The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Night Raw

+21
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
psycho-gooner
Ché Guerrero
Kay Fabe
robbo277
owen10ozzy
JoshSansom
Ent
Bull
Adam D
Holymiky
Kenny
TwisT
Beer
talkingpoint
uberkiwi
User Name
ADMIN
Korankye88
HitmanOwl
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Monday Night Raw Empty Monday Night Raw

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 4:09

Was once again....bloody fantastic!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Raw Empty Re: Monday Night Raw

Post by Korankye88 Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 5:09

CM PUNK "Im flying" hahahahaa, guy is too funny! Did anyone notice the advert for man u v spurs aswell??? it was on like 5 hours prior lol 🤦
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 8:02

It had for me one of the most genuine funny moments I think I've ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQszihug-qA&feature=player_embedded

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 8:21

Del Rio loved it lol

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 9:04

"im flying" made the show imo.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:00

Hero wrote:It had for me one of the most genuine funny moments I think I've ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQszihug-qA&feature=player_embedded

Laugh OK gold, pure gold.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:05

HAHA I missed that when I caught up this morning - thats fecking brilliant!

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:06

What's the 'i'm flying' thing?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:07

Punk's jumping forearm off the rope onto Cena - mid air shouts "IM FLYING!"

(think it was a forearm anyway)

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:11

Laugh

Awesome.

I watched a few clips this morning. ADR is growing on me, but i am seriously bored of the Nash angle. The whole hospital thing was so fricking obvious.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:31

Any chance we can get a full breakdown of the results somewhere here?

I rely on it of a Tuesday when I am at work Very Happy

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 10:56

The exchange at the start , Punk completley dead pan " First of all dont ever interupt me when i'm speaking "
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 11:00

I thought the Miz and Truth promo was excellent. Absolute gold.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 11:05

well I am going to be the party pooper.

I thought that Punk, Cena and ADR seemed laclustre in their exchanges.

It seemed incredibly scripted and staid.

I ejoyed miz and truth but thought the whole show was very poor.

The HHH/punk section was quite good but overall, nothing really happened on the show. Bring back Matt Hardy!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 11:34

xTwisTx wrote:Any chance we can get a full breakdown of the results somewhere here?

I rely on it of a Tuesday when I am at work Very Happy

Here ya go!

Your hosts are Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, and Michael Cole

We open the show with the WWE champion Alberto Del Rio making his way out to the ring as Michael Cole makes the announcement that Rey Mysterio is out of action indefinitely due to injuries (kayfabe) sustained during his match with Del Rio last week. Before Del Rio can get into his usual destiny shtick though, John Cena's music hits and the former champ makes his way down to the ring quickly for a nice pop. He grabs a mic and tries to reintroduce himself to Del Rio as "the guy who's going to take that WWE championship off your waist". Yes, I'm sure that's just what everyone has been waiting patiently for John, to see you dispatch of generic heel number 9005. Cena says there's only one man in the company that can go toe to toe with him, and that's CM Punk. He says when he faces Del Rio for the WWE title he's going to whip his ass when the opening chords of Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" ring out and our straight edge savior, CM Punk comes out to a nice pop of his own. He makes his way down to the ring and has a mic of his own.

Punk says he feels like he's stepped into a re-run of RAW tonight, seeing John Cena ask for yet another title shot. Punk says if anyone's getting a title shot, it's going to be him. He says he has a problem with Del Rio, Triple H, Kevin Nash, and maybe even former "WWF President" Jack Tunney getting involved in his business and conspiring to take the title from him. Punk points out that Nash probably would have beaten down Cena had he won the title match on Sunday instead of Punk, simply because a certain someone wants Del Rio to be champion. Punk says that he's officially going to cash in his rematch clause for the WWE title, but then Cena steps in and claims that he's going to get his rematch tonight, but Punk tells him he doesn't have a rematch clause. Del Rio takes a shot at the Canadian fans but before he can finish his diatribe, Corporate Triple H's music hits and our noble Chief Operating Officer makes his way down to the ring to take charge of the situation. Triple H has a microphone and says that Del Rio will be wrestling next, but it won't be against Punk or Cena. He says Del Rio will defend the WWE title in four weeks at the Night of Champions PPV against whoever wins tonight's main event, which will pit CM Punk against John Cena in a number one contender's match! Punk/Cena III on RAW? Why not, it's not like we have a PPV to build up for or something.

Alberto Del Rio vs. John Morrison
When we return from commercial break, John Morrison is announced as Del Rio's opponent. Ross puts over the importance of Cena/Punk III, reminding us yet again what a competent play-by-play man sounds like. Del Rio targets Morrison's throat in the early going with a chop and a quick kick before starting to go to work on Morrison's arm, already setting up for his finisher perhaps. JoMo gets a near fall off a dropkick and then grinds Del Rio against the mat with a side headlock. JoMo sends Del Rio out to the floor and then tries for a picture perfect Asai moonsault, but Del Rio moves and JoMo lands on his feet like a cat before being shoved into the guard barrier as we take a commercial break.

When we return Del Rio is working over JoMo back in the ring and delivers a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for a quick two count. Del Rio shoots into the corner but Morrison backdrops him over the top to the outside floor. Back in the ring Morrison meets him with a flurry of forearms and a Russian leg-sweep for a near fall of his own. Beautiful bridging German suplex from Del Rio, but JoMo kicks out again. JoMo blocks the armbar attempt with a cradle for a near fall and then delivers a sloppy tornado DDT for another one. Morrison snaps off a 'rana for another hot near fall and the pace seems to have picked up a bit. JoMo nails a springboard kick and sets up for Starship Pain, but lands on his feet safely, seeing that Del Rio has moved. Del Rio launches him into the ring post however and then applies the flying armbar for the submission victory at 8:54. They seemed to not quite be on the same page as the match began, but they got over the opening butterflies pretty quickly and this turned into a damn fine little TV match before it ended. These are just the kind of upper-midcard clean wins that Del Rio needs, so no complaints here even if they probably could have put together something better with a little bit more time. **1/2

Eve vs. Nikki Bella

We get a video package before the match from Natalya and Beth Phoenix talking about how they don't want to be like Kelly and Eve, but they aren't going to tell us what they do want. Typical women as King puts it. Nikki lays in a few weak forearms into Eve but it's not long before she's out on the floor getting beaten up by Brie behind the ref's back. Back in the ring Eve delivers a decent side suplex and for a moment I stare in awe at the TV screen with my ears perked up as I hear the first "We want puppies!" chant from a WWE crowd that I can remember in years. Eve does some of that "booty-poppin" as the kids call it and then delivers a sloppy reverse STO. Nikki trips her up when she tries for the moonsault for a near fall. Eve finishes her off with a strange neckbreaker at 2:34. I'll give credit to Eve, she appears to be actively trying to mix new moves into her repertoire. The only problem is she's delivering them rather sloppily, and someone might get hurt that way. Not much of a match obviously. Kelly drops a leg on one of the Bellas after the match as Natalya and Beth Phoenix look on from the stage. 3/4*

We see a shot of Kevin Nash walking backstage as we cut to commercial.

We see a shot of Kevin Nash walking backstage as we cut to commercial.

Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley

Vickie Guerrero makes her way out and introduces Swagger as her newest client. Riley gets the jobber non-entrance strangely enough. They lock up and Swagger quickly takes Riley down with a waistlock. Riley responds with a big spinebuster when suddenly Dolph Ziggler makes his way down to ringside to argue with Vickie. Swagger tries for the gut-wrench powerbomb on Riley but settles for a lariat instead. Ziggler accidentally elbows Vickie down and Swagger comes out to check on her. He shoves Ziggler and goes back into the ring, where he's promptly rolled up by Riley and pinned clean at 2:03. Well if it isn't Scott Keith's favorite-ist finish in the whole wide world. Again, not much of a match here, just an angle. 1/4*

Backstage we see Triple H talking quietly on a cell phone as we go to commercial break. Must be the mistress.

When we return from break Triple H has made his way out to the ring with a mic. He talks about the controversy over the WWE title match at Summerslam and then calls Kevin Nash out in order to be completely transparent to the WWE universe. Nash makes his way out to the ring sans cheesy Diesel music and shakes Hunter's hand as he gets into the ring. Triple H again denies ever sending a text message to Nash to jump Punk. Nash says that he respects Hunter's word but he doesn't respect Punk. Triple H says that Nash doesn't work here, so he can't have him out here challenging Punk. Nash says the security last week wasn't for his safety, but rather for Punk's safety. Triple H says Nash can fight him at the local Tim Horton's, but he can't fight him in the WWE and then asks Nash to please leave. CM Punk's music hits right here of course though, and our straight edge savior makes his way out to play a game of detective. He ponders whether it was Nash, Hunter, or Steph who sent the text. Punk claims to be an habitual line-crosser and that Nash should know a thing or two about that (subtle TNA reference perhaps?). Punk says he's done talking and that he's going to kick Nash's ass, but Triple H plays the role of buffer. Punk says that Hunter has always had a problem with him holding the WWE title and wants to know who's really pulling the strings here. Hunter says that if Punk crosses the line with him, he'll attack him. He talks about Hunter keeping his balls in Steph's purse and Nash jumps Punk from behind with a forearm. Nash and Hunter angrily storm off as the crowd loudly chants for Punk.

When we return from commercial we see Triple H backstage telling Nash that he can't put his hands on a WWE employee like he just did with Punk. Nash says that Hunter has changed since donning the suit and takes off.

WWE Tag Team Title Match
David Otunga/Michael McGillicutty ©️ vs. Kofi Kingston/Evan Bourne

With Beer Money recently dropping the TNA tag titles, that makes Otunga and McGillicutty our current longest-reigning champions in the WWE or TNA. That's a frightening thought. McGillicutty seems to be wearing doo rags now in an attempt to look tough. It's not working. Kofi and McGillicutty start us off with some basic feeling out stuff before Kofi hits a huge cross-body and sets up for the Boom Drop. McGillicutty bails and Kofi stupidly gives chase, getting jumped from behind in the process. Back in the ring Otunga body-slams Kofi for a two count. This crowd could not care less about Otunga and McGillicutty's bland heel shtick here and it's kind of sad to watch. Not even their love for Kofi can drag much of any heat out of them. Kofi snaps off a headscissors and tags out to Bourne and finally the crowd shows some life as Bourne hits a flurry of spinkicks and knee-strikes. Kofi nails Otunga with a kick on the side of the apron and Bourne hits the Air Bourne on Otunga to win the tag straps at 5:05. King tries to claim the fans are giving them a standing ovation, but they seem slightly bemused at best. The action here was solid enough but totally heatless. Atleast the tag straps are off of the heat vacuum that is Otunga and McGillicutty though. *1/2

After a quick commercial break we cut to backstage where Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne are celebrating with Zack Ryder and a bottle of champagne over their tag title win. Elsewhere we see Johnny Ace running up to Triple H to inform him that Kevin Nash has apparently been in a car accident and has been taken to a local hospital. Hunter takes off to make sure his friend is okay while Laurinaitis stands around like a goof. That man is no Funkhouser when it comes to the acting department, I'll tell you what.

Santino Marella's music hits and he begins walking down to the ring when suddenly The Miz and R-Truth jump him from behind and put the beat down on him inside the ring to a chorus of boos. Truth grabs a mic and starts ranting about Little Jimmy again before getting into a "WHAT!"-off with the fans. Truth goes all Alex Jones on us, talking about the big conspiracy to keep he and Miz down again. This crowd is giving off great heat to Truth, regardless of the absurdity of his new found "gimmick". The Miz agrees with Truth and then flips out on the crowd for shouting "What" again. Can you imagine if Austin walked into the building right now? The what's would be deafening. Miz and Truth are playing this crowd perfectly and this has actually been one of the better non-CM Punk promo segments I've seen on RAW in quite some time, as this crowd is giving both men nuclear heat. Miz and Truth say that they're no longer waiting for an opportunity; they're just going to take it. Miz and Truth say that they're no longer waiting for an opportunity; they're just going to take it. Good segment.

WWE Title #1 Contender's Match
John Cena vs. CM Punk

Alberto Del Rio and Johnny Ace both are at ringside for this match, so I expect we'll get some sort of shenanigans. Cena does his usual pre-match attempt to throw his t-shirt into the crowd, but tonight the crowd decides to throw it back at him like they were the Hammerstein Ballroom. They go right into trading headlocks and legscissors in the early going and while obviously not as electric as Chicago last month, the crowd tonight is still extremely hot. They do a nice leapfrog/shoulder-block trading sequence and Cena looks for the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but Punk rolls him for a two count. Punk knees him in the corner and follows with the running bulldog, but gets knocked off the ring apron after being briefly distracted by Del Rio and we take a quick commercial break.

When we return Punk is fighting out of a side headlock. Cena tries for the Attitude Adjustment out of the corner, but Punk blocks it and nails a springboard forearm for a two count. Punk tries for the GTS and Cena counters into the STF, but Punk wriggles out of it only to miss a spinkick and get taken down in a nasty crossface by Cena. Say, didn't some guy from Edmonton used to use that move? Punk nails Cena with the GTS, but Cena kicks out at two! Kind of early for kicking out of finishers guys, isn't it? Punk misses a top rope elbow drop, so Cena goes to the top and hits his top rope legdrop for another near fall. Punk blocks another AA attempt with brutal elbow strikes to Cena's face before blasting him with a stiff knee to the face, but again Cena kicks out. These guys know each other quite well by now, and you can tell how comfrotable they've become together. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment, but now it's Punk's turn to play the finisher kick out game. Punk hits a cross-body off the top rope, but Cena rolls right through and lifts Punk up, only to be cradled himself for another near fall before Punk wipes him out with a stiff boot to the face. Punk calls for the GTS when suddenly Kevin Nash comes out to the stage with a mic and calls out Punk's name. He makes his way down to the ring and that distracts Punk long enough to turn around and walk right into the Attitude Adjustment from Cena, giving John the win at 10:56 (shown)! Obviously this wasn't on par with their last two PPV matches, but they managed to fit a lot of really good stuff into the short time they did have and as a result the brisk pace made for another excellent encounter between these two. The finish hurts it slightly since it was rather predictable, but otherwise this was another damn fine match from these two men. ***1/4

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 11:55

So where does this leave us? Next week HHH officially hiring Nash just so Punk can get his match? HHH hiring Nash so that he can humiliate him as COO for the comment he made about changing with the suit? Personally I'd love it if they brought Vince back and have him be behind the text to try and discredit HHH as COO. HHH acts all betrayed by Nash who as always is just doing it 'for business' and then this creates a rivalry between HHH and Vince over total control of the company with Steph caught in the middle.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 11:57

Steph being spit-roasted by HHH and Vince?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 11:58

Kb Laugh

wait so since Punk lost does he no longer have the rematch clause after all this is over ? ... though im loving the punk/ nash storyline

Punk= legend

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:16

The miz truth thing seems good and should have legs, if the tag division wasnt so stagnant they could go after that. They'll prob mess up each others title opportunity and lead into a feud, a good 3 months or so for them I think.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:20

Sounds like a poor show. I haven't really been impressed with how this has worked out so far.

Punk, by far the hottest thing in the business at the minute is going to be in a rivalry with a dinosaur who can't promo and shouldn't be in the ring any more. We're back with Super Cena who will no doubt win at Night of Champions and be the wwe champion.....again (snoozefest).

I know the storylines are potentially promising coming out but if we have punk v nash, cena v ADR and Orton v Henry at NoC I won't be paying to watch it

By having Miz beat someone down with Truth they've obviously got no plans for him at the minute, Truth is a brilliant heel persona but this 'conspiracy' gimmick is boring. The tag division is dead, no point in having those belts any more. Divas division, again is pointless.

For the sake of the WWE I hope this main event angle they're running does turn out to be something truly special as I fear they're putting all their eggs in one basket at the minute

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:28

Punk and Cena had an excellent match and have followed up their PPV matches of the Year with a TV match of the Year. ADR is getting plenty of chance to really come across as a vicious heel.

The Punk storyline is a slow burner but in the show Cena acknowledged Punk as his equal... plus both Cole and JR were talking him up as a five time champion. The only thing that ruined it was Lawler who kept saying he didn't rate Punk. The other two actually seemed to be getting p'ed off with him about it and I hope that he is removed from the announce team... if he can't do his job of talking up all the performers then get someone who can in.

The Miz Truth thing was interesting though I am not sure where they are going with it (beyond back into the mid card)... tag challenge sounds good but beyond that surely one of them will need to be a face?

I still maintain that the Swagger/Vickie/Dolph storyline is going to result in a face push for Swagger. Think it is a good thing and from the way it was playing out, Swagger going out to try to defend Vickie it is definitely a face tendency. Whether it will work or not is a moot point.

The ending to the event was so obvious that even I got it! Smile But in all seriousness it is as if they are trying to undermine HHH as an authority figure and really play him as the "doofus" who is being undermined by all and sundry. It seems as though they are going to keep him face, unless there is a major curve ball going on.

Alternatively (and I really hope not) it could be setting up HHH v Vince at WM for control of the company.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:31

RE: Lawler....

I'd imagine it's scripted and he's going back to being a heel.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:32

King Beer wrote:RE: Lawler....

Maybe, and hopefully it would improve his character! Though it would presumably mean that Michael Cole would be leaving the announcers desk?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:32

I have been negative about how the WWE have been treating Punk since the notorious sit down monologue, but it is clear something is brewing that is just waiting to explode.

I think Vince being behind the text to Nash is a great shout. My only gripe (and this may change as the story develops, especially at NoC), is how the Punk v Nash story is going to progress? As matches go, I don't hold much hope for it, simply as Nash is past it as a wrestler. But I can't see the story continuing unless Nash beats Punk (probably with interference).

And if that happens, Picard is going to come out.

Last edited by xTwisTx on Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:34; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 12:34

JoshSansom wrote:
King Beer wrote:RE: Lawler....

Maybe, and hopefully it would improve his character! Though it would presumably mean that Michael Cole would be leaving the announcers desk?

No, i think it would allow JR and Lawler to have the banter and keep Cole as a Tweener.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 13:12

I really don't mind Punk v Nash.

I think everyone thinks far too much in the here and now rather than looking two steps ahead.
Nash is nothing more than a 1st level boss, he's not the end product, he's not the power on the throne, he's being used as a stooge in the same way that Vince used guys like Big Boss Man v Austin. He's there to continue to build Punk up as the guy against the authority for an eventual match v HHH at Mania.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 13:16

Im going to sit on the fence here and say that it was a pretty average RAW..which was held together by a couple of bright moments.

Whilst I think Nash would be a good name for CM Punk to overcome (think it will help putting him even more over)...the problem is he really is washed up! He cant even hold his own in a promo..the start between him and Triple H was horrendous. Dont think ive seen HHH look so awkward in a promo for a long time. Thanks to CM Punk this segment was just about saved!!

The Miz & Truth promo was gold...for 2 guys who have been pushed and then shoved back down into losing streaks/ dead end angles, they have to be applauded for how over they both are with the audience. They really eat up there 'heel' persona's and know how to get the crowd to really dislike them. Enjoyed Truths reverse rap on his old intro..wonder if he wrote that himself. Im intrigued to see where this goes...i actually wouldnt like to see them head to the tag team scene but would rather have them build a winning streak together/ take out various superstars! ......heck keep them in the back ground & bring them in with Punk on the whole conspiracy thing if that angle starts to go south!!

The main event was fantastic...and I have to say Cena is slowly winning me around..i prefer his whole serious tone promo's (still needs to lose his smarmy comments about his opponents, they dont sit well & it just loses the flow of the promo)...I also enjoy the fact that he is recognising the split in the crowd now. The superman of old ignored that and I think that was hurting him alot, the fact he recognises it and plays it on is helping the older fans warm to him! Im not sure I agree with some peoples consensus that he is better in the ring (CM Punk makes anyone look good...hence I have hope that a match v Nash may just be plausible)...but we shall see if Cena has gotten better in his new feud with Del Rio...just please dont put the strap back on him at Night Of Champions!!

Onto Punk himself....has any wrestle ever managed to get over with the fans so quickly?...he is literally on fire & Im of the belief that no matter what the WWE do with him now he is going to be over with the fans. His ability to tell a story throughout the match is 2nd to none...he can sell exceptionally well & we all know how good he is on the mic (pipe bomb!!)...the other thing for me is his creativity. He adds little things to make everything that much better/memorable..i.e. 'im flying'. comedy gold! Also that little bit in his promo 'dont ever interupt me whilst im talking'..i got the impression that wasnt scripted but rather Punk thinking on his toes because the promo was dying upto that point!..

Im not usually hugely over on one superstar but at this moment in time i would be more than happy to be called a Punk fan/nuthugger! As his t-shirt says..he is the best in the world!

Oh and the Cena t-shirt incident..ive been waiting for someone to do that for ages..excellent stuff, even Cena had to laugh!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 13:59

It's noticeable that the day they established Truth and Miz's alliance they put the tag belts on face champions. I can see Kofi and Evan being transitional champions to get the belts onto Truth and Miz and allow them to appear on both shows.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 14:07

I enjoyed RAW, I wasn't too into the opening promo but everything else was good even if the Nash car crash was telegraphed, I don't agree with Del Rio as champ but at least he has started his reign off strongly, I also don't see Cena winning the title again until Elimination Chamber

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 15:29

Couple of thoughts:

The promo at the beginning came across as weak to me, usually Punk's promo's catch fire but this one didnt really get going imo. However he did make up for it with the Nash HHH segment later and the match with Cena (honestly who predicted their matches would be of that calibre).

I am liking HHH's character at the moment he looks believable as someone trying to hold himself together and do the right thing while people are conspiring behind him-this may later turn out to be a front but i'm buying it for the moment.

The impact from Punks flying knee to Cena was sweeeeet!!!

Truth and Miz gave a great promo although it seemed pretty pointless, hopefully we will get a Miz face turn out of it eventually. I think its about time to do this because he is one of the more entertaining superstars and Raw is still pretty heel heavy.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 15:40

Only The Miz could turn ''What'' chants into boos. Not many heel's could do that

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 16:30

"What what what, you sound lile a bunch of ducks"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 18:51

Three months and two days since Randy Savage died in his car after a heart attack.

WWE plays storyline out by saying Kevin Nash was in a car accident.

Stay Classy WWE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 19:21

I doubt that was anywhere in their thinking to be honest, plus to be fair Randy had a heart attack, it was a ticking bomb, it was just unfortunate that he was driving at the time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 20:28

I also think it was a great show, but will echo what was said earlier about Lawler. I don't actually don't think his burial of both Punk and Otunga & McGillicutty was scripted, the guy was just being a tool. I can't see him turning heel any time soon either, as he loves Cena and Rey. Did anyone else also notice the cheap shot at Canada as well? Have heard he doesn't like Canadians before. Just hurry up and get this old plank off the announce team.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 20:43

Also, credit where credits due to WWE, they actually made Punk look stronger than Cena in that match, what with Punk being 'about' to win with the GTS, before being blindsided by Nash and hit with the AA.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 20:54

Can't believe Nash bigfooted Triple H...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:33

Lawler was right about Otunga & McGillicutty, when was the last time they cut a promo? Its not as if Otunga isnt capable either when on the mic

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 1:52

Did anybody else notice the digs that Cena and Miz made at one another last night?

Cena said "I am tired of making average look AWESOME" and later on in the show during his promo Miz said "I beat John Cena one, two, three in the main event of Wrestlemania. But that's just AVERAGE isn't it?" before doing a subtle you can't see me gesture.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 9:13

OleH wrote:Three months and two days since Randy Savage died in his car after a heart attack.

WWE plays storyline out by saying Kevin Nash was in a car accident.

Stay Classy WWE

Firstly, that's so ridiculous it doesn't even warrant any further discussion.
That's like saying one week after Owen Hart fell onto a turnbuckle and died, Jeff Hardy jumped off a turnbuckle... how insensitive.

I thought Raw was pretty good.

Opening promo was stale.
From there it just got better, with some intresting plot developments (if a bit obvious).

I think there is evidence of things being laid down for a reason for once though (see Miz' reaction to his pathetic, seemingly nonsensical Subway promo), and what is obvious this week, might well be a curveball the next.

I'm engrossed.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 12:41

Macho man dies in a car accident,the big show gets run over by a car.

Bit sick that Tbh.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 13:41

I never saw that t-shirt being thrown back part. That was hilarious! The crowd were loving it! I also loved the "I'm flying" by Punk.

But the thing that made the show for me was the line by Punk where he said to HHH: "In your wife's handbag which is where you keep your phone...and obviously your balls". Classic line.

Besides those three parts I didnt like the show.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 14:02

Owl I think The Big Show got run over before The Macho Man died, plus he died of a Heart Attack, yeah he was driving but it had nothing to do with him dying, he could have been sleeping, playing pool, swimming or walking along the street when it happened

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 14:51

Fantastic raw and again its a raw that simply wants everyone to tune into next weeks edition. (Good idea in my view)

So we know it will be Cena vs Del Rio at Night of champions

So does this leave a Punk vs Nash match ?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 15:26

@gaffer

Yeah I get your point but at the time it felt like a bad taste.

Sometimes wwe do slip up with stuff like that but on the flip side storylines have changed due to goings on in the real world.

Mcmahon getting blown up,Titantron collapsing are 2

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 17:54

Savage didn't even cross my mind to be honest, the only thing I thought was Nash is gonna screw Punk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 17:59

the-gaffer wrote:Savage didn't even cross my mind to be honest, the only thing I thought was Nash is gonna screw Punk

I thought Christian was gonna turn on Edge and join the Alliance......oh wait.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 17:20

Just watching the replay on sky sports. What are your guys thought on Cena saying he was sick of making the average look awesome, obviously a dig at the miz, then miz saying that he isnt exactly average after listing his achievements then doing a slight you cant see me gesture.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 20:57

I used to respect Cena as a character and a person off screen, but I just dont know anymore for some reason...
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 21:36

Cena's comments last week were really strange to me.

For him to say that CM Punk was the only guy worthy of facing him was reminiscent of Triple H burying the entire roster in the run-up to Wrestlemania 27 when he said ending the Streak was the only challenge he had left, and that nothing else at Wrestlemania would matter apart from his match with Taker.

Cena should have been building Del Rio up as a credible champion and foe, but he buried him. Why would anybody be interested in a Del Rio/Cena match after that? As for the comment that seemed to be aimed at the Miz that was pretty unnecessary too, especially when you consider that Cena did NOTHING to make Miz look even remotely awesome.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next