The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Punk/HHH Plans

3 posters

Go down

Punk/HHH Plans Empty Punk/HHH Plans

Post by Mr H Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am

It has been a popular discussion of speculation in the wrestling world and it seems as if WWE does plan for CM Punk and Triple H to eventually have a match.

After speaking with several insiders, one said it has been “a rumor floating around” and another said “it seems to be what they (creative) are really wanting build to.”

The sources are speaking of the possible plan of having CM Punk and Triple H face off in a match at Survivor Series this November at Madison Square Garden.

Two interesting aspects to the feud that have come up is that an episode of RAW leading up to the match at Survivor Series, Triple H would beat up and bloody CM Punk. Before going forward and airing this, WWE would likely get the approval from USA network. This would be something that is uncharacteristic to the WWE’s more PG content which includes avoiding having blood on screen.

The other aspect to the feud is some type of stipulation in the match. While some suggest it would be that if Triple H loses than he must step down from his Chief Operating Officer position he is holding on screen, others are saying that Triple H keeping his on screen power would be a stipulation but only will be put in to place if there is an equally important stipulation on the line if CM Punk was to lose.

I was told the final decision of going forward to Survivor Series may not be made official until SummerSlam or shortly after. One source reminded me that “Punk is holding a different hand of cards these days.”

This is referring to what CM Punk did make some reference to on the ESPN podcast and several have speculated that he has some say in the creative direction of his character and storylines. So any plan such as him going to Survivor Series to fight Triple H and have stipulations involved in the match could potentially be altered by CM Punk himself where in the past that wouldn’t have been the case.

We will continue to follow this story as we learn more

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Punk/HHH Plans Empty Re: Punk/HHH Plans

Post by talkingpoint Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 am

Hmm a HHH/Punk feud creates problems - 1) if HHH goes over Punk it will be viewed as the veteran burying the current talent and 2) If Punk goes over HHH it will undermine HHH's current on screen role as COO. Now I know the latter is the lesser of two evils and the most likely outcome, but at the same time who would replace HHH if his role as COO was on the line? Doesn't quite make sense to me to replace HHH on screen as behind the scenes he will inherit the WWE empire with Steph and Vince was always able to play both on screen and off simultaniously. I know HHH has done the right thing in the past by putting over Benoit, Batista and Cena but is Punk going over HHH really what Punk's career needs? He's already over with the fans, he's already been involved in an historical storyline (MITB) and he's main evented one of the biggest PPV's in the WWE calander (SS). So he's already an established main eventer whose a X4 world champion.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:50 am

They said he's a 5 time World Champion on Raw?

There are so many ways they could go with it, and its ironic that Punk said 'Triple H doesnt know good business', because i actually think Hunter does know good business. The fued can only be a good thing for Punk, i doubt very much Hunter would bigfoot him.

What does everyone think will happen on Raw after Laurinaitis and Nash gave HHH the runaround?

On another note, does anyone really think the last time we see Vince McMahon on TV was crying in the middle of the ring being relieved of his duties?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:47 am

X5? But he won the title at MITB to become a X4 champ then beat Cena at SS to technically retain his title did he not? I mean his title was not invalid going into SS was it? They spoke about an undisputed WWE champion so I imagined it was just to amalgamate the two belts, I didn't think Punk was winning his fifth world title!? That's confusing!

I don't think we've seen the last of Vince and I really wouldn't mind if he came back in a power struggle with HHH as the heel behind Nash's text. Everyone is just waiting for a HHH heel turn that I think he should remain face in this storyline. Everyone just expects a sort of Evolution rehash with him turning on Punk. I don't want it to be that predictable unless the promos and matches are 5*, which is very rare from the WWE nowadays. I'd like HHH to finally bury Vince as CEO (on screen) and have the storyline transcend the usual wrestlers perspectives. Punk could still be at the heart of the storyline but I'd love to see a HHH/Vince subplot running simultaneously. Punk could lead the vanguard as the wrestler of the hour against the corporate machine and HHH could finally take that last step from wrestler to CEO kayfabe, just like when he married Steph kayfabe that later turned into reality. HHH's personal and professional lives have always been blurred on screen and I think it would be fitting (in a poetical sort of way) if this stage of his career is played out on screen too.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 am

I think Punk does need to go over HHH tbh I mean let's face it we all reckon that in the end Cena will go over The Rock whether that will be at Wrestlemania is up for debate but he would of beaten 1 of the 5 top stars of the late 90's/ early 2000's and would genuinely make him credible as the "man".

If Punk was to go over HHH that would mean he too has a massive win on his record beating another of the last generations major stars, HHH is one of the most decorated champions in history and with his new COO role it would make his name even more impressive to have on your CV.

It would really put Punk on equal terms with the WWE's 2 major players in Orton and Cena and possibly even move him above them, 1 thing is for sure though WWE better hope ADR works out as with Sheamus also getting a push it would leave their 4 biggest stars all faces.

They need to have ADR go over Cena clean and start pushing other heels, turn JoMo a cocky/vein heel similar to HBK but not so much that it sticks out, get The Miz on Smackdown and bump him back up to the main event and slowly build Cody up to the main event as well to where he faces off against Orton for the WHC in a master vs mentor fued with Cody coming out on top which would leave the main eventers looking like this.

Faces : Cena, Orton, Punk, Sheamus

Heels : ADR, The Miz, Cody, JoMo

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down