The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC Test Skippers and their positions....

+2
welshy824
GunsGerms
6 posters

Go down

RWC Test Skippers and their positions.... Empty RWC Test Skippers and their positions....

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:55 pm

The talking and warm-ups to the main RWC event are now over and with the squads announced, it has become astonishing on who are picked as the leaders for the main contenders. The skippers are as follows;

Opensides
Moody, England
Dusatoir, France
Warburton, Wales
McCaw, New Zealand
Locks,
O'Connell, Ireland
Kellock, Scotland
Matfield, South Africa
Horvill, Australia

The only exceptions are Contemponi and Parisse for Argentina and Italy. My view on this is very firmly that whilst Refs are not adverse to issuing yellow cards, they do hesitate when it is a captain and opensides tread the yellow card line as their job and locks often lead the enforcers in the team.

For the good of the RWC, I would want to see a skipper carded, which wouldnt be difficult, to send a message and a mini shockwave through the Test game but I wouldnt put my house on it either. The coach's are making a mockery, they know it and it remains unspoken.

Back to top Go down

RWC Test Skippers and their positions.... Empty Re: RWC Test Skippers and their positions....

Post by GunsGerms Mon 29 Aug 2011, 5:32 pm

O'driscoll is Ireland captain

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

RWC Test Skippers and their positions.... Empty Re: RWC Test Skippers and their positions....

Post by welshy824 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 5:34 pm

and tbh for past however long moody has been injured- and isint kellock playing no 8 for scotland?

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

Warburton is only captain because of Rees's injury, it wasnt really a tactical choice.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Mon 29 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

When did Matfield replace Smit?

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

He hasn't, he is vice captain
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:13 pm

Both O'Connell and Matfield were skippers for their sides in their last game and could quite easily continue to do so, given injuries and/or lack of form.

It is the coincidence of the overall selection across all the big sides for the roles of captain that I am surprised has not been recognised.

Yellow cards can change games and sides appear to be picking players that can be then immune to this sanction.

When was the last time a skipper was yellow carded??

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

wales606 wrote:Warburton is only captain because of Rees's injury, it wasnt really a tactical choice.

I think it could be an inspired choice mind you. Even when and hopefully if Rees fully recovers I would now stick with Sam as he seems a very natural at it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down