The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM?

3 posters

Go down

IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM? Empty IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM?

Post by ruck40fun Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Just a thought but could throw up some interesting opportunites for players not currently on duty, although it would be very sad for Lewis, I for one would happily see Fourie step up, if his form at the start of the Ireland game is anything to go by he could well be our "Brouseau". Equally if Cueto's back injury is worse than thought, is there a chance that Flutey might be back or would Sharples be his replacement?

Does Johnson have scope to change his back-up choices do you think having made players' aware that they are on standby for injuries?
Also, not sure what the rules are, but are teams allowed to bring in replacements for serious injuries once the tournamount has started?

Idle questions really whilst I count down the hours till Friday morning.

ruck40fun

Back to top Go down

IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM? Empty Re: IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM?

Post by dummy_half Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

Wasn't Fourie injured in the Ireland game though? If he's also not available then it would have to be Robshaw coming in.

As for Cueto, we'd have to call up another winger / fullback - my guess is that Monye would get the nod ahead of Sharples simply because of his greater experience.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM? Empty Re: IF MOODY AND CUETO FAIL TO RECOVER WHO REPLACES THEM?

Post by ruck40fun Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

I think Fourie had a hamstring strain and I saw a piece in the press where he stated Jhonno had assured him he was first reserve so must be fit enough to travel.

I thought Monye was sent back to Quins and Sharples retained in the "squad" which would seem to put him ahead in the pecking order.

ruck40fun

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

You can replace someone who's injured but it's for the rest of the world cup. It happened with Noon and Flood in 2007

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down