The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Podcasts

4 posters

Go down

Podcasts Empty Podcasts

Post by thunder and lightning Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 0:13

Just wonder what American Football podcasts people listen to? Personally I subscribe to the Rich Eisen one (good guests and decent analysis) Dave Dameshek (not everyones cup of tea and lots of going off on tangents but can be quite amusing) and Inside the huddle which has Mike Carson, who is easily my favourite NFL pundit and have great analysis.

If anyone knows some good college football podcasts I'd be interested to know them also.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Podcasts Empty Re: Podcasts

Post by Toronto Niner Mets Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 0:22

Listen to Inside the Huddle too. ESPN's Football Today with Ross Tucker which has now gone daily throughout the season (not as good when Tucker not on it) and Fantasy wise ESPN's Fantasy Football podcast.

That's all I can manage football wise with the BS Report, Fantasy Focus baseball, PTI, Around the Horn and occassionally the Michelle Beadle podcast all competing for ear time.

If you don't already listen to Bill Simmons and the BS Report, check out his episodes that feature Cousin Sal. They go through the NFL betting lines every week and give their over and under bets for the weekend. It's a great listen.

Toronto Niner Mets

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 6:53

Yeh I love the Rich Eisen podcast and Dave Dameshek one too, I am a citizen of the Shek Republic.
Peter King of Sports Illustrated has just started a new podcast, he's very good so I'd go check that out. Also the cover 2 podcast with Steve Wyche and Bucky Brooks is pretty good.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 10:24

thunder and lightning wrote:
If anyone knows some good college football podcasts I'd be interested to know them also.

ESPNU College Football is dedicated to the College game.

ESPN Football Today is my favourite and a must listen for me.

Also listen to Dave Dameshek, took me a while to get into it but starting to really enjoy, he breaks things up by occasionally having shows where they Rank team uniforms etc. Guys on that show really know their NFL history.

Listen to Rich Eisen but finding it pretty hit and miss. His show gets the best guests and is far more professional sounding than the others, but Rich spends too much time fake laughing and kissing their ass. His Football guests are always good, but 20 minutes of listening to Paul Rudd and the likes plugging their movie/book/song can be tedious at times, that said the Curb Your Enthusiasm special was first class!

NFL Rants and Raves is the last of my downloads, it’s the two guys who appear on Sky Sports News from time to time. Independent (I think) from ESPN/NFL.com. Its a good listen as its different from the others in that it’s a lot more relaxed and it sounds far more like two (knowledgeable) fans sitting talking about the game.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down