The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More from Rafa on Roger...

+2
Manojchandra
Tenez
6 posters

Go down

More from Rafa on Roger... Empty More from Rafa on Roger...

Post by Tenez Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:54 pm

In his book, Rafa says Federer is more technically gifted than I am, his serve is better than mine, his volley, his forehand is probably more decisive than mine; his slice backhand definitely is, and his positioning on the court is better, too.

S_A over to you!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

More from Rafa on Roger... Empty Re: More from Rafa on Roger...

Post by Manojchandra Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:15 am

You may struggle to find a more zealous fan of Roger than what I am. But these excerpts, with little context provided, mean not much. In the hierarchy of tennis, Roger is well above Rafa, but it is also the fact that their head to head is so skewed. I see no reason to rely on what is quoted here to base my judgement about their relative talents, achievements and place in history. Both are contenders for GOAT, though obviously for me Roger is the one, until Rafa exceeds his slams total.

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by icecold Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:16 am

Tenez wrote:
In his book, Rafa says Federer is more technically gifted than I am, his serve is better than mine, his volley, his forehand is probably more decisive than mine; his slice backhand definitely is, and his positioning on the court is better, too.

S_A over to you!

But you missed out the best bit!

.... but he is not in my league in terms of the drive backhand, cross court or down the line especially when handling a high ball. His forehand isn't as heavy. He isn't as good in defence as me. He cannot hold a candle to me in terms of mental strength and tactical awareness. And when you put the whole package together in terms of what you need to play world class tennis, what do you get? 17 -8. I am clearly the better player in our match up.

Very Happy

icecold

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:22 am

Unable to handle the realistic statement of your idol, so much so that you falsify quotes to make them what you'd dream of?

Dictionary definition of fanboy.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:36 am

icecold wrote:
Tenez wrote:

S_A over to you!

.... but he is not in my league in terms of the drive backhand, cross court or down the line especially when handling a high ball. His forehand isn't as heavy. He isn't as good in defence as me. He cannot hold a candle to me in terms of mental strength and tactical awareness. And when you put the whole package together in terms of what you need to play world class tennis, what do you get? 17 -8. I am clearly the better player in our match up.

Very Happy

Laugh Icecold

Let us be fair here, Nadal has always mocked Federer time after time. Pre-match interview Nadal: Federer is better than me
Post-match inevitable win for Nadal: He has more slams than me. Laugh

As Nadal would think, why not let TMF have the fantasy bragging rights? After all the audience see what happens on court once we get there.
icecold wrote:
Tenez wrote:

S_A over to you!

Very Happy

Laugh Icecold

Let us be fair here, Nadal has always mocked Federer time after time. Pre-match interview Nadal: Federer is better than me
Post-match inevitable win for Nadal: He has more slams than me. Laugh

As Nadal would think, why not let TMF have the fantasy bragging rights? After all the audience see what happens on court once we get there.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:31 am

To write such garbage once is understandable (it is you after all) but twice?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:38 am

Lol that is actually factual. Watch any Nadal pre and post match interview. Starts with; he is better than me and ends with; he has more slams than me.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Lol that is actually factual. Watch any Nadal pre and post match interview. Starts with; he is better than me and ends with; he has more slams than me.

So, you want to say he is not as honest and candid a guy as some might believe?
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm

Just a case of mocking Federer i'll say and showing a winners respect.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

---------------

Despite the fraudulence of this statement, it serves to highlight the blind fanaticism of Rafanatics, who actually have no insight into, or understanding of, their hero's game.

Drive backhand? Do you mean the loopy, off pace ball he hits 90% of the time? Or perhaps the moonball he throws in the other 10% of the time? At one (very limited) point in time Nadal could drive his BH on occasion, now it's virtually obsolete. The only time he 'drives' his BH is when he goes CC, rarely if ever will he 'drive' it down the line, which is one of the main reasons why Djoko has been kicking his big butt all year. Nadal does not have the ability to change the direction of a rally effectively because he can't hit his BH dtl effectively and likewise he can't hit his FH dtl - infact the latter shot his almost entirely missing from his arsenal.

This is why he gets stuck in repetitive CC exchanges either on the FH side or on the BH side. This works ok with Federer because he can use his FH to bully Roger's BH, but against Novak it doesn't work at all since Novak's BH is as strong as Rafa's FH and NOvak's FH is far stronger than Rafa's BH.

Nadal has a limited but effective game. The problem with this is that once players find a permanent solution to his game, he has no room for manoevre. In that sense he is no different to Roddick, who in his early days had a limited but effective game - however once Roger came with the solution, Roddick was always gonna play second fiddle.

Anyway, I'm not actually surprised by this kind of nonsense from Nadal fans, after all, weren't you the person who posted that you think The Nadull is the greatest player that you've ever see - by some distance. laughing

ghost

emancipator - the truth is out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down