The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales to play Australia in December.

+5
Taffineastbourne
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
bedfordwelsh
Turkster
Shifty
9 posters

Go down

Wales to play Australia in December. Empty Wales to play Australia in December.

Post by Shifty Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

Wales to host Australia
24 August 2011, 2:40 pm
By WRU
Wales will face Australia at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday, 3 December, 2011 (kick-off 2.30pm) the Welsh Rugby Union confirmed today.
The now customary post-Rugby World Cup fixture will come just a month after the William Webb Ellis Trophy has been won and give fans the chance to see the returning Wales side on home soil for the first time since the New Zealand tournament.
Walesbosses and fans alike will be hoping the fixture can be a celebration of the efforts of the squad at the 2011 RWC and can now also watch with further fascination to see what kind of performances can be expected from the Wallabies in Cardiff.

Tradition dictates that the two sides will contest the James Bevan Trophy, currently held by the Southern Hemisphere superpowers, when they meet at the national stadium and, regardless of what happens at RWC time, Wales will be looking to avenge the 25-16 home defeat of the 2010 November series.

"There is always huge demand for Autumn rugby at the Millennium Stadium as fans have become used to watching Wales face some of the best teams in the world at home fixtures," said WRU group head of sales and marketing Craig Maxwell.

"And from Monday 19 September rugby supporters can get their hands on tickets to welcome their rugby heroes back home at the Millennium Stadium to face Australia, just a few weeks after the illustrious Rugby World Cup.

"The Wales v Australia match is the perfect culmination of Wales' RWC efforts and the start of a new chapter as we look ahead to the 2012 6 Nations Championship and Wales fans should act fast to get their tickets to get behind the team."

Tickets for the match will go on public sale online at www.wru.co.uk/tickets and from all the usual outlets on Monday, 19 September.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales to play Australia in December. Empty Re: Wales to play Australia in December.

Post by Shifty Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

Typical WRU to try and squeeze a game in after the world Cup!
Can't say I blame them though, if Wales have a good world cup then this will be a sell out!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales to play Australia in December. Empty Re: Wales to play Australia in December.

Post by Turkster Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

let's hope the Welsh regions withdraw their players, it's smack bang in the middle of Heineken Cup games, we're bad enough as it is without players going off playing a pointless international.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

Here is my amswer to this off another post

Its because the WRU are money grabbing bar stewards who will sell all the hospitrality boxes to corporate business and not give a flying you know what about us fans.

Great idea just before Xmas lets play an International, where we WON'T reduce our prices or come up with any decent marketing for it either.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

I'm so annoyed at this game being arranged. It's a week before a Heineken cup round, and we'll only have had our international players back at the regions for just over a month. It's not needed, it's a money spinning exercise and it compromises the regional games. Really Flip me off this has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:40 pm

I guess it makes sense for the Aussies to organise a 2nd match on their tour - I'm going to see them vs the Barbarians the preceding weekend.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

It may be easy for me bearing in mind the travel cost from where I live but I would urge Welsh Rugby fans to vote with their feet by not being suckered yet again.Too much Rugby,too expensive and likely to be a match bereft of WC players from both sides.They will market it as Martyn's 100th game and will tug at the sentamental side of most fellow Taffs.All they want is your money.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:09 pm

Sat 3 Dec 18:30 RDP12 Ospreys v Munster The Liberty Stadium

Well it is on the same day as the Ospreys play Munster at home!
To say Ospreys fans on their forum are incensed is an understatement.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by jb1973 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:12 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I'm so annoyed at this game being arranged. It's a week before a Heineken cup round, and we'll only have had our international players back at the regions for just over a month. It's not needed, it's a money spinning exercise and it compromises the regional games. Really Flip me off this has.

100% agree where is the need/ sense for this game

wru should be ashamed

jb1973

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:26 pm

Does nothing for the relationship between club and country, but if it is Nugget's swansong I think people will go and i will be one of them...assuming he gets picked of course

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by jb1973 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:33 pm

hell play and hell be skipper. I expect shane and stevo to be picked to.

Will the guys playing in france be allowed to play?

jb1973

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:58 pm

jb1973 wrote:hell play and hell be skipper. I expect shane and stevo to be picked to.

Will the guys playing in france be allowed to play?

Not unless they have a release clause in their contact.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Fri 26 Aug 2011, 12:09 am

hey may not be a bad thing them not being picked- allow other players to try those positions and all cost and stuff aside, could allow the manager (not jinxing it by suggesting gats still be in the job) to try some other combos out before the 6n

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down