The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely!

+4
wales606
Bullsbok
welshy824
The Wood
8 posters

Go down

ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely! Empty ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely!

Post by The Wood Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

Thank you Phil. Absolutely loved your commentary.

The Wood

Back to top Go down

ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely! Empty Re: ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely!

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

if your english, because obviously no neutral or argentine supporters (in my case) would be watching the only channel hosting the world cup.

was dreadful commentry

welshy824

Back to top Go down

ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely! Empty Re: ITV Buzzword of the day. Absolutely!

Post by The Wood Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

I was absolutely being sarcastic Welshy! Very Happy

The Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

ah right sarcasm is quite hard to do when writing. believe me i know Wink

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

I put the audio on mute the moment i had Vickery screaming Cmon England like he was in the pub after one too many..who had the smart idea to let vickery comment in the first place?
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

itv- internationl television?
or ETV- english television??

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

ITV is getting worse than Sky,

At least the commentators on the BBC arent that biased - can we have Butler and Moore back?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

wales606 wrote:ITV is getting worse than Sky,

At least the commentators on the BBC arent that biased - can we have Butler and Moore back?

Well InverDull is that's one blessing for it being on ITV
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

Absolutely Wink bedford...

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

Its time like these thae we all realise how much we miss big Bill Mc rip.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

welshy824 wrote:itv- internationl television?
or ETV- english television??

It stands for independent.

tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

welshy824 wrote:if your english, because obviously no neutral or argentine supporters (in my case) would be watching the only channel hosting the world cup.

was dreadful commentry

Just imagine how annoyed you'd be if they got a couple of welsh commentators for your game against south africa, and then a load of people with 'england' in their username came on and got upset that the commentators didn't adequately represent south africa, who they were supporting.

I doubt the commentators early this morning focussed on Romania a huge amount either.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
wales606 wrote:ITV is getting worse than Sky,

Well InverDull is that's one blessing for it being on ITV

At least inverdale doesnt commentate.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:19 pm

C'mon. Vickery is there precisely because he is English. It's an England match. He's not broadcasting to the Argies, is he? So to let emotion out is normal. Absolutely, normal. The Aussie commentators openly support Oz, no issue with that either. In fact that makes the matches a little better.

I'm going to Sao Paulo tonight, so the next round of matches I watch will be from the Argentine networks broadcasting in Brasil (Most likely ESPN). I will let you know, but I expect their broadcasters will be openly supporting Argentina.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Kenneth Noisewater Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

Lucky pup!

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Yeah, I know. For the week. Not too bad, at all. I will be paying extremely close attention to the Rugby and will be ignoring those beautiful Brasilian girls........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

tomathy wrote:
welshy824 wrote:if your english, because obviously no neutral or argentine supporters (in my case) would be watching the only channel hosting the world cup.

was dreadful commentry

Just imagine how annoyed you'd be if they got a couple of welsh commentators for your game against south africa, and then a load of people with 'england' in their username came on and got upset that the commentators didn't adequately represent south africa, who they were supporting.

I doubt the commentators early this morning focussed on Romania a huge amount either.

whats your comment got to do that i have welsh in my name, i was saying from a neutral fan which could be aussie, S.A, NZ, ireland, scotland etc it was annoying, and yes if you had to welsh commentators then perhaps you would find it irritating, but from past memories eddie butler is fairly good, tbh if it was brian moore i wouldnt mind as he is funny, but phil vickey just droned on and every so often without mentioning it you could tell he was refering back to 2003. its 2011 move on, welsh commentators dont bang on about 2005 or 08 instead they criticise there own team half the time

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Kenneth Noisewater Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

Welshy:-

"but phil vickey just droned on and every so often without mentioning it you could tell he was refering back to 2003".

When did Vickery refer to 2003 during the commentary (either actual words or implied)?

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

please re read the quote and re read your comment mate, you can work out that i was saying he was implying it. its just irritating as there was no complimenting argentina for their brilliant work rate but just droning on about england

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

welshy,

If you met Neil Armstrong and he implied that maybe, just maybe, he may at one time have been to the moon would you have a go at him?

Lighten up fella. It's amazing you watch any rugby if you just start out waiting to be annoyed Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

no but neil armstrong isint commentating on a match where many viewers would like a bit of info on the opposition side i am not asking for complete unbias as that would never happen but the fact there always reference about england and 2003 and that they "almost" won it in 2007 is rather irritating.

i enjoy watching and playing rugby but i just wish there would be some fair unbias commentry.

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down