The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NORTHERN LOVE!!

+3
TycroesOsprey
flankertye
Countnefarious
7 posters

Go down

NORTHERN LOVE!! Empty NORTHERN LOVE!!

Post by Countnefarious Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

As the WC looms ever closer, and we, the British and Irish fans, sweat ever harder at the prospect of public humiliation on the world stage, I have begun to feel a strange sense of community with those of you who would normally be deemed "the enemy." Perhaps it is nothing more than the terrified flailing hands of a man on the edge of a cliff, grasping at his neighbors as his balance fails so that he might drag them down with him and not meet his abrupt ending alone, but I really do genuinely want you all to do well.

The giants of the Southern hemisphere look more blood thirsty and competent than ever. Even the seemingly neutered South African threat scares me since their recent run of poor results seems to me to be more an indication of the imperious form of the antipodean sides than any true indication that the Boks won't be a threat. A neutered Bok is a dangerous . . . . . . actually that doesn't really work, but you get the point I was trying to make.

Much like the X-Men have, on occasion, been forced to join forces with their sworn enemy Magneto in order to battle a common threat of enormous power, I feel an uncanny and alien sense of kinship with the Celtic nations as we head south of the equator to face our common enemy. I find myself empathising and connecting with you all. Let's not make any bones about it: I do not like this southern hemisphere dominance, and the better we all do, the better we all look in the eyes of the laughing South.

Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and, to a far lesser extent, France: I will be supporting you with the intensity of a post-Vegas stag night rash that has just developed in a marriage ending area of the male anatomy. I will be cursing every side to play against you and praising every point you score against them. I will be swearing at every bad call that hurts you and cheering those that work in your favor. I will be depriving myself of sleep in order to catch every game live so that you may benefit from my formidable and bountiful positive vibes!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL angel heart . . . except Scotland who I have just realised are in our pool and I now hate. mad

Countnefarious

Back to top Go down

NORTHERN LOVE!! Empty Re: NORTHERN LOVE!!

Post by flankertye Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:00 am

Damm scots! They ruined scotland!

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:06 am

honestly, mate sorry but I just cant bring myself to do it. yes Im supporting scotland in your group, or Argentina, Romania, I even had an uncle George so I have an affinity with Georgia.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Countnefarious Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:10 am

I see.

Countnefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:50 am

Well, I suppose there is nothing left to do but to call to arms the Tri Nation countries in all their might, draw Argentina in as a surprise, and use the Pacifi Island nations to soften the soft white bellies of the northern enemy, and invite Namibia to provide the reprieve you would so desperately need.

Talking like this reminds me of age old rivalries.

The American confederation vs the South
Northern Transvaal vs Western Province

So I look forward to the north vs South battles to commence

May the best team win( as long as they come from the south)
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:10 am

The teams or the players ? England is Shocked full of double agents !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

Yeah, did you think those double agents were there for their pleasure?

We have successfully infitrated enemy lines and Martin Johnson is none the wiser
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:27 am

Well I'll obviously pick the 6 Nations sides ahead of the others. and Japan simply for the effort they give to the game. Though hopefully we will be able to enjoy some good rugby, as neutrals also Smile.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:09 am

Well NZ now sort of considers itself more of an Asia Pacific country having started to unshackle itself from mother England.

So I'm supporting all countries loosely connected with Asia and the Pacific.
I understand the rugby is more of a Western Canada and Western USA game so I'll take them too.

Not allowed to support Japan though because they raped and pillaged my home country (China) and my mum would come back and haunt the s**t out of me if I did.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down