The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun)

+33
rhino-dragon
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Thomond
Looseheaded
RubyGuby
InjuredYetAgain
Comfort
Shifty
J_D
George Carlin
Turkster
andy powells minder
BATH_BTGOG
aitchw
thebandwagonsociety
beshocked
nottins
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
GunsGerms
eirebilly
formerly known as Sam
Feagh McHugh
aucklandlaurie
mckay1402
poissonrouge
Mr Bounce
wheelchair1991
Cari
dummy_half
Pal Joey
Biltong
ScarletSpiderman
FranklinTempleton
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun) - Page 2 Empty Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun)

Post by FranklinTempleton Tue 23 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm trying to compile a list of the biggest most effective whingers in rugby and I need your help.

I misread an earlier article and thought this may be fun.

FranklinTempleton
FranklinTempleton

Back to top Go down

Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun) - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun)

Post by BATH_BTGOG Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

The Irish Rugby Team.

If they're not waving yellow cards around they're pointing and shouting 'He did it Sir' to the Ref.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun) - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Whingers (just a bit of fun)

Post by GunsGerms Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

You are starting to look like a bit of a whinger yourself.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 28 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Stringer after the 'hand of back' in the HC final is a great whinging moment looking back.

BOD always looks like a whinger going up to the referee.

POC usually looks like a kid who has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Dayglo was whinger but an effective one, he always got given time by the referee to explain his point and usually managed to 'inform' their view of things over the course of a game. A lot of captains at every level could learn from how he used to interact with refs without looking like an obvious whinger.

As a bit of fun, will the biggest whingers after the RWC be;
- Ireland: making excuses for not fulfilling their potential
- Wales: cos it's wales and when it goes wrong it's Gatlands fault
- New Zealand: if the unthinkable happens and they get knocked out

Whistle

What excuses have Irish people made? Also while there was some grumbling from Munster fans about the Hand of Back,many accpeted that Munster didn't deserve to win.

The Luke Fitz yellow Card thing annoyed me and I hope this BS doesn't creep into the game.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

Noticed on BBC that the secondary commentator thought that Earls made a dive when Ferris released him on the wing and he kicked ahead.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

New Zealand commentators

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

rhino-dragon wrote:New Zealand commentators

No way the Aussie ones are far worse! you should hear them when their losing, I find I start losing the will to live!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

Who is the guy who does the Sky commentary who constantly heads off on ill-advised poetic interludes and invariably loses his way? :

"They haven't given up, this team, a team of teams, of players, of men, for whom the words "give up" are as unknown as... as a very unknown thing...these men who group together to score tries, proudly for their nation, or club, or someone else's nation, a proud nation, nonetheless, a band of brothers as resolute as a band of resolute men, playing rugby in this cauldron of a venue, some say it's a warm up match, but to these men it's far beyond that, it's a test of courage, of character, and these men are willing to put their marker down and say 'I live up to that test'...."...and so on.

It drives me nuts.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

TheGreyGhost?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:26 pm

Jonah Lomu was the biggest one Ive ever seen on a rugby field Very Happy

Last edited by RubyGuby on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:43 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:TheGreyGhost?

No. I'm pretty sure I'd know if it was me.

Same guy always comes out with a line like:

"There's a bit of a scuffle off the ball; black shirts involved."

Breaking news: members of other team involved in on-field altercation.

Idiot. I tell you. First class buffoon.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:11 am

InjuredYetAgain wrote:TheGreyGhost?

I concur.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:51 am

Its got to be the kiwis
we must have been poisoned wah wah wah wayne barnes wah wah wah lets break kyran brackens leg because england are about to beat us wah wah wah wayne barnes wah wah wah all other refs wah wah wah we own the colour black wah wah wah how dare wales try to sing their anthem after our dance (in Cardiff!)wah wah wah we are going to dance in the changing room now wah wah wah we got knocked out of the RWC which we had a god given right to win so we are going to smaah up this random persons car wah wah wah and on and ariston......

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

There is no doubt that the 1995 team were suffering from food poisoning in the final. This is a medical fact and not conjecture or whining.

Wayne Barnes's performance in 2007 was simply unacceptable. This is the finding of an independent review. 26 missed infringements, any of which could have won the game for NZ. That is so far above an acceptable level of mistakes for a professional ref - and they all affected NZ. Barnes was the most junior referee ever to be appointed to the RWC knock out section and he was handed the number 1 and number 2 sides in the world. It was a monumental man sausage up of management. If nobody had said anything about it, it would have been a travesty. The AB management themselves were thoroughly professional and even congratulated France on their victory. Henry suggest that it was up to others to make a noise about the injustice.

Host unions don't have a right to ask the ABs to perform the Haka. They like it because it's a great marketing moment for them. Wales got cute with the starting ceremony so NZ opted not to do the Haka on the field. No problems there for me.

As far as whinging goes you can't look past Sir Clive Woodward...I've never heard such a load of nonsense as he came out with the post-2003 tour to NZ where England were wiped out in two consecutive tests and he still had the gall to claim that England were the better team. Roll on to 2005 and we had his shambolic Lions who got pasted 4-0 in the series and all he could do was try to paint an All Black legend as a criminal.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:08 pm

try not to be so precious GG! Spear tackles are against the laws of rugger so perhaps Kevin "I headbutted the back of a mans head whilst he was lying on the ground but I believe in god so I cant be a thug" Mealamu could be construed as a criminal, although that is a little extreme. However Woodward never said that, so you are clearly now actually believing your make believe quotes!

Anyway, I would never suggest that you are a general representative of the people of NZ. Just as it would be wrong to suggest that Oswald Mosely's hate filled opinions were a reflection of the opinions of the people of GB.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

try not to be so precious GG! Spear tackles are against the laws of rugger

Exactly, and I'm sure that Rua Tipoki is still miffed to this day that Gordon D'Arcy didn't appologise for the unpunished spear tackle on him in the Lions v Maori match.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:15 pm

Rua Tipoki might be a tad more miffed that his self appointed spokesman and number one fan is still weeping about it. Who knows?

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

You brought up the spear tackle, isn't this what you were talking about?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:24 pm

no you brought it up by (incorrectly) suggesting that SCW had tried "to paint an All Black legend as a criminal." I merely named the specific crime that you alluded to. Yes you could have been referring to Umaga but I know how much you worship Mealamu so went with him instead.

Keep up the good work of defending the ABs from the evil British empire. they must be hugely appreciative of all your efforts on their behalf.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

But wait - didn't you just admit you were defending SCW from my accusation that he was a whinger? shouldn't you be levelling that further whinge at yourself?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:55 pm

Negative. There is no doubt that SCW is a whinger. You dont need to make up quotes to illustrate that. Just have a hunt through any bookshop bargain bin for a copy of his celebrated tome 'Winning' and pick a page at random. In case they have all been pulped or burnt, I know that you can find a copy in the street book sellers collection in Morro Sao Paolo in Brazil. I would be staggered if someone had bought it as it has been quite badly defaced

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

How referees put up with ROG, POC and DOC constantly whinging, I will never know. They should be yellow carded within 10 mins of every game they play.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

The laws shoud be re-written so that anyone can punch the lights out of a scrum-half at any time without even as much as a free-kick being awarded against you. And I am including referees in the list of those permitted to discipline scrum-halves.

Whooee!!!

With you there!

Can you give the scrum half a slap even if you are 'retired'?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:43 pm

Dominic Dicoco wrote:How referees put up with ROG, POC and DOC constantly whinging, I will never know. They should be yellow carded within 10 mins of every game they play.

I agree the Irish are the worst whingers.

(Disclaimer; by using the term 'the Irish' I don't mean all Irish people just the Irish rugby union team)
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2