The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary

+12
MBTGOG
RubyGuby
valjester
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Sin é
Feagh McHugh
eirebilly
Feckless Rogue
Thomond
krusty
Tayto
C'mon You Irish
16 posters

Go down

Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary Empty Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm

He is a complete joke cannot pass or kick and was MOM for France contributing to all of there points

Also Earls needs to be dropped just Flip everything up

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary Empty Re: Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary

Post by Tayto Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Absolutely agree about O Leary.
Jennings and Darcy were awful as well.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary Empty Re: Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary

Post by krusty Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:32 pm

He's almost as bad as Lee Byrne

krusty

Back to top Go down

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:38 pm

We have DESTROYED them since O'Leary went off any how he starts in WC you know there is a Munster thing going on

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Take O'Leary Out we win the game with ease today

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Irish,

What an utterly stupid comment to make.
These games are all about giving players an opportunity to stake a place for the WC.
I think after today O Leary will not make it,but to imply it's a Munster thing is childish.
Sexton Darcy and O Driscoll were all very poor today as well so I guess it's horses for courses.

I hope to God that Felix is going to be ok as we badly need a fullback of his quality.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 pm

We destroyd them since O'Learty went off as our backrow took the finger out. TOL was better today his service was quicker and I think he got no protection from his pack.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

In my opinion Kidney could never justify picking O'Leary. He's always been a terrible scrum half. He could be effective under old tackle laws but was never good. But unfortunately it seems to me that Kidney see's O'Leary as his number one scrum half. It'll be a big mistake if he does. But O'Leary was just one of the players who had a bad game. We were well beaten and it wasn't all his fault.

If you think we "destroyed" France when O'Leary went off you're mad. The game was over before 60 minutes was up. France took the foot off the pedal and we scored two consolation tries.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:09 pm

I hate to say it but if O'Leary was not a Munster boy his ass would be no where near the squad

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Declan Can No Longer Jusify Picking O'leary Empty O'Deary or Buckley Which Is The Worst Player To Put On The Green Jersey

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:31 pm

I think it would have to be O'Deary as Kidney seems to think he is our best scrum half

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Ok.
Buckley's wife has cancer so its understandable that his thoughts were elsewhere last match.
TOL had an extremely bad game today but that doesnt mean that he is a bad player.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Tayto wrote:Irish,

What an utterly stupid comment to make.
These games are all about giving players an opportunity to stake a place for the WC.
I think after today O Leary will not make it,but to imply it's a Munster thing is childish.
Sexton Darcy and O Driscoll were all very poor today as well so I guess it's horses for courses.

I hope to God that Felix is going to be ok as we badly need a fullback of his quality.

Sexton wasnt excellent but in fairness had to deal with the incredibly useless Tol chucking sh1te at him all afternoon. (Does Kidney really need to see more from him)
Agree re Darcy adn Drico though.
Seeing Felix get injured was a real pity today but he didnt have a great game either. Trimble was our stand out back once again and is definitely ahead of Earls in the pecking order now.

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Thomond wrote:We destroyd them since O'Learty went off as our backrow took the finger out. TOL was better today his service was quicker and I think he got no protection from his pack.

Better than what?

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Eire whats his excuse for all the other Poopie performances he has given us in the green jersey

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Feagh McHugh wrote:
Thomond wrote:We destroyd them since O'Learty went off as our backrow took the finger out. TOL was better today his service was quicker and I think he got no protection from his pack.

Better than what?

O'Leary's service was good when the pack were on top (first 20 minutes or so). The backrow were poor today (bar SOB). Ferris made a huge difference when he came on, as did ROG. Seemed to calm things down a bit. I think Sexton & BOD looked rattled which made everyone else rattled in the backs.

Great to see something of the old Luke back. Just shows the difference a few games makes. The best players today have had the most gametime.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:11 pm

O'leary was awful. He was still bad in the first 20 IMO. I haven't seen a worse 9 display. His decision making was very poor again I have to say. Think we would have scored more points in the first half with another 9.

I thought sexton was good dnt know why people are saying he was poor, I
Do agree about bod, darcy and earls.

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:O'leary was awful. He was still bad in the first 20 IMO. I haven't seen a worse 9 display. His decision making was very poor again I have to say. Think we would have scored more points in the first half with another 9.

I thought sexton was good dnt know why people are saying he was poor, I
Do agree about bod, darcy and earls.

Tol was average for the first 15mins or so, which is above his normal level after that it took it to epic levels of sh**ness.
Sexton wasn't poor but he wasn't very good either.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Declan is in danger of becoming a Gatland with Oleary - The guy hasn't showed any form since his injury before the Lions series. Stringer should be ahead of him.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't think he was anywhere near average. Just my opinion. Will watch it back tomorrow anyways before I say anything else

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Very annoying with him today. Started very well passing quickly and not making any mistakes.

Then the whole team drops off and he just, well, we all saw it.

This isn't sticking up for him just in case it looks like it, but just before he threw that, Heaslip threw a shocker to him from just 3 metres away. That was just indicative of our game.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:47 am

There is no bias coming through here from me. There is no ulsterman within an arses roar of the 9 jersey but for me Kidney needs to make the tough call and drop ToL. I hate the sentiment of this thread however and do hope threads like this become less and less on the board.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 am

Tol will go world cup there is no question about that in my mind....hopefully he wont be first choice for the australia game (if his form continues like yesterday) or we will be crucified.....positives from yesterday were sob,trimble, poc, front row in scrums....negatives were tol,bod,darcy, jennings also lineout looked a bit shaky at times and work at breakdown needs to be sharper.....
In fairness bod and darcy first game back so rustiness exscusable up to a point i expecr a big improvement ffom them for the england game.

All in all anothrer typical wc warm up game some good, some bad and some just ugly!

Any news on injuries to healy and jones?

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:25 am

SOB slipped off at least two tackles and barely made a third on Picamoles allowing the big man to gain yards. He was brilliant in flashes but when we were under the cosh it was Heaslip doing the grunt work imo. I do think SOB will be our bench option if Wallace and Ferris regain fitness and form

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:30 am

After a tough start, Picamoles was excellent yesterday. Don't know why they never stick with him. He provides the go forward they need at times from the pack.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:10 am

Standulstermen wrote:SOB slipped off at least two tackles and barely made a third on Picamoles allowing the big man to gain yards. He was brilliant in flashes but when we were under the cosh it was Heaslip doing the grunt work imo. I do think SOB will be our bench option if Wallace and Ferris regain fitness and form

Sob had a few a bad moments, a few knock ons but I thought he was decent overall but ferris and wallace have to start imo, we really missed them defensively yesterday.

Yesterdays I said I thought heaslip was poor, but lhe was actually quite good it is just that he was poor in comparision to picamoles, who was excellent. At times he was trying to do his own work and jennings. Poc seemed to be trying to play both 4, 5 and a backrower and healy was doing the work of a prop and backrow. This is all well and good if doc, jennings and others play as well but at times yesterday it seemed like we had only three players in the pack.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:00 pm

I would have thought this article headline didn't need the last two words.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Just blaming TOl for this loss is a bit harsh. We steam rolled france in the first 10 mins and started playing a bit better towards the end of the match too. Now how much of that was down to us been brilliant and France not been bothered is up for debate but what is not for debate is that, Yes TOL had a very bad game but so did the Irish team as a whole bar a few players.

Also Earls should not be dropped because of one bad game if he continues to play bad then drop him but doing that now could damage his confidence.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down