The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian GP under threat due to tax issue

2 posters

Go down

Indian GP under threat due to tax issue  Empty Indian GP under threat due to tax issue

Post by Fernando Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Martin Whitmarsh on Friday played down reports the inaugural Indian grand prix could be called off due to a tax issue.

But the McLaren principal, who doubles as the chairman of the teams association FOTA, admitted that the issue needs to be sorted before the F1 circus can commit to travelling to Delhi next month.

The BBC reports that, with the issue currently unresolved, teams and drivers will have to pay big tax bills to the Indian government.

"You don't go somewhere if you're going to be penalised," he said. "We have been unable thus far to get assurances from the Indian tax authorities that this manner will be resolved in a satisfactory manner.

"But I don't believe (the race) is seriously under threat. I am sure this will be resolved," Whitmarsh added.

source: motorsport.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Indian GP under threat due to tax issue  Empty Re: Indian GP under threat due to tax issue

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Hmph.

Whitmarsh, with his FOTA Chairman's hat on, should tell Bernie that if he wants them to race in India so badly, FOM should cough up.

I'm sure that they'll "come to an arrangement" in time for the race. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down