The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while.

+12
Soldier_Of_Fortune
sirfredperry
sodhat
antoineclarke
Lee
Adam D
Kay Fabe
Fernando
Josiah Maiestas
Thomond
Kenny
GSC
16 posters

Go down

Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while. Empty Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while.

Post by GSC Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:50 pm

-Wenger finally spending money on a CB who can head the ball
-Hargreaves winding up at Man City
-Chelsea moving for Meireles
-Joe Cole to Lille
-Davide Santon to Newcastle
-Arsenal supposedly in and out for Cahill in a couple of hours
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while. Empty Re: Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while.

Post by Kenny Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

Yeh things are really starting to move on , tomorrow should be even better..Panic buying in over drive .

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while. Empty Re: Most interesting day we've had in the transfer market for a while.

Post by Thomond Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

That is an interesting move for Cole,Meireles had a good end to last season I'd be surprised if Liverpool let him go. Arsene finally spends some money!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:23 pm

Benayoun to end back up at Liverpool as part of the Meireles deal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

Interesting one with Meireles, obviously the Portuguese connection at Chels might be tempting, however i'm not a fan of teams buying players direct from their rivals, guess that AVB already told benayoun he can leave then? and yet they still keep Malouda and Kalou! Doh
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:57 pm

Malouda + kalou both been linked with moves aswell Josiah

Malouda to arsenal/juventus

Kalou to Lille

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

Malouda is an interesting one, not the normal type of Arsene Wenger makes but definitely someone he needs

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

That may not happen with Malouda as according to SSN We've made an approach for Juan Manuel Vargas

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:43 pm

David Gold has confirmed that Scott Parker has handed in a Transfer request:

DavidGoldWHU David Gold
I'm sad to announce that we have just received a transfer request from Scott Parker. More details on the WHU website. DG

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

Poulsen is off to Evian Thonon Gaillard and acording to Suarez on Twitter we've signed Coates

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:40 am

Lee wrote:Poulsen is off to Evian Thonon Gaillard and acording to Suarez on Twitter we've signed Coates

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

There's a couple of never made it guys lurking in the squad and another striker would be nice. But I think this squad is near enough what we need.

I'll be shocked if LFC finish below Arsenal or Spurs. We shall see who blinks first M*n *td, Man City, Chelsea or us.

Seven points in September will do.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:56 am

Hobo wrote:David Gold has confirmed that Scott Parker has handed in a Transfer request:

DavidGoldWHU David Gold
I'm sad to announce that we have just received a transfer request from Scott Parker. More details on the WHU website. DG

It was always coming, and I knew it would be Spurs too!

It's a loss, but a loss that is mitigated a little by Nolan coming in and thus far looking to do the business.

We still likely need another forward, a midfielder on loan and for gods sake buy a new left back.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Harry has said that Modric is definitely not going. Well that settles it, then. Around 8pm we'll hear he's going to Chelsea for around £35-40 million. And, let's face it, will anyone be surprised despite the b***ocks that's been talked over the last few days.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:44 am

[quote="Churchill"]Benayoun to end back up at Liverpool as part of the Meireles deal?

Liverpool apparentley have told Chelsea that it is a straight 20 million deal for Meireles or a swap involving Sturridge , Liverpool not interested in Benayoun unless its free transfer .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

Zarate is at Melwood apprantley?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

Zarate has joined Inter Milan on loan

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:37 am

Meireles out for about what he cost is OK, not great.

Cole, Degen, Ngog, Paulsen off the payroll is cool.

Bellamy on a free is nice, maybe. The golf club, alleged assaults... a bit late for him to "grow up."

Overall, I think Liverpool will be a top three team.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

Definatley got rid of some deadwood , i liked Meireles though plus dont like seeing him go to a rival but then again wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player so hey ho
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:02 am

I'm gutted Meireles has left, he was one of our best players last season and has something a bit different to our other central midfielders. You only have to look at the difference he made when he came on in the Arsenal game. Coupled with Aquilani being allowed to go as well I think it leaves us lacking a certain something in midfield.

Then you add in the fact that it's a straight cash deal for not much more than we paid for him. I don't know, it just doesn't seem to add up. When the rumour broke about a potential swap involving Daniel Sturridge then I thought that would be a pretty good deal for us, but now that hasn't happened I don't see what benefit it is to us.

As for Bellamy I think he'll be a very good impact / back-up player but I can't see him being a regular first teamer.

Last edited by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:04 am

I watched SS News last night after everything had gone through and the biggest shock to me was Arteta to Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

Had seemed like you were offerred Benayoun in a swap deal too -- that would have made perfect sense to me!

Meireles was a very useful player in that he could fit many different formations in many positions. Midfielder wise you should be ok, Gerrard will be back soon enough to battle with Adam, Henderson, Lucas et al.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:00 am

Think Hargreaves to Man City was a surprise.

Jenas, Hutton & Stevens.

Would have liked abit better, but lets see how they do.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

Am suprisd and pleased at arteta and think wenger has done some good business, though would have liked to see him buy a more recognised striker, like bellamy. But overall im a lot more comfortable with the squad than a few weeks ago

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

Raul Meireles leaving took the shine off what had been an excellent transfer window for us, got rid of a lot of the deadwood in Cole, Poulsen, N'Gog, Soti etc. and brought in some very good players, Enrique is looking excellent, Downing is finally a good winger, Adam has been very good, Henderson looked a lot better against Bolton, Coates is supposed to be a very good young centre back and Bellamy is a good back-up signing, a straight replacement for N'Gog and although his wages are supposedly high, we got him on a free and sold N'Gog for £4 million so that should cover it.

Not only was Meireles a very good player but we sold him to a team I think it isn't impossible that we could finish above, although Meireles was unhappy and Kenny didn't seem to want to use him in the first team, as long as we don't get a couple of injuries in the centre of the park we should be okay, and on a positive note it might mean Jonjo Shelvey can get more games now as I was worried with the arrivals of Henderson and Adam he wouldn't get to play much.

I think Arsene Wenger was furiously trying to sign people, and to be honest did quite well as considering teams knew he had just sold two players for over a combined fee of £50 million he didn't pay too much for anybody and probably got Arteta for a free who I think could be a very good player.

Surely Everton have to be the most dissapointed with the window, they have brought in two average players on loan, sold two strikers in Beckford (who I think is underrated in the Premier League), Yakubu, sold Arteta one of their best players and it just seems to have been a disaster from start to finish.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

Reading the papers this morning it does look like we have done some good business in the Bellamy and Cole deals .
Bellamy has taken a 50% pay cut on his Man City wages , and as part of the Cole deal we have been given 1st refusal should Lille sell Eden Hazard .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Reading the papers this morning it does look like we have done some good business in the Bellamy and Cole deals .
Bellamy has taken a 50% pay cut on his Man City wages , and as part of the Cole deal we have been given 1st refusal should Lille sell Eden Hazard .

That's good news on both fronts, I read yesterday that Bellamy was on something like £90,000 a week at Man City and Eden Hazard is a quality player. So if both stories are true then that's a big well done to Liverpool.

I agree with Leak that it's been an excellent transfer window for us, but the sale of Meireles has put a slight dampener on the whole thing for me, especially seeing as we sold him to a rival team. Hopefully Dalglish & Commoli managed to get first refusal on Daniel Sturridge as well! Very Happy

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Reading the papers this morning it does look like we have done some good business in the Bellamy and Cole deals .

That's good news on both fronts, I read yesterday that Bellamy was on something like £90,000 a week at Man City and Eden Hazard is a quality player. So if both stories are true then that's a big well done to Liverpool.

I agree with Leak that it's been an excellent transfer window for us, but the sale of Meireles has put a slight dampener on the whole thing for me, especially seeing as we sold him to a rival team. Hopefully Dalglish & Commoli managed to get first refusal on Daniel Sturridge as well! Very Happy

That would be nice , i dont believe the whole transfer was done in 25 minutes as i dont see us just agreeing that late on, the clubs must of been talking before hand so i believe there must be more to it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:23 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:That would be nice , i dont believe the whole transfer was done in 25 minutes as i dont see us just agreeing that late on, the clubs must of been talking before hand so i believe there must be more to it .

There's no way that deal was started and finished in the last half hour of the window. Maybe Meireles was told to stick in a written transfer request to take some flak off the club? I know it sounds a bit underhanded but instead of a lot of "We've just sold one of our best players to a rival club" talk there's "If he doesn't want to be here then let him go" talk.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

Many apologies for my earlier posting expressing my cynicism over the Modric situation. You get so used to double speak and spin that you can sometimes not take words at face value. Must say I was convinced Modric was on his way and that all the talk was just to spin it out til the last minute and then get megabucks for him.
Job now is to get Modric to play. He can't sulk, otherwise he'll be out of the team with no prospect of any football until the new year.
Spurs fans may agree that the departures of Crouch, Palacios and Jenas will only strengthen Tottenham.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

If Spurs did turn down 40 million then hats off to them as thats a hell of a lot of money . Modric has got to get his head straight the last 2 games were hes not wanted to play cant happen anymore , if it does Spurs could regret not selling .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm

Hopefully Dalglish & Commoli managed to get first refusal on Daniel Sturridge as well!
now you're dreaming, no way does chelsea agree to that, and sturridge wouldn't join liverpool!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Thu 01 Sep 2011, 1:00 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Hopefully Dalglish & Commoli managed to get first refusal on Daniel Sturridge as well!
now you're dreaming, no way does chelsea agree to that, and sturridge wouldn't join liverpool!

But I bet Torres will be pining for Merseyside...
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

Meireles handed in a transfer request so Liverpool didn't have to pay him off to go to another club. Common in a lot of big transfers nowadays it seems.

If I were Harry, I would have sold Modric for £40m and then bought Cahill in and then spend a bit on another top quality striker to partner Adebayor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Despite their obvious strong start, a lot of Manchester United fans at the end of last year claimed they would be dissapointed if SAF didn't sign a big-name central midfielder which has been the case now, so are those same fans still dissapointed? Or is Cleverly enough to fill the gap?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Despite their obvious strong start, a lot of Manchester United fans at the end of last year claimed they would be dissapointed if SAF didn't sign a big-name central midfielder which has been the case now, so are those same fans still dissapointed? Or is Cleverly enough to fill the gap?
might be a problem if Anderson gets injured, I don't think Cleverely is as good as some Mancs are making out tbh, he needs the team to be on fire to make anything happen!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Despite their obvious strong start, a lot of Manchester United fans at the end of last year claimed they would be dissapointed if SAF didn't sign a big-name central midfielder which has been the case now, so are those same fans still dissapointed? Or is Cleverly enough to fill the gap?
Every fan of every club likes to see big names heading into their club. I think the majority of united fans have faith in Sir Alex now to do as he sees fit but there will always be speculation and it'll always be nice to be associated with "big name" players like Wesley Sneijder.

Overall, I think the squad is strong enough to win yet another premiership. People are forgetting, if Cleverly or Anderson get injured, we still have Giggs, Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Jones that can slot into the midfield and do a job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down