The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst TV Adverts

+11
AlexHuckerby
Josiah Maiestas
dyrewolfe
ADMIN
Adam D
Gaelic-Warrior
Cari
TipToes88
Beer
Celtic Warrior
Doubleagent73
15 posters

Go down

Worst TV Adverts Empty Worst TV Adverts

Post by Doubleagent73 Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 am

I've already mentioned how much my blood pressure rises when the Wonga dot com adverts come on, or the Haribo Super Mix family start singing and dancing ("squidgy, squidgy baby!").

Any TV commercials that have you scrambling for the fast forward button?
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

http://badfilmfriday.com

Back to top Go down

Worst TV Adverts Empty Re: Worst TV Adverts

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:44 am

Completely agree with the 2 you've already mentioned.

Anything with that fat idiot screaming Go Compare.

Anything relating to We Buy Any Car.

I hate the jingle for Autoglass.

There are plenty of others, I'll have a think and probably appear back on this thread!

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:46 am

The confused.com adverts.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 am

Anything selling stuff to women. They always show women getting the better of stupid looking men. The other way around and the ad would never be bloomin aired. OOOR they have some 7ft semi naked calvin klein model who wants to randy them because their drinking a diet coke which male products aren't allowed to do (exception being linx adverts and people still don't buy it) because it objectifies women.

Other than that the usual suspects. I also really hate the Glade advert where it says "if you could design your own air freshner it would look like this" NO NO NO it would NOT!!! that looks like a stone uterus get it off my mantle piece pronto bitch!!

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 am

To be honest if I must watch a channel that has ad breaks, I hit the mute button when the ads come on, because they're all irritating. I think the most annoying are those god awful Confused.com ones where they ruin a good Queen or Village People song just to sell fecking car insurance. I also hate the Adios one with the women in pink shorts walking down the street. It's just soooo annoying. steam

Tip - I agree with you to a certain extent about the way men are portrayed in some ads. However, most adverts directed at women are made to make women feel crap about themselves so that they'll go out and buy X product to be better, see?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 am

Oh and I can't stand those meerkats. Not amusing or cute at all. I know a lot of people like them though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 am

Cari wrote:To be honest if I must watch a channel that has ad breaks, I hit the mute button when the ads come on, because they're all irritating. I think the most annoying are those god awful Confused.com ones where they ruin a good Queen or Village People song just to sell fecking car insurance. I also hate the Adios one with the women in pink shorts walking down the street. It's just soooo annoying. steam

Tip - I agree with you to a certain extent about the way men are portrayed in some ads. However, most adverts directed at women are made to make women feel crap about themselves so that they'll go out and buy X product to be better, see?

Yeah we spent about a month in RMPS talking about how the media makes women look stupid or ugly to sell them products (my teacher loved banging her feminist drum over Revlons "here comes the science part *que mans voice*") but thats for their products. You don't see topless broads in black and decker ads lol. Adios one is bad but the Pere du Laite (or however its spelled) gets me

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Just about every ad on telly now. Especially-

-Go compare ads with that annoying fat Bar Steward
-Confused.com
-Jacamo
-Ambulance chaser adverts, especially bgr bloomer steam
-the ones targeted at ugly old birds, wrinkle vanishing cream "take this magic potion and you'll turn into the worlds next biggest super model" kind of thing
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:
-the ones targeted at ugly old birds, wrinkle vanishing cream "take this magic potion and you'll turn into the worlds next biggest super model" kind of thing

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:10 pm

And another one:

A picture of Gaelic Warrior before and after (before on the right, then he got a desk job and looks like the left)

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm

The one that really annoys me at the moment is one of those dating adverts where it's a woman talking to the camera about her experiences, she's reasonably attractive but every time she opens her mouth to talk she shuts her eyes.
That's why you have go on a dating website love, you can't talk like a normal human being.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Tip - my point was, that adverts directed at men appeal to their potential unlike women's adverts which appeal to their insecurities/weaknesses.
They use attractive women in some men's ads...depends where it is shown and what it's for. Take the ads for men's colognes at Christmas for example or some car adverts. They'll feature women in them, but usually as a result of potency - i.e. buy this product and this hot woman will like you type of thing...that gets me sometimes because they don't use fit men in the same way in women's ads.

Hero - that's not as bad as the advert for Match.com where the people sing about what they like. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Hobo wrote:And another one:

A picture of Gaelic Warrior before and after (before on the right, then he got a desk job and looks like the left)

Spoiler:

Laugh I think you've got your before and afters mixed up. That clearly says after on the right. Perhaps the stress of running the site is getting to you Hobo.

Spoiler:
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Cari wrote:Tip - my point was, that adverts directed at men appeal to their potential unlike women's adverts which appeal to their insecurities/weaknesses.
They use attractive women in some men's ads...depends where it is shown and what it's for. Take the ads for men's colognes at Christmas for example or some car adverts. They'll feature women in them, but usually as a result of potency - i.e. buy this product and this hot woman will like you type of thing...that gets me sometimes because they don't use fit men in the same way in women's ads.

Hero - that's not as bad as the advert for Match.com where the people sing about what they like. Rolling Eyes

I dunno - I think thats kinda cute. I like the other one too...the bloke with the ukelele singing "The girl on the platform smiled..."

Ads I do hate though, include:

Confused.com (I actually mute these)
Any accident compensation companies
Any "quick money" ads (Cash Converter, QuickQuid, Wonga.com etc.)
Sky
Most household products
Admiral Car Insurance
Direct Line
Halifax

That glazing ad where the bloke shouts "I said, you buy one, you get one free!" Its that annoying I can't even remember the name of the company.

Matter of fact, I usually mute ad breaks full stop.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:46 pm

"I'm Barry Scott..."

Instead of "BANG and the dirt is gone" I wish it was "BANG....headshot"

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Maybe i'm wrong, but the ad's of starving africans while i'm having a cheese toastie goes automatically off.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Safestyle UK! furious

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:54 am

My dads mate used to work at Safestyle UK, apparently it's run by gangsters from Manchester :S

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks Y I Man...NOT! mad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubleagent73 Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:37 am

King Beer wrote:The confused.com adverts.

Is that the one with the woman in the Freddy Krueger sweater and about 5 single hairs on her head, dancing to a bastardised version of the YMCA song? (Sacrilege!)

Why has she suddenly gone from having no noticeable bust, to having a couple of big bouncing orbs in the last advert? What's that all about? Are we to believe she's been spending her fees on breast enhancement surgery? She'd be better investing in a decent wig if you ask me.
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubleagent73 Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 am

Celtic Warrior wrote:Anything with that fat idiot screaming Go Compare.

I usually make a point of watching the Go Compare adverts. But only because the dog likes to howl at them. Still haven't worked out if he's singing along, or crying out in protest.
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 am

I really don't mind the Go Compare adverts!

I would agree with the Safestyle UK one though. Honestly, who would buy windows from that fool? He's dressed like a nutter and he's practically lunging at you with his crappy window deals.

To add another, I would say the Boots adverts with the incessant 'Here Come the Girls' soundtrack. I can't stand it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:12 pm

The Renault Clio one with Rihanna - what a load of pretentious wa nk. Talk about trying to be arty farty. It's really annoying.

"What's va-va-voom?" Not fecking Rihanna that's for sure!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 pm

I hate any adverts where the speech has been dubbed over the original advert most notably those yogurt adverts. I also can't watch those adverts of badly treated animals, I definitely don't agree with having them on during the day especially.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Anything with the words 'claim' 'best' 'save' 'month' and 'voted' in it is plain crap.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:19 am

The New Fiat 500 ad with Alonso. With the bad dubbing job.
They dont even speak at the same time the mouths move.
The guy can speak english, why not have him speak english?, for an ad on British TV.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:13 am

The Uncle Ben's rice, any toiletries and cleaning product adverts are also very guilty of bad dubbing. It's pathetic. I guess the advertisers think that we're not paying attention so much...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down