spoilers)

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

I'm fully behind Mark Henry. A guy that size and dominant should be chasing belts and destroying people. If he doesn't win the strap its a complete joke.

Mark Henry would hurt Orton in 'real life' so he should be beating him here.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

Henrys the best he's looked his whole career. This is the only time i've genuinely thought the E will put the belt on him.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

I can honestly see Henry winning, the problem is hell in a cell is coming up soon, so maybe they will want a different fued for that. To give Henry credit hes got in the best shape hes ever been, and he seems better on the mic, shocked his run has been this long, credit to the writers for that.

I think the WHC destination, will be decided when Undertaker decides hes bored of just banging Michelle all day. And which show he returns to, what with his new look and all.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:I can honestly see Henry winning, the problem is hell in a cell is coming up soon, so maybe they will want a different fued for that. To give Henry credit hes got in the best shape hes ever been, and he seems better on the mic, shocked his run has been this long, credit to the writers for that.

I think the WHC destination, will be decided when Undertaker decides hes bored of just banging Michelle all day. And which show he returns to, what with his new look and all.

Supposedly back in October...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

Orton will bury Henry within 4 weeks and hopefully they step up Wade Barratt

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

I'm slightly dissapointed as they have built Mark Henry up excellently, he looks a real monster, but now he's going to be fed to Randy Orton who simply doesn't need the push from beating him, it would have made so much more sense to have Sheamus continue to feud with him, especially after Henry didn't even get a clean win and give Sheamus a big face push, which he needs. They should have had The Miz move to Smackdown and feud with Orton while Sheamus and Mark Henry continued to feud.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

I think that the best feuds always involve the heel winning at some point. it doesn't have to be the cleanest win, but a win is always a good thing in my opinion.

They could do it in such a way that Orton wouldn't look weak either. If Mark WSS'd him outside the ring (say on the entrance ramp) and the ref stopped the bout it would be a great way to sell Orton being injured. Then, if he won in HIAC with an injury it would make the pop even bigger.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down