The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different Week, same old story

+34
englandglory4ever
HERSH
sad_gimp
Rob B
blackcanelion
littlejohn
trebellbobaggins
Knackeredknees
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Taylorman
Rangiora
Breadvan
InjuredYetAgain
Mick(TEFC)
Thomond
captainrapido
Sgt_Pooly
funnyExiledScot
mckay1402
Biltong
Hood83
Draigoch
asoreleftshoulder
mpc28
Shifty
aucklandlaurie
nottins
Full Credit
mr-bryns-attitude
eirebilly
Pal Joey
Artful_Dodger
Gatts
TheGreyGhost
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Different Week, same old story - Page 3 Empty Different Week, same old story

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 27 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

For the second week in a row, the All Blacks were robbed by an appalling decision by a local TMO.

After the shocking debacle in Port Elizabeth a week ago, toothless Paddy O'Brien's IRB refereeing so-called Elite panel have come in for more criticism after a shambles in the Tri-nations decider between New Zealand and Australia.

This time the villain was parochial Australian Matt Goddard. Faced with with video evidence clearly indicating a 22 meter restart after excellent work by All Black Veteran Muliaina, the local notorious Australian indicated to controversial Englishman Wayne Barnes that he believed a 5 meter scrum to his home team Australia was warranted.

With 3 key backrowers temporarily injured, Australia worked a move close to the scrum and scored what turned out to be the games clinching try.

Barnes, who himself this time took a more active role than usual in the All Blacks down fall after impeding Adam Thompson as he attempt to put a tackle of Samo, creating an unimpeded run to the try line for the Australia 8, was this time additionally rather let down by his assistants. Firstly Goddard, and secondly by another South African who was fooled by some Hollywood theatrics by Adam Ashley-Cooper who ran into the back of Kevin Mealamu and then threw himself to the ground in the style more befitting the closing act of Hamlet. This was enough for the South African to disrupt All Black momentum and award a penalty shot to Cooper.

IRB head referee Paddy O'Brien has presided over an era of controversy as chief referee. Many experts have levelled blame for the fall of the games professional adjudication into chaos as he has failing to address the inadequate level of the so-called top level referees. O'Brien was responsible for appointing inexperienced Wayne Barnes to referee the All Blacks when the were thrown out of the 2007 world cup in one of the worst refereeing displays in the professional era where he failed to penalise France for any one of 27 indiscretions in the last 60 minutes and missed a blatantly forward pass.

O'Brien was also responsible for the debacle which saw the two hemispheres play under different rules for 2 years throwing the global game into chaos.

Unsurprisingly Cooper missed the kick, but the controversial Australian already looks set to miss the world cup after being cited for a cynical off the ball knee to the head of All Black legend Richie McCaw. Many industry pundits have suggested that despite the obvious cynicism that Cooper may escape sanction if O'brien continues his trend of inadequate accountability in the global game.

"Unless Paddy gets off his chuff and does something about the state of the game, this kind of unacceptable travesty will continue to roll off the international rugby conveyor belt." our correspondent said.

Last edited by TheGreyGhost on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Different Week, same old story - Page 3 Empty Re: Different Week, same old story

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

Anyway as it turned out I was correct about the toothless SANZAR judiciary who have let Cooper walk for the cynical and cowardly knee to the back of McCaw's head.

So I assume all the posters who are normally on here complaining about McCaw's cheating will now be lining up to condemn Cooper for his cowardice and SANZAR judiciary for letting him off based on some half-baked excuse about "not remembering it" and "it must have been accidental".

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Different Week, same old story - Page 3 Empty Re: Different Week, same old story

Post by Hood83 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:29 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Anyway as it turned out I was correct about the toothless SANZAR judiciary who have let Cooper walk for the cynical and cowardly knee to the back of McCaw's head.

So I assume all the posters who are normally on here complaining about McCaw's cheating will now be lining up to condemn Cooper for his cowardice and SANZAR judiciary for letting him off based on some half-baked excuse about "not remembering it" and "it must have been accidental".

Perhaps, though i'm still seething at the Mealamu flying head butt and its pitifully lenient punishment. Oh no i'm not, i'm over it.

I think most people would make a distinction between cheating and thuggery. I've always thought McCaw's 'i can't roll away, honest' type of cheating is infuriating, but i've never seen him as a particularly dirty player. Plus i think the McCaw brand of 'cheating' is as much a fault of the ref's. Cooper's brand of cheating is more sinister and needs to be squeezed out of the game through citation, i agree on that much.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Anyway as it turned out I was correct about the toothless SANZAR judiciary who have let Cooper walk for the cynical and cowardly knee to the back of McCaw's head.

GreyGhost
Have you ever been at the bottom of a ruck trying to get up quick??? hands, elbows heads knees are hitting you and your doing the same to others, teammates and opposition alike.

When i saw it, it looked just like an acident McCaw did'nt seem to make much of a fuss about it. thats why he was cleared as it was nothing, what to you want?no body contact in a ruck??

if you want to be condeming the SANZAR judiciary, how about the trip?????

You really need to get over this you sound like my 5yr old when she doesn't get her own way, time to grow up!!

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

LB

Isn't this a tad paternalistic? We are all big boys on here.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:46 pm

eirebilly wrote:Even though the AB's lost today, i still cant see them being beaten at the RWC. They lost to an Australian team that were better on the day but i still feel as if the AB's are the better team.

Agreed. I am sure they will do it at home.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:28 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:

GreyGhost
Have you ever been at the bottom of a ruck trying to get up quick??? hands, elbows heads knees are hitting you and your doing the same to others, teammates and opposition alike.

When i saw it, it looked just like an acident McCaw did'nt seem to make much of a fuss about it. thats why he was cleared as it was nothing, what to you want?no body contact in a ruck??

You really need to get over this you sound like my 5yr old when she doesn't get her own way, time to grow up!!

Come on dude. Quade Cooper? In a ruck? I don't think so. Have you seen the incident? The ball is gone and Cooper wanders over, checks both ways then knees McCaw in the head. It's no accident. And it's obvious.

Copping a knee or a boot in a ruck is very different from someone deliberately attacking you from the blindside when they think they can get away with it.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:36 pm

Overall Wallabies deserved the win here - Greater hunger, desire and sharpness had it for me. If they hadn't scored there they still had momentum and ABs were on the back foot.

Blaming it on refs/TMOs is sour grapes - can't blame ya for trying though! I know I was a 'wee' bit upset when Phillips scored an illegal try for Wales against Ireland this year...

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:39 pm

Australia were on top for the first 40 - no doubt. AB's kept putting themselves under pressure.

But NZ came back in the 40-60 minute mark.

The difference in these kind of games are small margins. To cop two ridiculous TMO decisions in two weeks is tough to stomach. Especially both from local men. I don't buy the argument that the Wallabies would have scored sooner or later. Fact is they scored due to consistent pressure - pressure which the ABs didn't deserve to be under due to a clearly wrong call.

Add that the SANZAR decision to take no action over Cooper's knee to the head despite clear video evidence, and it makes me despair that the thing that separates the top 3 or 4 teams in the world is poor refereeing decisions.

It's not a great state of affairs for the game.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:39 pm

Cooper wanders over ? That implies he was on his feet, he was getting to his feet when McCaw assaulted his knee with his chin.

25th June 2005.

The ball is gone and Mealamu and Nonu wander over, check both ways then lift O'Driscoll in the air and drive him into the floor. It's no accident. And it's obvious.

Copping a knee or a boot in a ruck is very different from someone deliberately attacking you from the blindside when they think they can get away with it.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm

Why try to bring up something from 6 years ago Nottins? Let it go man, that one has been done to death.

We're in a new era now. I'm talking about Cooper's knee to the head. Either blindman Barnes, or the SANZAR judiciary should have punished him for that. The truth is a lot of these officials only make a ruling if the crowd makes a bit of a noise.

No surprise that your man Barnes was involved again.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:50 pm

Australia deserved the win and were awesome in the first half. Reality Barnes is a difficult ref for the AB's to deal with. he penalises us more the opposition and he tends to be inconsistent. That's life, I'm more interested in how they adjust to his rulings. I think they could have negated a lot of the issues by being more intense at the breakdown. barnes was pretty lax. Assuming he would treat both sides the same, they should have thrown themselves into the breakdown as early and hard as the could. Another option they should have taken was for the second tackler to jackle for the ball (i.e. stay on his feet, and go for the turnover without releasing). It would have slowed the ball down and possibly got some turnover ball. Most northern refs gon't ping it and they probably would have gotten away with it (a la Australia and SA).

In terms of running interference. It happened a bit this game from both sides.

The IRN really has to look at the TMO's. 2 substandard decisions by hometown TMO's for hometown teams in 2 weeks.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:35 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Why try to bring up something from 6 years ago Nottins? Let it go man, that one has been done to death.

We're in a new era now. I'm talking about Cooper's knee to the head. Either blindman Barnes, or the SANZAR judiciary should have punished him for that. The truth is a lot of these officials only make a ruling if the crowd makes a bit of a noise.

Being you must be a nightmare

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 29 Aug 2011, 6:52 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Why try to bring up something from 6 years ago Nottins? Let it go man, that one has been done to death.

The same reason you keep mentioning a certain 1/4 final in 2007. Let it go, that one has been done to death.

Australia were the better side and clearly deserved to win. thumbsup

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:

GreyGhost

Come on dude. Quade Cooper? In a ruck? I don't think so. Have you seen the incident? The ball is gone and Cooper wanders over, checks both ways then knees McCaw in the head. It's no accident. And it's obvious.

Heres a link GG yep that is Quade Cooper in the ruck, No Thats not the back of Richie McCaw's head as you stated, oh and why was Brad Thorne not Yellow carded for retaliation with his follow-up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RYZStDdDI

Also you have not really mentioned a bit of blatent cheating/foulplay that went unpunished the trip?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:For the second week in a row, the All Blacks were robbed by an appalling decision by a local TMO.

After the shocking debacle in Port Elizabeth a week ago, toothless Paddy O'Brien's IRB refereeing so-called Elite panel have come in for more criticism after a shambles in the Tri-nations decider between New Zealand and Australia.

This time the villain was parochial Australian Matt Goddard. Faced with with video evidence clearly indicating a 22 meter restart after excellent work by All Black Veteran Muliaina, the local notorious Australian indicated to controversial Englishman Wayne Barnes that he believed a 5 meter scrum to his home team Australia was warranted.

With 3 key backrowers temporarily injured, Australia worked a move close to the scrum and scored what turned out to be the games clinching try.

Barnes, who himself this time took a more active role than usual in the All Blacks down fall after impeding Adam Thompson as he attempt to put a tackle of Samo, creating an unimpeded run to the try line for the Australia 8, was this time additionally rather let down by his assistants. Firstly Goddard, and secondly by another South African who was fooled by some Hollywood theatrics by Adam Ashley-Cooper who ran into the back of Kevin Mealamu and then threw himself to the ground in the style more befitting the closing act of Hamlet. This was enough for the South African to disrupt All Black momentum and award a penalty shot to Cooper.

IRB head referee Paddy O'Brien has presided over an era of controversy as chief referee. Many experts have levelled blame for the fall of the games professional adjudication into chaos as he has failing to address the inadequate level of the so-called top level referees. O'Brien was responsible for appointing inexperienced Wayne Barnes to referee the All Blacks when the were thrown out of the 2007 world cup in one of the worst refereeing displays in the professional era where he failed to penalise France for any one of 27 indiscretions in the last 60 minutes and missed a blatantly forward pass.

O'Brien was also responsible for the debacle which saw the two hemispheres play under different rules for 2 years throwing the global game into chaos.

Unsurprisingly Cooper missed the kick, but the controversial Australian already looks set to miss the world cup after being cited for a cynical off the ball knee to the head of All Black legend Richie McCaw. Many industry pundits have suggested that despite the obvious cynicism that Cooper may escape sanction if O'brien continues his trend of inadequate accountability in the global game.

"Unless Paddy gets off his chuff and does something about the state of the game, this kind of unacceptable travesty will continue to roll off the international rugby conveyor belt." our correspondent said.

You never seem to whinge when the rub of the green goes with the ABs. Why would that be do you think? Didn't hear much out of you over Read's knock on at Eden Park providing ABs with 7 points on a plate. What did you have to say about McCaws illegal detaching from a scrum creating an illgeal overlap and try against W last year when ABs won 23-22? AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I get it - ABs won those games. Right.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:25 pm

I didn't need to mate, all the Ozzie posters were on here having a whinge about it already.

It's only "whinging" when I make a valid statement about the referees being incorrect, apparently.

For example when the English complain about the law that means if Cueto's foot is in touch then it's not a try they all rally together into a giant ball of anxiety and justify each other's position.

Just because I'm a lone voice in the wilderness calling for fair standards of refereeing to be applied to NZ, doesn't mean I'm wrong. It probably just means you don't like hearing it because you know I'm right.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

Ghost you don't honestly believe there is a conspiracy against NZ do you?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Just because I'm a lone voice in the wilderness calling for fair standards of refereeing to be applied to NZ
So you think they should be penalised more too then?

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Full Credit wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:Just because I'm a lone voice in the wilderness calling for fair standards of refereeing to be applied to NZ
So you think they should be penalised more too then?

laughing You made a funny!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Of course not. But the argument that poor refereeing decisions against NZ are acceptable because they should be good enough to win anyway is illogical nonsense and I'm sick of hearing it.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

Ghost, i don't think anyone disagrees with you that the correct procedures should be applicable, but then you have to concede even thoiugh the TMO got it wrong against SA, it was a forward pass.

THe situation against the Wallabies this weekend, once again, the TMO ruled that as held up, thus the 5 meter scrum.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:37 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Of course not. But the argument that poor refereeing decisions against NZ are acceptable because they should be good enough to win anyway is illogical nonsense and I'm sick of hearing it.

No-one is saying that, you are wilfully misconstruing people's comments. When people talk about 2007 the point they are making is that Barnes' performance is not the only reason the ABs lost, and that IF they had been good/smart enough in certain aspects as their play, they would have won anyway as they had opportunities. No-one thought Barnes's performance was acceptable, they just don't see it as the only reason the ABs lost.

As for your comments on the English response to Cueto's non-try...this is utter garbage, this resides entirely and solely in your mind. The vast majority of England supporters, once they'd seen the replay, accepted his foot was out. A tiny minority refused to.

I, like most people, want to see games reffed consistently and fairly. You are a terrible loser GG, i have an 8yr old cousin with better grace in defeat. It's embarrassing. Please please please revert to your more sensible postings.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:54 pm

Nope, you see what you said? exactly what I just said you were saying.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:00 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:I didn't need to mate, all the Ozzie posters were on here having a whinge about it already.

It's only "whinging" when I make a valid statement about the referees being incorrect, apparently.

For example when the English complain about the law that means if Cueto's foot is in touch then it's not a try they all rally together into a giant ball of anxiety and justify each other's position.

Just because I'm a lone voice in the wilderness calling for fair standards of refereeing to be applied to NZ, doesn't mean I'm wrong. It probably just means you don't like hearing it because you know I'm right.

Being the lone voice may not make you wrong per se, but it doesn't make you right either. I am not an advocate for a system that rewards tries when they are not tries - such as from forward passes. What a farce. Yes NZ should have been awarded a try in SA off a blatant forward pass.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:12 am

Hood83 wrote:
As for your comments on the English response to Cueto's non-try...this is utter garbage, this resides entirely and solely in your mind. The vast majority of England supporters, once they'd seen the replay, accepted his foot was out. A tiny minority refused to.

I, like most people, want to see games reffed consistently and fairly. You are a terrible loser GG, i have an 8yr old cousin with better grace in defeat. It's embarrassing. Please please please revert to your more sensible postings.

This. I don't know anyone that thinks Cueto wasn't in touch. Does anyone on here think he wasn't? No, it's just the lone voice whinging about referees constantly. Decisions go both ways for all teams, on the whole they balance out.

I am still amazed that the AB 'superman bellyflop' approach to the breakdown doesn't get them binned more often, but hey ho.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:10 pm

The superman bellyflop approach that Australia were using on the weekend you mean? The same one that England were using against Ireland?

In both instances it was northern hemisphere referees who were failing to ping this uncontrolled clean out/ruck entry off the feet.

I'd say the teams just play to the referees interpretation.

I've been banging on about how Barnes and Owens in particularly are not very good referees for a long time.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

New site (to me anyway) and the same old story coming from theGreyGhost

just take it on the chin my friend, you lost Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

Hersh, just pointing out that many teams do the same thing. It's about the referees encouraging it by not penalising; rather than certain teams relying on the technique.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

The GG crying in his milk again I see. As for the Thompson weak tackling on Samo its absolutely clear what happened. ie,

Thompson ran in to the ref but still had time to brush him aside and get to Samo. Samo handed him off very easily as Thompson went in upright. It was a great and absolutely legitimate try. Get over it GG the aussies gave you a good spanking.

BTW if you ever get to speak to Ali Williams you could ask him to stop deliberately tripping players up.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

We all know that Thompson was injured. My point is that had Barnes not been standing in his way, he would have had time to get into better position to make a tackle. Samo was attacking a gap created by Barnes, which gave him an advantage.

As for foul play, I nobody fell over, so I don't see how Ali Williams could have tripped anyone. Or perhaps you were just parroting what the one-eyed Aussie commentators said...oh yeah, that's it.

Interesting you didn't comment on Quade Coopers knee to the back of McCaw's head? I've seen players (Irish ones) red carded for that.

But I guess that game was in NZ, and Barnes has a habbit of fawning all over a local crowd. I guess it makes him feel wanted and accepted, briefly.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

Barnes was definitely not 'standing in his way'. Thompson ran in to an almost stationary Barnes. The ref has to stand somewhere and at any given point he could be 'standing in the way' of 10 or 12 players as they are all at different points on the pitch.. Thompson was simply blitzed by Samo.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

He ran into an almost stationary Barnes who was standing in the ABs defensive line. That's my point.

He does have to stand somewhere. Does it have to be in the ABs defensive line?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:59 pm

It was a poor effort from Thomson, pure and simple.

Even with the minor obstruction from Barnes (which clearly wasn't deliberate), Thomson got sufficient hold of Samo to bring him down. It was an easy hand-off from Samo considering Thomson is supposed to be a hard man.

Thomson has played poorly two games in a row now. If he really was so badly injured that he couldn't even make a tackle, then he should never have been on the pitch.

Barnes didn't have a good game, both sides had poor decisions from him in my view, but I don't think the result would have been any different had another ref been in charge. The ABs had the players and the game plan available to win that game, but the Aussies were focused, strong enough in defense and crucially able to dictate for the majority of the game the way in which the game would be played.

I know it's frustrating when a couple of decisions don't go your way, believe me, last time we lost to Argentina Alan Lewis may have well have just declared that the offside rule didn't apply to Albacete, but sometimes even with rough decisions you are second best. The ABs were second best on Saturday.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:

Interesting you didn't comment on Quade Coopers knee to the back of McCaw's head?

How did he manage to knee him in the back off his head when McCaw was laid on his back ? Have you actually seen it or you just posting your usual one-eyed view ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

I think any rational person who's seen it, agrees Cooper did it accidentally-on-purpose.

Have you seen it? or are you just posting your usual one-eyed view?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

A few points.

Williams did have a trailing leg that tripped a Wallaby, can't remember who it was.

Thompson didn't make that tackle becuase he was injured and should have left the pitch.

Cooper looked at McCaw just before he got up, McCaw looked back at him and got the knee sort of under the chin.

I saw it all, so no contest.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

On the other side of the ledger, AAC deliberately ran into KM and then threw himself to the ground like a Shakespearian hack acting out the closing sequence of Hamlet, and milking a penalty from the same touch judge who missed the Cooper knee 2 meters in front of him.

Barnes took the linesman's word for it, having "failed to see" either incident.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:I think any rational person who's seen it, agrees Cooper did it accidentally-on-purpose.

Have you seen it? or are you just posting your usual one-eyed view?

I have seen it, he does not knee him in the back of the head. It's quite clear you haven't seen it.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Nottins. Most people on this site aren't in denial like you.

Most people will just accept that not everything that happens to NZ is something to have a little self satisfied giggle about.

Clearly Cooper is doing something which is plainly aware of, and that constitutes foul play.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

No foul play there. Time to move on thumbsup .

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

I see that blindness to foul play against NZ isn't just a feature of Wayne Barnes's eyesight. It seems to be an English eye disease.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

nottins wrote:25th June 2005.

The ball is gone and Mealamu and Nonu wander over, check both ways then lift O'Driscoll in the air and drive him into the floor. It's no accident. And it's obvious.

It was actually Mealamu and Umaga. Nonu didn't make the squad until the 2nd test. Wrong as per usual! thumbsup
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

Yeah, get it right Nottins.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

Doh I know!
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Nope, you see what you said? exactly what I just said you were saying.

Nope. You implied people think the ABs should win all the time and don't deserve a fair cop from the ref. This is bunkum. Most people thought Barnes performance was poor, disadvantaged the ABs, but not enough to affect the game In other words, they COULD have won but didn't due to other reasons i.e. not making the right decisions.

It's not difficult.

Trust me, we all wish Barnes had reffed it better and spared us the last few years of bleating.

Oh and everyone saw the Cooper knee, nottins point was everyone who saw it knows it was on his chin, not the back of his head as you said. A legitimate question therefore is what part of the back of your head features a chin GG? You really can't even admit to a simple, innocent slip of the tongue mistake can you?!

I do agree though, amazed it was cited and not met with any punishment, looked very deliberate to me.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:On the other side of the ledger, AAC deliberately ran into KM and then threw himself to the ground like a Shakespearian hack acting out the closing sequence of Hamlet, and milking a penalty from the same touch judge who missed the Cooper knee 2 meters in front of him.

Have you aver seen a bullet deflect of a tiny little branch?

It doesn't take much to deflect an object's momentum when it hits the tiniest stationary particle.

He BOUNCED.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:55 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:On the other side of the ledger, AAC deliberately ran into KM and then threw himself to the ground like a Shakespearian hack acting out the closing sequence of Hamlet, and milking a penalty from the same touch judge who missed the Cooper knee 2 meters in front of him.

A Shakesperian journalist? Que?

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

Hood83 wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:Nope, you see what you said? exactly what I just said you were saying.

Nope. You implied people think the ABs should win all the time and don't deserve a fair cop from the ref. This is bunkum. Most people thought Barnes performance was poor, disadvantaged the ABs, but not enough to affect the game In other words, they COULD have won but didn't due to other reasons i.e. not making the right decisions.

That's just apologetic nonsense though. Fact is a single wrong call can influence the game. The ABs lost by what? 1 point? Just one of those 26 missed calls would have changed the outcome of the game. I'm not sure how anyone could arrive at the conclusion that it didn't affect the outcome. It's just ludicrous.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:43 pm

If you were to watch it agin you would see that AAC DIDN'T deliberately run into KM He was blocked by another NZ player(cant remember which), and then fell in to KM, thats why the other NZ player was pinged for it not the saintly and blessed KM.

If you that "one eyed" we may hve to start calling you "Leela" laughing

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:50 am

Newsflash : referees sometimes make bad decisions. Always have, always will, in any sport.

Most people over the age of ten understand this, and accept it. There's just a tiny minority with a persecution complex that spend their time bleating and stamping their feet.

A friend of mine suffers from this affliction and frequently has to be reminded to STFU during and after games before his whinging drives everyone insane. Tedious.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next