The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts

+5
sodhat
Josiah Maiestas
randy-poffo
JDandfries
dyrewolfe
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts - Page 2 Empty Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I hesitate to write this post, as any praise I heap on them invariably jinxes them.

However, after last night's result away at Barnsley (an emphatic 3-1 victory in which we scored ALL the goals) Boro are now 4 games unbeaten this season, including a 3-0 win at Wallsall in the Carling Cup.

Marvin Emnes has got off to a flier with 6 goals in our 4 games so far (scored a hat-trick against Walsall).

Also currently 4th in the Championship, behind Southampton, Brighton and Derby. If we're in the same place come May, I'll be very happy. Yahoo

Long Live Tony Mowbray and Long Live the Riverside Revolution!

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts - Page 2 Empty Re: Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm

BORO 0 - 2 CARDIFF
HULL 2 - 1 BORO

Well, I've gone and re-named the thread now that Boro's season is all but over, following a pointless Easter which has seen us slip to 8th place after 2 successive defeats. True, we're only 2 points off 6th, but with our current form, it may as well be 20.

Taking on Cardiff at home was never going to be easy, but both teams' respective forms pointed to a draw, which most of us would have taken. However, the game was all over long before half time as the Bluebirds scored 2 goals in 8 minutes, the first from a corner...YET AGAIN! The second a simple tap in after our defence went AWOL. Malky Mackay seemed content to sit back on the lead as Cardiff simply snuffed out the little attacking threat Boro offered. The second half saw a much improved display from the home side, McDonald, Robson, Hammill and Jutkiewicz all coming close to getting Boro back in the game, but that was as good as it got.

Things could only get better from there and from the off, Boro looked really up for it at Hull. This promising start was converted into a lead by Marvin Emnes and the visitors looked by far the better team, creating numerous chances to extend their lead, but failing to add to their tally. This was to cost them dear as a complete role reversal took place in the second half, after King equalised for the home side, just before the hour mark. Boro returned to being the jittery, mistake-prone team they have been so often, while Hull went through the gears, applying some serious pressure, culminating in a winner scored by Fryatt with 2 minutes of normal time left.

With away games at Derby and Watford and a home tie with Southampton, chances to score any more points are looking very limited. Even our home game with Doncaster is no guarantee of 3 points.

From now on, I'm just looking to next season and seeing how Mowbray changes the squad for a proper promotion push.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts - Page 2 Empty Re: Middlesbrough - Progress Of Sorts

Post by racingnut Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm

The inability to finish teams off when we have dominated and the total ineptitude of home performances has come back to haunt us.Sitting pretty at the halfway stage of the season,45 points and second in the table,playoffs should have been a formality but for whatever reason we just couldnt get it done.Been a regular since 73,seen some good,bad and downright dross served up on many occasions but have to say that the three home affairs against Bristol City,Cardiff and Doncaster rank right up there with the very worst.Any win would have done,win ugly,win lucky, it didnt matter how,just win,couldnt do it.Its easy to say that Boro over achieved in getting so close,that they werent expected to go so well for so long but when that opportunity arises you have to grasp it,you have to get out of this division first chance you get.What does the future hold? With well publicized financial constraints the outlook is far from rosy,players on the last of the big money contracts will be put in the shop window and with the Colossus that is Steve Gibson finally admitting defeat in his single handed bankrolling of the club then the skies are very threatening over the Riverside.Whilst it isnt as bad as the run up to the Spirit of 86 and all that, i do see a term of struggle,of a team of youngsters with the odd older head to guide them.A mirror image of Riochs babes if you like,of which Mogger himself was a massive part.Maybe we'll suprise a few again,play with no fear,push it all the way but hand on heart i thought we had to get out this year,this was our big chance,we blew it and unless im way off the mark i see Boro going nowhere for the next handful of seasons.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Any Boro fans still on here? If so what's the latest on Stephen McManus, I'm hearing he's going to get freed to sign for Hibs, heard anything your end?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi Gaffer. Bit of a late reply, but from what I've read on the oneboro forum, McManus is likely to make a permanent switch to Bristol City in the near future.

As of now though, he is still listed in the senior squad on the official MFC website.

MFC Senior Squad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2