The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired?

+30
westisbest
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
HURLEY_BURLEY
formerly known as Sam
kingjohn7
munkian
dummy_half
nganboy
welshy824
robbo277
Shifty
Standulstermen
eirebilly
perand25
Bullsbok
bedfordwelsh
Biltong
Taffineastbourne
greybeard
maestegmafia
sirtidychris
Cymroglan
tomathy
majesticimperialman
Gatts
Mr Bounce
BigTrevsbigmac
aitchw
TycroesOsprey
krusty
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired? - Page 2 Empty Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired?

Post by krusty Tue 23 Aug 2011, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Even though I am a daffodil snniffer I want to talk about England. For me, they are the rugby nation that has suffered the greatest from the retirement of one player.

WILL GREENWOOD.

Their midfield has suffered no end without him & I have yet to see a player who can be as good as he was or bring out the best in Tindall. Many players have come and gone in the 12/13 channel over recent years but many have failed to excite or live up to expectation. I am excited to see more of Manu Tuilagilagigigiali, but I fear he will be mainly used for his bulk rather than overall talent. I also think that at some stage Wilkinson & Flood will start in the same backline to try and bring some creativity into it. I wouldn't know who to play where as neither Flood or Wilko have had consistent time at 12 for a very long time.

I think something like this would be a good shot in midfield:

10. Flood
12. Wilko
13. Tuilagi

I would rather see Wilko at 12 as he can time the pass better than anyone.

krusty

Back to top Go down

Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired?

Post by Biltong Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

The best players i have seen from New Zealand, obviuosly since 1995.

Carl heyman, Sean fitzpatrick, McCaw, Marshall, Carter, Umaga, Lomu and cullen.

The best from Oz, Eales, Gregan, Larkham, Little, Horan, Latham.

The best from SA, Os du Randt, Vicki, Bakkies, Juan Smith, Andre Venter, Joost, Henri honiball, Jaque Olivier, Andre joubert, Habana

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which player has your nation missed the most since he retired?

Post by OzT Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:15 am

HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:Eirebilly - you mean 'nobody' !
He was phenomenal alright.

A 2nd rower who is also the team's kicker!!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:18 am

HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:
HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:What about NZ ?
Would you swop your current back three for Lomu, Cullen & Wilson? AWESOME !

They were, but to be honest the biggest gaps in NZ are at hooker since Fitzpatrick and halfback since Graeme Bachop.

You serious about Bachop? I remember his brother Stephen coaching us in school for a stint. Nice chap.

Yep. No Kiwi half-back since has been able to claim "best in the world" status. Marshall and Kelleher were good but not great, and since then ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:26 am

Yeah his pass was awesome. It's been a long time since we had a bullet thrower at 9. I mean Tonu'u had the best pass in the world but he was rubbish at most other things hence him not playing more than a handful of Tests.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

majesticimperialman wrote:The one player who i have not missed since he retired from rugby union is Gareth Thomas.

Now i have nothing against him personaly, but every time he scored a try and he ran behind the post "TAPPING HIMSELF ON THE HEAD" furious furious furious ..Yes he realy got to me.

Not a Cardiff City fan then ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:01 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:
HURLEY_BURLEY wrote:What about NZ ?
Would you swop your current back three for Lomu, Cullen & Wilson? AWESOME !

They were, but to be honest the biggest gaps in NZ are at hooker since Fitzpatrick and halfback since Graeme Bachop.

That's what I said.

Also there are a few wingers I'd swap in for Lomu.
Umaga at his best, Howlett, Kirwan, may be even Dagg.
Just imagine Dagg, Cullen, Wilson.

I think I would mess my pants.
oh may be a bit too much just then
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2