The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton - Maldonado qualifying crash

2 posters

Go down

Hamilton - Maldonado qualifying crash Empty Hamilton - Maldonado qualifying crash

Post by Muffleface Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:30 pm

There is obviously a history with these two guys and then there was the end of one of th q sessions where hami had to race through the queue and a bit of contact happened. But the bit where Hamilton and Maldonado came together they looked like they were needling each other with Hamilton doing a swerve towards him and then back which caused a rush of blood to Maldonado's head and he just stuck to the line he was taking to close the wedge Hamilton was in. Both were at fault. Either Hamilton should have yielded or Maldonado should have changed his line. What do you think?

Muffleface

Back to top Go down

Hamilton - Maldonado qualifying crash Empty Re: Hamilton - Maldonado qualifying crash

Post by Critical_mass Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Firstly, this whole "they have history" is BS imo, i dont think its cos of Monaco (which i think Maldonado turned in on Lewis), i think it was due to the last chicane during quali.

I think Maldonado was at fault. Because Lewis was on his final last lap, he pushed his way through to get the quick lap in - which he is entitled to do. Maldanado, following the 2 cars in front at the end of the quali lap, should have seen Lewis coming and either got on with it or moved over. From what i saw Maldanado wasnt on a fast lap. THis is why lewis pushed through as they would and probably did to an extent, hold him up.

Again from what ive gathered, Maldonado saw red and decided to do what he did. Lewis did start to move over to his right, but as soon as he realised Maldonado was there, he pulled back to the left. I dont know if Maldonado misinterpret that as aggression or not. All i can say is Maldonado was in the wrong imo and shouldnt have swiped Lewis' front wing off and damaged the side of his car. If Maldonado hadnt have physically touched lewis' car it wouldnt have been half as bad, but he did...

Im not sure i understand why lewis got repremanded as he didnt appear to do anything wrong.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down