The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings.

+22
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
nottins_jones
englandglory4ever
TheGreyGhost
GavinDragon
Great White
FerN
maestegmafia
emack2
Taylorman
majesticimperialman
andy powells minder
RubyGuby
Full Credit
Effervescing Elephant
TBJ9625
Biltong
fa0019
Comfort
Luckless Pedestrian
Bullsbok
Portnoy
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings. - Page 3 Empty If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings.

Post by Portnoy Wed 31 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've checked it and double checked it, but unbelievably it appears to be true.

And before posting this article I just had to triple-check it. And it's still valid.

This is not an outrageous ad for the IRB rankings sticky. Just a general dissemination of information.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings. - Page 3 Empty Re: If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings.

Post by Great White Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Nottins have you noticed that all your countrymen with any sense have abandoned the sinking ship of your 'argument' and left you to your fate?

Great White

Back to top Go down

If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings. - Page 3 Empty Re: If Wales beat South Africa on 11/9 they will overtake them in the IRB rankings.

Post by nottins_jones Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

Great White, you used to be wotsits dad, Citadel WelfordRD on the old 606 amongst another 30 odd usernames as you kept getting banned from the site but, returning constantly because I assume you were unemployed at the time and had nothing better to do. You used to degenerate discussions back then with the kind of tripe that you've been posting today; nobody cared for your opinions or comments, or whether you get the last words in in spite of how pathetic you sound and nothing has changed now. Last post to you as you'll be going on 'ignore' (god I love that feature).
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Again, the best case of the pot calling the kettle black seen since your last comment accusing somebody of posting ridiculous opinions and comments.

How amusing.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:47 pm

NJ, GW, GG

I strongly suggest you all use the foe feature on each other, the bickering is getting tedious.

Though well done for -just- staying away from getting too personal

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Me? Huh? What did I do?

Personally I love listening to GW and NJ's opinions on things.

I was labouring under the impression that it was a discussion.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

Wotz the foe feature??????

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 01 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

Its similar to Jack and the beanstalk.

Fee, Fie, Foe Fum, I had enough of you chum.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

OzT - it's effectively an ignore feature on this site. If you go into your profile and click on the friends and foe's option, you can choose to make someone your foe. It means that it will hide that persons posts from you, although you do I believe have an option to click to reveal what they've posted if you so wish. Something like that anyway OK

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

Cheers guys for the info on foe feature.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:15 pm

If me auntie had a dangler she'd be me uncle....

Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:44 pm

Bullsbok wrote:Wales last two games have been against scratch Bok sides made up of B and C team players whereas englands been bullied by Bok A teams for 5 of those 6 games

Tut tut. You do know that only Wales can claim that they have put out a B/C team when they suffer a defeat. 62-5 spring to mind ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:55 pm

If Wales beat SA they will definitely deserve to be above them in the rankings. In fact SA should count themselves lucky that we helped out Fijian rugby last time or we would have taken them in the QF and they would not have won the WC. They won the WC as the weakest team to do it in the history of WCs.

SA had the easiest run to a WC final in the history of the game last time and only won the first one in 95 because they bribed a welsh referee to beat france and poisoned the opposition in the final.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:55 pm

Am I missing something here,the Thread is about IF Wales beat the Boks,they will overtake them in the IRB ratings?
quote"Wales last two teams have been against scratch Bok sides"is that relavent.
My knowledge of the Wales v SA results,shows one win,one draw by Wales
in all matches.
Were these the two matchs concerned,I think not.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:00 am

Deadfred,I`m not a Bok supporter BUT with respect you can only beat the
teams in front of you.
SA won the thing,2007 was the weirdest one for unusual results Argentina came third.AUS and NZ out in the quarters.
Ireland,and Wales not getting out of there groups.,and Hernadez bombing
teams out right.left,and centre.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:08 am

I agree Emack that you can only play what comes up but that does not take away from the fact that they had the easiest route to the final of any team in WC history and ended playing a team that had already capitulated to them in their group.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:18 am

deadfred wrote:I agree Emack that you can only play what comes up but that does not take away from the fact that they had the easiest route to the final of any team in WC history and ended playing a team that had already capitulated to them in their group.

So somehow other teams not muscling up is our fault? if you're not good enough to get to the final dont talk rubbish about the team that does . I got respect for England cause they talk a lot but when the time comes they back it up ! so Wat if they capitulated in the group stages , they certainly were in no mood to bendover in the final and they fought their way to the final . On the day the French were better than the AB , tht wasnt our fault, the aussies lost to England , that again wasnt out fault so this bs about having the easiest route to the final is excatly that BS.

And Wales did the Boks a favour by losing against Fiji ? laughing yes i'm sure as a saffa fan im most grateful for your help in making sure the Boks won the WC
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:35 am

Bullsbok,my point precisely,what happens to other sides does`nt matter.
RWC`s NEVER go to the script,England amazed every one by reaching the
Final.
On there results since 2003 they should have been no where near it,AND
in 2007 Argentina were FAR from easy.
Your comments show disrespect for the teams concerned,and IF Wales
had progressed from the group stage .
It could have been different,they did`nt so it`s academic isn`t it?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:42 am

emack2 wrote:
Your comments show disrespect for the teams concerned

How excatly do MY comments show disrepect to the the teams concerned ?? i merely mentioned France were better on the day than the AB same with England and the Aussies . As for Fiji and Wales lemme get this straight .You're implying that If Wales had beat Fiji the Boks might not have won the cup? I dont think i fully understand that concept.If we beat the team that beat Wales chances are we would have beaten Wales too. not being arrogant just pointing out the rather obvious
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:50 am

Bullsbok i was refering to Dead freds comments SORRY if itwas`nt obvious.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:53 am

Such a shame this thread is falling apart

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

Going back on 2007 form SA would have thrashed us. 2011 I don't expect that to happen.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:11 am

nottins_jones wrote:Going back on 2007 form SA would have thrashed us. 2011 I don't expect that to happen.
I thought you thought they would...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:12 am

Well, we're only going to have to wait until Sunday morning to witness the Welsh humiliation, so this whole conversation will be academic.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:17 am

Great White wrote:Well, we're only going to have to wait until Sunday morning to witness the Welsh humiliation, so this whole conversation will be academic.

So yesterday you wanted Wales to win and today you want us to be 'humiliated.' Tell me, when you go to the bookies, do you bet on both teams to lose and both to win?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:20 am

I said, I wanted Wales to win, but the reality is that they'll lose, in all likelihood. Humiliation will be a cap fitting exercise, no?

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:27 am

A cap fitting exercise?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:29 am

Lets just put it like this, the cap doesn't fit you.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:33 am

Ah, so it would be against the natural order of things for Wales not to be humiliated by South Africa? I could take offence at that, but it's Friday and a beautiful morning so I'm going to let it go.

I'm sure one of my compatriots will be along to take offence soon enough!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:35 am

Oh, you can be sure of it.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Loosing again to SA would not be a humiliation for wales - given we have only won once in 1000 years. On the other hand the current World Champs loosing to a team for only the second time in their history probably would be.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

I think you're missing the point. I didn't say (or mean) that a loss to SA would be a humiliation for Wales. If that was taken as the intent, I must apologise. However, a loss will be humiliating for certain individuals, and will increase as a function of the garbage they've spouted.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:31 am

Who are those misguided certain little individuals my little fish and are their assumptions based on fact or hope alone thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3