The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today?

+5
RubyGuby
majesticimperialman
ML
PJHolybloke
Taffineastbourne
9 posters

Go down

Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today? Empty Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today?

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:38 am

Some genius at The Times thinks that Andy Powell is our most important forward at the WC.I would take this opportunity to avail myself of the onerous job that this numpty clearly does not deserve to have.I know a bit about Rugby and have more than 2 brain cells which immediately gives me the edge over this unnamed clown.
Close call between Warbs and Adam Jones for this accolade.Powell will be lucky to bench.Unbelievable.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today? Empty Re: Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today?

Post by PJHolybloke Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:03 am

Warburton if he carries his recent form into the competition, I'm looking forward to seeing how he stands up to the scrutiny of SA.

...but Andy Powell?

If he's Wales' most important forward Wales wont get out of their group, clearly he isn't and I'm sure they will.

Where do they dig these journos up from?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today? Empty Re: Anybody read the Times WC suppliment today?

Post by ML Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:21 am

Whilst Andy Powell clearly isnt the most important player in the Welsh pack, don't underestimate his tactical value to the squad. He is big, strong and abrasive. Given the physical nature of ALL the sides in our group, he is a useful lump to have on the park.

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 am

but Andy Powell?

If he's Wales' most important forward Wales wont get out of their group, clearly he isn't and I'm sure they will.

What makes you think that Wales will get out of their group any way? Whistle

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:25 am

I think it is Andy Powell, he now carrys the kit back and without our shirts we can't play thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:26 am

What makes us think Wales can qualify? The same thing that keeps us replying to your attempts to stir up a fight...... hope!

In your case, the hope is that you will say something that isnt entirely predictable and shows that you have something to add to any rugby discussion that is worthwhile.

You just cant resist a wum can you madge?

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:43 am

ML wrote:You just cant resist a wum can you madge?

It wouldn't be so bad if the wums were good.

I think Adam Bomb is probably our most important forward, then Warburton. I am not sure why they would pick Powell really. Best athlete in the forwards no doubt, but not most important forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 am

majesticimperialman wrote:but Andy Powell?

What makes you think that Wales will get out of their group any way? Whistle

Instinct. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 pm

I wasnt being sarcastic or trying to wum any one, Wales have a tough group and going on past Wales ruugby world cup record, well you dont have mutch luck when it comes to getting out of your group.

Do you? thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Surely Delve? Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Andy is the sacrificial goat, he'll come on after 2 mins and the saffers will just spend the next 78 mins boshing him, thus saving the rest of the welsh boys from a devil of a punning.

Result, wales 1, saffers 0, andy powell, Gats' eternal gratitude, becomes undroppable......................

FACT

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:08 am

andy powells minder wrote:Andy is the sacrificial goat, he'll come on after 2 mins and the saffers will just spend the next 78 mins boshing him, thus saving the rest of the welsh boys from a devil of a punning.

Result, wales 1, saffers 0, andy powell, Gats' eternal gratitude, becomes undroppable......................

FACT

END OF.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:46 am

Huw Bennett is our most important forward. Not joking
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 am

mckay1402 wrote:Huw Bennett is our most important forward. Not joking

errmmm, actually......you probably right

Adam Jones - Mitchell (big blow, but Mitchell has had lots of gametime)

Warburton - M.Williams (an experienced veteran, or Turnball/Tipuric could come in, it would be a big loss, but we have depth)

Bennett - Burns/Owens (two unexperienced players, with 1 cap between them. Burns couldnt throw underpressure in his first game, Owens hasnt played for eons)

So, Bennett is the most important forward (or indeed player) in the welsh team...

uh oh
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down