The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edwards joins on loan

Go down

Edwards joins on loan Empty Edwards joins on loan

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 21 Feb 2011, 4:49 pm

Norwich City boss Paul Lambert made his first move into the emergency loan market today when he signed defender Rob Edwards from Premier League Blackpool.

Edwards joins on an emergency loan until May 24 and adds strength to a defence that has lost Leon Barnett, possibly for the rest of the season, because of a hamstring injury that looks set to require surgery on Tuesday.

“With the injury to Leon severe we’ve brought in Rob to the squad,” said Lambert. “He’s got experience and has seen it and done it with Blackpool last year and he’ll be a big asset in the 14 games remaining this season.”

Edwards said: “Delighted and hopefully get cracking as soon as I can and to be back involved and hopefully get some first team action and help the boys in anyway I can.

“Every footballer wants to play at the end of the day and the manager has brought me in after a few injuries to the squad. There’s already two centre-halves Zak (Whitbread) and Elliott (Ward) who did really well at the weekend and hopefully I can push them and if I get my chance I can give it a real go.”

Edwards, 28, joined Blackpool from Wolves in August 2008 after starting his career at Aston Villa, and has made 67 appearances in all competitions scoring twice at his time at Bloomfield Road.

Edwards is eligible for City’s game with Doncaster Rovers at Carrow Road on Tuesday night.

Lambert admitted he has been hitting the phones hard over the last couple of days since learning that Chris Martin (hamstring) and Simon Lappin (appendicitis) have been ruled out for some time.

“I’ve made numerous calls on other people to see. I’ve spoken to a lot of managers but not many people want to let their better ones out.

“It’s a critical time of the season so you’ve got to get it right.”

However, Lambert paid short shrift to rumours that he is looking to bring in Ched Evans from Sheffield United.

“There’s more chance of me signing Linda Evans! Until someone comes through those gates out there then I will tell you.”

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_sign_blackpool_s_edwards_on_loan_1_808292

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down